Joker’s misadventures

Hey man. That’s weird. Are you using quality coco as has been said. If not it def needs to be rinsed then precharged before use. Also. Did u measure your runoff ph? I’ve never had that sort of issue before with coco. I ran it for years before I had my hiatus.

3 Likes

@Joker if ya get tired of running into coco issues get yerself come castings and a good soilless mix. Guano/blood/bone meals to help cover your NPK needs for a while.
Straight water. Needs next no nutes, dont get issues w/ promix BX. I just transplant into a larger container prolly every month or so… Its rare I have issues running this way.

8 Likes

Day 54

Time for an update!!

I now can confirm what @ReikoX told me weeks ago. Plant autos in their final pots to start. Every one that I have transplanted has struggled compared to the others. So because of this fact, I find myself in a solo solo-cup challenge!!

Rather than upsetting her by transplanting, I’m going to see how far I can make it in a solo-cup.

With plants in multiple size pots and bags, I’m trying to even the canopy with stuff I have laying around the house.

Still riding this roller coaster of a learning curve! Overall, at least they are still growing and I am still learning!!

Thanks for stopping by and tagging along.

29 Likes

Anyone have any ideas on this fan leaf?

Thanks!

8 Likes

Looks like your slowly finding your way.I am an ole school grower.Used promix for the past 25 years.Had very few issues growing in it.After 30yrs of growing still learning and making mistakes not many but they happen.Its all part of learning and growing…I am awaiting Marks 4 auto strains to arrive,so i will follow your progress and let you know how mine go in promix.I will germ them and put them in 5 gal poly grow bags but will not top them as they are autos…Started 2 auto fem N.L in 5gal fabric bags,put a clear plastic jug over them as a dome to start,it was windy on my balcony so i pushed the jugs into the dirt,Later i went to remove the jugs.One was stuck in the promix and when i pulled it up came the dirt and seedling minus its taproot.Like i said 30yrs and mistakes still happen lol…Cheers to a successful grow and harvest.

9 Likes

You could just chew on it, or you could compost it.

Man, I enjoy the fact that you stay so upbeat, and you are adapting, improvising, and overcoming. It’s fun to watch. You will get it figured out.

6 Likes

@Badger. Lol, the leaf tips man!!

5 Likes

Well considering its lush and green and looks healthy,just seems like a mutated leaf unless all the leaves on the plant are doing it.

Was reading about cropping and trimming,and liked the idea of juicing the fan leaves,gonna try juicing them with blueberries and raspberries,yogurt and some cream and ice.

8 Likes

Hey @Joker when you figure it out with the leaf let me know… I had some like that on one of my last plants. So far this run I haven’t ran into the issue. Not sure what happened but didn’t affect the plant it happen to much at least in my case.

4 Likes

Thanks @joecool. Didn’t know if it was just a mutation or another deficiency!!

7 Likes

Weird stuff happens with leaves sometimes. How is the new growth coming in? I wouldn’t get too worried about it

5 Likes

Looks like wind damage, from leaves rubbing together. Might want to check your fan. They are pretty full plants, lookin pretty good though. You’ve been gettin some solid advice along the way. I’ll be keepin an eye on this.

Edit: @joecool

9 Likes

@Undead-Toker. Thanks for that. This plant is closest to my tower fan and definitely gets hit with wind!!

9 Likes

Day 58

Slowly working on my canopy height. I knew this would be a challenge. Next grow, everything will be transplanted at the same time to the same size pot!!

The solo cup was inserted into a coffee creamer hempy pot!! I use anything laying around. So we will see how that works out.

Thanks for stopping by and tagging along!

23 Likes

You’re coming along buddy. Looking better all the time, and I look forward to you trying new things. That’s a pretty light you got there. That must be the one you told me about.

7 Likes

Big ole stem. How often do you work it?

5 Likes

Like a hooker on Colfax Avenue! Lol PGT made me do it!

6 Likes

I would have to look at my notes. Just kinda did it.

6 Likes

Damn!! That’s a lot of work!! And she likes it rough!!

6 Likes

In that would be page # 39 paragraph 3 5th sentence!

6 Likes