Jungle Love - Testing Durban crosses from LEDSeedz

Durban x SFV went 12/12 to show sex.

3 Likes

Dont know if its just the coloring of the picture…but looks like you got pythium trying to set up on the bottoms of your root balls…if it was me I would have massaged them roots gently to loosen them up and then gave them a good dunk in H2O2 before washing them off and re-potting into coco…could be nothing, but just wanted to chime in with what i think i see…they should take off now with a bit more leg room.

2 Likes

My seeds arrived in Costa Rica today, going thru customs and the BS, i expect that by Monday or Tuesday, they will be in hands and popping away!

@LED_Seedz —> I have until Dec 15th and then i am leaving the country for a while. Won’t be able to tend to them after that date, so i need them to be in curing by then. Is that something feasible?

Thanks

Sci :robot:

2 Likes

Easily done, but again don’t feel like you have to.

3 Likes

OFC i have to bro, i made a commitment and WILL fulfill it, my word is my bond.

A man without word is Belial.

Thanks for your quick response.

6 Likes

3 durple daddy’s get topdressed with bud and bloom and covered with hulls and introduced to a 12 hour dark cycle tonight… pics when finished… one will hold back til I’m for sure it will get better…

5 Likes

No pics from me this update but of 17 flipped I have 9 females, 7 males and one who is unsure but looking male to me. I am using Aug. 1st as my day one of flowering.

I also flipped the 4 Slayer x Durbans today.

4 Likes

It is super easy to count that way! I do the same, whenever i can.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay. These were transplanted today they were definitely hungry so they got some liquid organic fertilizer after they were put into their new homes. They are starting to grow faster under the led. Anyway, without further delay here are the pics.

8 Likes

someone’s stepping up
update August 2nd, 2018
I will count tomorrow as day one of flower…on inspection i have 4 of 4 would be girls, 3 are certain with their shape, the sad “Letter B” is the wishy washy one, but after Epsom salts and calmag waterings shes coming back.

I’ve also decided that any pruning that needs done will now be done when bringing plants to flower and once more at 2 weeks in, then left alone…

so first off is of course
Numbero Uno
still on the runt side, but chugging along, also pulled down

Letter B
the next candelabra plant to grace the tent…topped and trimmed only 8 secondaries left on it to become a fine menorah.

Article C
still the bushiest of the 4, shoots everywhere… thatll do pig…

Fantastic 4
all around the best plant growth and aesthetical… thick stalk, great spacing, great overall look… large fan leaves removed from the top and pulled down

getting the bluemats soaked now and watering by hand shall be a thing of the past for me in the next couple days…
overall, so far, this grow is off to an amazing start and I’m looking to fill this canopy out and see what these Durple Daddys can do!!

look out growing world… Toast is putting his foot in the door!

8 Likes

The SFV OG x Durbans all were flipped about 48 hours ago. I was able to top them today.

These plants are easy to work with and seem a little bit dummy proof. Good thing.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Probably this bro. Everything smelled normal, and they’ve already doing much better with only one flood cycle since transplant. Thanks though, Adding that information to my notes so I will know what to do if something like that happens.

Everyone else:

So far, 4/6 confirmed females. Is it bad i’m hoping the last two are males so I have more space?

haha, Jelly out.

8 Likes

Current state of my Durban testers.

15 Likes

Greetings everyone! Won’t be updating for a week, as next week they will be flipped and i’ll post a pic or two so we can see where they are.

Hard Data:

Current Lighting: 24/7
Current total wattage: 373w

Seeds were direct sown into rapid rooter plugs on 6/27/2018 at approx 3:45PM CST.

Current age: 32 Days
Notes: These will be given a week to settle in, and then flower begins.
Current Flood schedule: Every 24 hours, for 30 minutes.
Notes:

Space Temp and RH: 77F/25C and 42%
Res EC and PPM: 2.2/1100ppm
Res Temp: 64F/18C
PH: 5.7

Observations/Notes:
I did some trimming to obtain 4 main branches only, open up airflow under the plants as my setup does not allow much stretching during veg. Cleaned up most leaves with bad necrosis so that I don’t promote any mold. You can also see below that i’ve added a 120mm pc fan for some added airflow down low. I’m at 4/6 confirmed females, the last two are refusing to show me their naughty bits. I had a rough start, but things are coming around.

Money Shot(s):

9 Likes

OMG my seeds will be at the counter tomorrow morning, so they are being popped, instantly!

Cheese/Durban here i come!

Will be running two 4x4 tents, one with COBS and the other will have Viparspectras, 2 of them @ 350W each.

6 Likes

All plants topped 8-5

Of the Slayer/Durbans I have 3 females one male. Cuts taken of all and topped for shaping. Leaving 5 nodes for now on every plant and we’ll take more from the bottom if needed later.

Also the one I was speaking of the other day I thought was male is. He is a GDP/Durban and I am saving him as well as he caught my eye early.

Final females in flower for testing

3 SFV FLIP DATE 8-1
1 Boysenberry FLIP DATE 8-1
1 Cheese flavored FLIP DATE 8-1
3 Slayer FLIP DATE 8-5
1 GDP FLIP DATE 8-1
2 Cherry flavored FLIP DATE 8-1

EDIT: 8/8/18 1 of the 2 GDP’s I thought was female is male.

10 Likes

Update August 5, 2018
Two days into 12/12 cycle, first true pistils thrown will count as day 1F.

All the ladies hook up with bluemat drippers tonight. drops ranging between 25 and 45seconds on each when left alone for a bit.

next couple days will be watching and making sure everything runs smoothly and stays hydrated to capacity… rigging is a touch janky right now but I’m working on making it more low profile and not as in the way

12 Likes

Good looking grow dude. Progress well made

2 Likes

Nice pics, but pretty sure these are the Exotic city line.
:wink:

Heat must be effecting the grower as well.
lol

3 Likes