Juicy Woo and others

back to the theme, this is chocolate funk(chocthai hybrid x toms haze)

grown by my friend bandit

23 Likes

I am smoking some 6 month in the fridge locally sourced south thai. It is different after the freeze, not saying its by any means an optimal way of curing but it actually made this already good weed better.

I also noticed that a few of the seasons fresh harvested plants were changed more into the earthy, woody, mineral kind of organic flavor I always associated those types of thais with though they were both citrus/mango/herbal as fresh harvest.

Was it you that posted the other day, here or elsewhere, a Hill quote where he said the chocolate is in the curing? Been having the same revalation here this past time and just interesting that quote came up…

I am getting all long winded, smoked some just now, its really nice, calm but crisp, a new world yet familiar hehe.

Chocolate thai x Tom Hill Haze sounds just like you and damn delicious @MAHAKALA

All the best

13 Likes

yes your description fits for thai. lemony woody, or mango herbal and then this fruit element cures out. I would not say toms haze is lemony, it is citric for sure. I get chocolate smells from it. I got chocolate smell from curing titans haze like year or so… piney chocolate.

so yeah Tom Hill is right in it, I have never had authentic chocolate thai from mid 80s… never. so I cant comment on it. he says oxidation is causing it. some say even fermentation, higher temps when it was transported.

on the other hand we had few chocolate thai hybrids, supposed to be chocolate, like this one I used. chocolope for example, chocolate trip, chocolate thai x skunk from tfd, or cocoa kush from DJ Short, where you can find plants which are earthy chocolate right from the start… earthy bitter cocoa beans. all of these I mentioned are very similar in that smell. so I dont know if it is caused by hybridization? that it is chocolate right after curing, or there is really chocolate thai pure sativa which is chocolate from start.

cheers.

10 Likes

and I chopped toms x black vietnamese and it was a lot of it, and normally I put buds to glass jars, but ti had so big and long colas, that I just put it all in the bags, it was the easiest and didnt put it into fridge. and curing in bag also makes difference, when it is sweating there in bigger amount together. it is like made it for big bags LOL

11 Likes

I have had some once that maybe had a bit of raw cacao thing to it and it looked like crushed raw cacao almost. Really nice. Usually though I think i have encountered this “chocolate” due to a curing process, like you say fermentation process… either way smoking one more and it has a sort of lethery aspect to it but its mostly the burning of it I think… puff puff pass canna bro

20230107_173507

9 Likes

hey stockton bro, and what about drying. I heard that in some parts of tropics, it is very hard to dry bud, so they dry them above fire from wood, or from gas? it can affect it too, right?

4 Likes

Drying anything here is a pain but with good wind cloths are almost dry but weed is hard thing. I have tried a few different things but mostly shade and good wind and of course time. Indoors with AC is doable but it stinks and has to run AC all the time.

I have seen brilliant weed go bad in two days in a drawer wrapped in plastic.

I imagine some also sundry and I have had some and its not totally crap as people think but not to be preferred for long periods. Shade and wind and time if organic.

5 Likes

Never seen the one you describe but I only describe my own experience. It might be done. I have had an experience with quick heat “cure” that was somewhat successfull.

3 Likes

The choc thai hybirds i have ran ,(mainly dj’s) dont need anything special with the cure to taste the cocoa flavor.

2 Likes

I got chocolate pheno in juicy, but with burgundy smell and some metallic spicy from Mr. Shine, shorter flowerin pheno.

Dj Short work, as far as flavor goes, is top. but from what I smoked cocoa kush, duration was shorter unfortunately. not like FLO crosses, FLO gives quite long lasting effect. I am sure there is some strictly chocolate pheno of FLO? am I right?

diesel x f13 I selected chocolate pheno, she is also fuely though.

4 Likes

there many ways how to cure, dry, wet, hot or cold… and anything between, I prefer cold and dry, but for south asian genetics is much better to use wet with higher temps it seems. dont like hot curing aka fermentation.

maybe @TomHill can give us some tips, how he thinks it is the best to cure his line? thanks.

6 Likes

I found two jars of toms haze grown at 2020… so two years + curing, it dig some jars underground, put it in barrel and dig under ground, so it is wet and colder curing, it really changed the color from lime green to yellow brown… I will put it out of jar for a while, and I let you know if it is chocolate tasting guys.

9 Likes

Yes there the choc thai side. Part of my feminized work on the 91 flo is going to be separaing out the highland oxacan gold vs choc thai.

3 Likes

yeah good luck, I am sure it will be successful, I am happy with this choc thai hybrid I have. it is cut only unfortunately. but it is advantage for me in making haze hybrids is that it is long lasting like 4 hours, so doesnt take duration of haze effect down.

HAWAIIAN GAS

23 Likes

about that nevilles haze is only true haze… I have to stop at this for a while.

well I thought it myself. I got that impression it from reading forums, then I grew golden tiger first release, and toms haze… and I found it to be great and even more fun than NH.

my friend Bohemp he grew bunch of NHs and together with old timer haze. and hehhe he was like this nevils fans. only NH, it is holy grail of haze. he selected one of the best NH I have ever had, but what was the most funny, he had to admit that old timer haze is different level. simply he is pure sativa lover, and NH is not pure, even you select 17 weeker, it seems it should be like pure sativa, but it is not… yet it is still good, those 13 weekers of NH are very boring to us though…

the biggest difference, we found is the ceilling of high, you smoke joint of NH and gets nicely high, after some hours left, you smoke another, and you will not get higher, but just more wasted.

pure sativa works differently, you smoke joint of it, you get crazy high so elevating you think it could stop but no it shoots you on orbital, you smoke another, you get even higher! thats it… different quality.

when I am making these hybrids. I see why northern lights were used, primarily for easier growing indoors. as original haze is not friendly indoors. it definitely belongs under the sun, like most sativas…

if you would think NL5haze is so good, I grow it, and dont mess with this my hybrids… I have easy access to cuts of it… selecting parents, testing it almost two years I made first seeds with my male and still some are not tested yet properly, it takes so much time and energy. but still pays off as it is better smoke than any afghan haze. afghan takes tropical quality down, ceilling, duration and complexity, all gets down by afghan.

I dont think afghans are some evil, I like hash from afghans. I can smoke chemdog D if I need. but it doesn’t have tropical quality. yeah of course as afghans or indica hashplants are subtropical cultivars.

cheers.

10 Likes

but growing pure sativa is the pain in the ass, if you are not growing under tropical belt… and thats why I need hybrids, but properly done.

I see that when I use mexican on toms haze, I will not get that thai high you know… I have to use some thai hybrid and then it works at some phenos, not at all phenos of course.

5 Likes

That was kinda of left-hand poke at Hempy the Nevilles Haze Pontificate…
Seriously they did what they could to tame an equatorial sativa to both indoors & finish in their shorter season outdoors . IMHO there’s just no way a cross with a BLD is gonna give the same buzz…aint possible . I’m with you there .

5 Likes

yeah I get it. is not only hempy. but yeah he is king of trolls…

now it will be hard… this is mindblower, shown in this thread already.

it is hawaiin pakithai cut x toms haze.

hawaiian pakithai cut, is only one commercial plant which smoke like thai. I mean not like thai :smiley: not so clear and it has devastating crash and kind of burn out after 3 hours or so… but before it smokes similar to thai characteristics. intense rushy and trippy… and it looks like sour diesel. but much much more sativa high. it is loud like sour diesel or more. but still with thai-like high until the peak. zero kush. but like I said duration is shorter compared to real thai, and high is not so clear and cerebral. but! toms haze changes it… takes burnout away and prolong the high, and makes it more clear, so again we are close to thaihaze high… it is more of luck than my skills really… I didnt select mother, I got it… huge RESPECT to unknown guys from Hawaii and Washington state who bred it towards thai-like high… RESPECT.

I get that sativa lovers don’t believe this mindblower smokes like good thaihaze, when they look at these buds… only guys who smoked it, believe it. what can I do? nothing. just post these pics from bandit.

22 Likes

haw gas

21 Likes

More great stuff Maha! :slight_smile:

So did they ban you again on IC? What the fuck is the problem? Sure, you might have strong opinions, but so what? I just don’t get it…you’re obviously a talented grower with deep knowledge and passion, so folks need to lighten up. :smiley:

8 Likes