Jungle Love - Testing Durban crosses from LEDSeedz

Day 18

15 Likes

Final Homes, All Up Hill from Here
Day 15

Edit Wed July 18th: before lights out, they all got preemptive neem spray and watered… help keep gnats and other little pests at bay

14 Likes

What LED’s are you using in this photo? Just curious.

5 Likes

They were custom built by me in 2012 using a UFO body that is still available today. Been running them 6 years without a single failure.

9 Likes

Day 20 and rolling…

14 Likes

Day 18

already loving their new home… getting some crazy growth speed the last 2 days…

tallest plant

smallest one

spacing shot (kinda blurry)

14 Likes

Really love the leaf profile on those Durban crosses the jagged leaf you can tell its from a real Durban you just don’t see that enough anymore I seen tons of so called Durban around and they just don’t have leaves like that. Takes you back to the old landrace leaf, old alligator Thai’s ,Africans ect really cool to see again, great work PJ…ndn

8 Likes

I’m gonna get you a lighter case that says “stoner measuring tool” lol

Edit: more test oriented, when you swing by my place remind me to give you some worm compost to topdress with. It’ll take care of any gnat issues you have.

6 Likes

Day 21
think they’re liking their new homes!
Numero uno

Letter B

Article C

Fantastic 4

Top Shot

Full Frontal

12 Likes

That happened to me too once. I usually try pulling it off now, although I screwed one up that way too. Both ways are risky, just gotta pick your poison to try to save it lol.

3 Likes

We lost a little time, but the plants look OK. New growth seems nearly trouble free. Very humid. :worried:

11 Likes

At day 24 today and starting to look a bit crowded.

The Cheese, and GDP hybrids were transplanted in to their final 2 gallon resting homes after this pic and were put in to the main veg room. These two will be flipped by weeks end.

8 Likes

Hey guys… I was on vacation for a few days a had someone looking in on the seedlings… I just got back last night so I haven’t been there yet but I was told one bent/broken over at the soil… I think he probably hit it with water or something but hopefully it’s alive when I get there today. Then I’ll do a proper update

3 Likes

quick question update
I’m having a coloration issue on one of the Durple Daddy’s… I’m not sure what it may be… maybe it’s just a little finicky… the others look great though…

the specific plant is “Numbero Uno”

notice the yellowing or lighter green if you will of the margins?

they’ve all been getting 4g/gal of megacrop am d were doing fine but this one has been looking iffy for a couple days and today it’s hella noticeable.
any clues, tips, or just straight advice? lol

6 Likes

Add a 1/2 tsp per gallon of Epsom salt and call it a day. It’s a mag issue.

7 Likes

They just advised me that my packages from Miami to CR are going to be delayed. Lucky me!

That they might take up to 6 weeks to arrive, because they made a mistake by signing with some shopping site that everyone uses in CR, it’s called “Wish.com” and all packages will come thru my private courier in Miami.

I have no idea when i will be able to sprout the seeds, being i won’t even have them prolly till the end of next month! Being optimist.

They announced that they are going to stop working with this company, but all the packages they got already will back them a minute!

Lucky me i say!

Sci :robot:

3 Likes

thanky thanky sir… they’re doing so good this run that i don’t wanna lose them so soon haha

I have 2 showing starts of pre preflowers lol but I’m letting them hit 10 nodes (only 3 more nodes to go) before topping to 7, cloning tops, then putting into flower… no early calls this time… I’ll be damn sure haha

5 Likes

Ok, if i get these seeds before Friday August 3rd, they are getting popped!

I have a time frame because of a big trip in December, so i have to have everything cured packed and ready before leaving, first week of Dec i won’t exist for a while.

Anyway, @LED_Seedz I paid a lot of money extra to have this seeds delivered to me bro! Super fast.

Let’s see how that works… But knowing your gear, i won’t have trouble catching up.

Sci :robot:

4 Likes

Update time ya’ll. First I wanna state that I absolutely hate breaking in new coco. It’s probably just me, but I have issues that don’t clear up until well into a cycle with fresh coco.

Hard Data:

Current Lighting: 24/7
Current total wattage: 373w
Seeds were direct sown into rapid rooter plugs on 6/27/2018 at approx 3:45PM CST.
Current age: 23 Days in veg.
Notes:
Current Flood schedule: Every 12 hours, for 5 minutes.
Space Temp and RH: 79F/26C and 40%
Nutes and Amount Used: 10 gallons, Megacrop, 50g.
Res EC and PPM: 1.9EC 950ppm
Res Temp: 66F/18.9C
PH: 5.7

Observations/Notes: None but what’s in the post.

Money Shot(s):
Anyways, I’m getting ready for the flip, the Cherry OG x Pure Durbans are starting to mature, but nothing even close to being where I can suggest sexes yet.

Here they are before topping. Everything had at least 4 nodes (5-7 on all but two)

I topped everything above the 4th node except for one, the front row middle plant already had a little defect that caused it to automatically form two main branches. Only thing I did to that one was cut the center fan leaf that was where the dominant shoot should have been.

One plant also (i believe its the front left most plant) only had 4 total nodes so I just cut it above 3 nodes.

Soon as the plants start to show sexual maturity they will be flipped to flower.

Edit: Checked the res PH this morning on a whim… 6.2 so I mixed in enough PH down to bring it back down to 5.6
If the res does not stay stable, this (flood and drain) is going to suck. The res swung to 6.2 from 5.7 over 9 days so I don’t consider that too bad tbh but I’ll be keeping a closer eye on things from now on.

8 Likes

I have found that used and washed coco grows much better from turn to turn, new is not the greatest environment for a minute even when well washed from time to time. Also adding in myco’s at up pot / flip seems to help them transition much easier and not look quite so shocky…but still happens from time to time here too when i have unwashed / broken in coco. :peace:

5 Likes