Jungle Love - Testing Durban crosses from LEDSeedz

BTW That issue should be gone in 72 hours after it is watered in. I would stay with that on all the plants until about 3 weeks of flowering which is when you need the mag the most.

We are 160 posts in now so it would take me a minute. Did you say you are using Megacrop?

6 Likes

All of my testers [outside of the Slayer x Durban] were set in the flower room and will be flipped in the AM. They will sit under a spydrx plus and will be dated upon sexing. I will be topping them as the show sex.

15 Likes

Playing Catch Up…

9 Likes

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. It has been a crazy week. Car wrecks, overtime, and other unforseen events have had me busy and not able to get to the grow. Sadly I’m down to four. They’re all happy but one has a mutation where at the second node the main shoot stopped growing and it inky out single leaflets. Apparently there is branching at the first node so hopefully its turn into a nice bush.

I promise by Sunday I’ll have an amazing pdate with pics. I apologize @LED_Seedz I know I havent been keeping it ng up to your r requests.

2 Likes

hows the lights, thats a sign of it trying to reveg?

1 Like

yes I did, with 5ml calmag+ per gallon but I’m looking into changing just to see a difference

A one part mix is alright, but I’d like to give something else a try for a run or two and see if I like it.

I know alot are using it but maybe it’s not the way to go for me anymore… any suggestions on a nute line?

1 Like

The Weekender Update

I numbered these right after I dropped the seeds in the soil. They sprouted in another order :thinking:

So for now the letters represent the order in which they sprouted. Once they are all sorted, I’ll clean that mess up a bit.

4 Likes

I’m not as happy as I was with GH, since your pretty locked into the nute profile. My biggest issues are how it wrecks my rez, pumps…heck my whole system gets filthy and its a major PIA to clean up every 2 weeks. It seems the particulate will not fully stay in solution and it leaves a “greasy” film on everything…The time I save not doing chemistry is wasted by the time it takes to clean / and the wear it puts on all the components of my system. I also just dont have the flexibility of a custom nute profile and being able to move the pieces around on the board, so I will use up what I have and then get back to GH…it has been a good experiment and i feel confident i can tell a newb to grab this nute and go with it till they learn how and what the plants needs are…sorry PJ for the thread jack.

3 Likes

in a sense though @Kraven it wasn’t a thread Jack based on I asked for recommendation on a diff nute line and I will look into them

but i will start a new thread for my questions on aspiring nute lines for myself as to not derail any further… but… pics when I get home of the Durple Daddies…
they are looking good and two star5ing to show signs of sexing at 27 days…

a little taste of last night’s thousand pictures to get 1 good one

7 Likes

Okie dokie!! Update July 28, 2018
did some light bondage work on two of the Durples left the others to their devices.

removed top 4 fan leaves from each plant to give light to the top sets of shoots more light early to promote growth

Front shot - Dont mind the autos in the middle

Numbero Uno - starting to recover from the mag issue and only droopy cuz it drinks more than the rest… fed just before pictures

Letter B -Tied the top to the base of the stalk and pulled it down. 1/2 showing start of preflowers

Article C -Also tied to itself… by far the growth of secondaries are best on this one, also 2/2 to show preflower signs and if I’m not mistaken, I see a pistil

Fantastic 4 - by far the beefiest of the four plants at 11" it has a stronger, thicker stalk and bigger leaves but slower growing secondaries.

theyve been started today on 4.8g per gallon of megacrop + calmag at 4ml per gallon…

in a couple weeks I’ll be down 5 plants in the flower tent with only 1 other plant mid flower left so they will be moved to flower then and not before… gonna let these get big!

6 Likes

I believe there’s a whole lotta of truth to that statement!

4 Likes

ordered biolive and bud and bloom today… Wednesday delivery… and some rice hulls too

4 Likes

Now you just need some biology. Normally you would add it to the soil when you mix it and let it set and compost for a couple weeks, but seeing as how you’ll be using it on active plants I’d topdress at 1-2 tbsp per gallon of soil then cover the whole thing in compost. The biology in the compost will move to the rest of the container. Depending on how much residual salt there is in the soil, you should start to see a change in a 1-2 weeks. You can speed that up a little if you also water with worm extract, but don’t go too heavy with amendments at one time or it will heat up your soil and kill your plants. Best would be to add 1 tbsp per gallon once a week for the first 2-3 weeks or until the very tips start to burn then just use water. The only reason I say go until the tips burn ever do slightly is cause that is a good determiner your soil is at its max capacity so to speak. Those two mixes don’t have guano’s in them so you shouldn’t see massive nutrient burn like you would using to much guano or Chem ferts

3 Likes

Durban x SFV I hate to post pics really. My veg is super packed and backing up at that. Having to trim plants to keep up.
Pics are not really going to show true since many have been hacked up. Haven’t trimmed these yet but you can tell they are overcrowded by the way they are growing.
I only found four, there is two more in veg somewhere.

7 Likes

Was getting a little tight in the root zone.

14 Likes

two Day growth

10 Likes

How’s that mag issue looking up close?

5 Likes

Other than the few leaves that were first affected, it’s working itself away… definatly looks like a happier plant now

10 Likes

I was too excited about the new lighting and moved ahead.

Into 12/ 12 they go. I’ll top these once I can safely reach in under the hood.

6 San Fernando Valley OG x Durban, 2 Delirious & 2 Cheri Almondine clones. The light is dimmed to 60% of full power. I’ll try to get it up to 80% by the end of the week and see if they can handle, or need, any more than that.

10 Likes

Mobile update:

Battling some issues, but things are going to be looking up real soon.

Changed res Sunday, only mixed 5gallons of soup this time at 5g megacrap per gallon, added 1/2tsp epsom salt per gallon as well.

This is only one flood cycle in and it already is looking much better than 6 days ago.

Acquired 1 gallon nursery pots, will transplant them on Wednesday night when I get home and also switching some other things up, but I can expect to see big improvements soon.

12 Likes