Joker’s misadventures

There looking good regarding your yellow leaf question to a certain extent if they aren’t totally yellow and crisp if there lime green or just starting to yellow . Then yes they should green back up.

8 Likes

Thanks @ShiskaberrySavior for answering!

3 Likes

They look great. Doing a great job.

4 Likes

Lookin good joker and yeah like shiskaberry said if they aren’t too far gone they with be cool but usually especially with like calcium and magnesium they are goners. What i do man is I will keep them hanging around until new growth starts taking back off then give em the ol chop. Definitely leave em on there tho and pay attention to new growth because that is what will tell you if the deficiency is taken care of or not. They are looking good man keep it up

6 Likes

Day 21

I think my habit of overwatering is not yet cured. I am good on the solo cups because I actually weigh them. But it seems like I have overwatered just about everything else.

Oh, did I mention that I am trying an experiment also. Some say you shouldn’t stress an auto at all. Some swear topping works great. So I topped at least 1 of all strains. We will see.

So I am going to give a big dose of lifta this weekend and let them dry out some.

I also learned today that these autos are non-feminized. My fault for assuming and not asking. So my learning curve continues!!

Thanks for stopping by.

15 Likes

I highly doubt those leaves will go green again but its really not a big deal as it look like you corrected it already. Lookin :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

I have done those same actions if not exactly dang close brother. Keep your light and head up. It always could of been worse and it always gets better. If your not wrong u can’t be right.

5 Likes

@Joker heres my fool-proof method for growing healthy veg plants…
buy a bag of quality worm castings. beware of castings mixed w/soilless mix. buy only 100% worm castings. (I use ProMix soilless mix)
Add to mix at 30% to start. If they light feeders they might not dig it at first, but 30% has been safe for me. All I do is add water, no nutes. I Add an organic ammendment for each of your N-P-K. For instance, worm castings for N, guano for P and blood/bone meals for K and just feed when it looks like they gettn hungry or start to fade. Usually when they start to fade, its time to transplant, and repeat.
Go lighter on castings and use more guanos when going into flower. If it looks like they need some N, soak some castings in water overnight with bubbler if possible, and molasses. Bubble upto 24 hrs and feed. Its fairly simple and hands-off.
Good luck.

11 Likes

@Silverhaze. Perfect timing. I am working on a worm bin right now!!

7 Likes

on Craigslist in Troy a guy is selling a gallon of starter worms for $25.00

4 Likes

That’s super cheap!!

3 Likes

I killed 3 autos in one go ):

5 Likes

Well I know I’m coming in late to this party but I’ve still gotta say this right here is what every new grower should hear and take to heart. Don’t let those early setbacks get you down, nobody becomes an experienced grower without completely shitting the bed a few times along the way! I know i sure did! :laughing:

13 Likes

Gotta bump this quote as well! Failure IS the teacher, so much the better when we can learn from each others. Proper.

12 Likes

Day 30

Plants are looking better. I am getting a better idea of how much water each one wants.

I have 3 confirmed females, hoping the rest show this week so I can start culling the tent.

Turned the light up to 400w 4 days ago and so far they are doing good.
I realize now that by topping some and having different size pots canopy management is going to be a little crazy.

I bought some mosquito dunks.
Do I just crush them up and sprinkle on top of the coco to get rid of fungus gnats?

Thanks for stopping by!

17 Likes

Looking good joker in some of those first pics I would of simply stated that it needs up potted more than likely it was running out of what it needed things looking mucho better u look to be on the right track!

4 Likes

That’s what works for my coco in fabric.
I used big scissors to cut and chop them into bits and dust. Then sprinkle good amount edge to edge. Top feed evenly to get max distribution of bacteria.

5 Likes

My weapon of choice for mosquito dunks:

a stainless steel rasp

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw!! Know I have some old ones in the toolbox!!

6 Likes

Day 32

Hope someone can help. Is this a case of nitrogen deficiency?

All the other plants in the tent seem to be doing pretty well.

Still waiting on them to show sex so I can cull the tent.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 Likes