Jungle Love - Testing Durban crosses from LEDSeedz

They got hungry a lot sooner than I expected, so I have begun to feed them and try to steer the pH into the right zone. Started just a little higher than they like it seems. These are on their 4th node with almost no stretch at all.

No 007 gets the benefit of early feeding. Should catch right up.

6 Likes

Why don’t you sit them up on stands or a tote so they get stronger light?

3 Likes

These are 6 inches from a new Ray 44. Doubt I can beat this. These will perk up quickly now that they have enough food. I believe when they are moved to the new containers, they will rock the house.

Actually going to lift the light a little to encourage a bit of stretch too.

3 Likes

That comment was for @toastyjakes lol. Since he commented they were leggy.

4 Likes

because they are in the veg tent with the light like 12" above them anyway lol

2 Likes

My mind reading is off line, :laughing:

2 Likes

Here’s what I do with my seedlings.
When I plant them, I plant deep in the pot, leaving space above to fill in with soil later, so as I get a little stretch, I just add soil to the top.

7 Likes

Update Friday, June 13, 2018
despite being a superstitious day for some I have some updates… all 3 - 4.5" tall and working on nodes 4 and 5 respectivly right now… Let’s take a look!!

9 Likes

At 14 days old and ready to be transplanted in to one gallon pots. Good vigor being shown in all hybrids.

11 Likes

I have to find all my fabrics for transplanting today…
some will be in 5s and some 3s… most of them are tied up in other plants…

3 Likes

Got off to a rough start with lighting issues but we are moving ahead. Probably lost a week on the schedule. These will be re-potted at the end of next week unless they really bolt ahead.

11 Likes

Darn! Mine sprouts are like 10 days old and they don’t look like that. Is it cuz they are outside plants? I’m barely getting the 3rd leaves

2 Likes

The first sets of leaves took some damage, but the new sets are still showing healthy. :relieved:

10 Likes

Everything transplanted this am in to one gallon pots at 16 days of life. Most are at 4 to 6 nodes and looking to be topped by weeks end.

The Boysenberry cross looks to have the most vigor while the Slayer cross is outshining all in the smell category and it’s not even close right now on either count. All have very good structure so far and outside of the one Boysenberry I expect to be male nothing is showing to be “leggy” at all with good lighting and proper feeding.

11 Likes

Again sorry for the lack of flair, I know they are hungry I just can’t change the res at the moment, maybe tomorrow I’ll sneak a res change in. With the heat lately I’ve had to go back to twice a day waterings.

9 Likes

Just another quick blurb,

I planted 9 Seeds. 6 were undamaged, 3 were damaged by the postal system.

If we don’t count the damaged ones… 6/6 100% germ rate.

If we count the one damaged one that germed in the equation but died due to overwatering (user error) its 85%

I don’t think we should count the damaged ones I planted so I’m calling it 100%

Jelly

7 Likes

Update July 16th 2018
Durple Daddys
little bit of measurement today…

let’s see!!

couple under shots

transplant in the morning… too tired from pigs all day

6 Likes

Hello! I have some alone time so I can finally make a real update! It feels like it’s been months but I know it’s only been a week or so since a proper update. I knew I needed to change my res and bump the food as stated in a previous quick update, but here’s my usual flair in a post.

Hard Data:

Current Lighting: 24/7
Current total wattage: 373w

Seeds were direct sown into rapid rooter plugs on 6/27/2018 at approx 3:45PM CST.

Current germination status: 6/6
Current age: 14 Days (I did not start counting age until I had min required plant count above “ground”)
Notes: Adjusted totals to reflect on the “good” seeds that I planted. I killed one damaged one from what I can only assume was too much watering. That being said…
Current Flood schedule: Every 12 hours, for 5 minutes.
Notes: Flood schedule had to go back to twice a day (Once every 12 hours) because of the ungodly heat i’ve been having in my lo-cal. The res stays the coolest, never hitting above 70F and usually sitting around 66F.
Space Temp and RH: 81F/27C and 40%
Nutes and Amount Used: 10 gallons, Megacrop, 5/g per gallon.
Res EC and PPM: 1.9/950ppm
Res Temp: 68F/20C
PH: 5.7
Notes: I switched to GH PH Down (it’s orange?) because it was on sale at the hydro store when I acquired some new gear. Just making note so I can remember which grow I started using it.

Observations/Notes:
Obviously HANGY and they are old enough it’s time to give them what they want. Only the lowest/oldest growth is affected so I’m sure they will spring out of it no problem. I will be topping each and every single one of these on day 21.

Money Shot(s):
Only one shot, since there isn’t much going on. Action shot of a flood because I wanted to give them food NOW.

8 Likes

They already look better fosho.

They gettin the jelly touch!

3 Likes

I was at the tent last night but sadly my phone was dead so no pics… Anyways I received tried germing 12 seeds. 5 of which were cracked/crushed in shipping… Of those I had 7 germ and were put into soil. Within 3 days all were above soil. One dampened off and fell over but I’m sure that was my wrong doing and not the genes so I’d give these my 100% germ rate not counting the damaged seed.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes