Just Say No To "Partners"

Partners ruin friendships. A wise man once told me never work for friends or family. Donate you’re time to them if anything never get paid. Partners turn good people into animals over this plant. Lies deception manipulation happen. I found out the hard way it is best to just gut is out and do it all yourself. When someone comes up to you “hey buddy hey buddy” Beware.
I am SURE there are many here who agree from hard lessons learned.

Just keep trucking and don’t talk to them again no matter what and do not “get even” because as Art of War says when on a path of vengeance, first dig two holes.

31 Likes

I read somewhere that when you add up the percentage of work that everybody believes they do in a group it’s always more than 100%

20 Likes

Wise advice. I hope your wounds aren’t too bad from your bad experience(s)!

8 Likes

You right dude. My only real life canna-buddies…no money ever changes hand. Bud, plants, seeds, equipment exchanged but never cash. If someone online has something of value, of course I’ll pay for something I want. I’m a zero tolerance to bullshit kind of guy and I think your words do indeed ring true.

10 Likes

Yep. Keep it small enough to do it all yourself and you’ll never have anyone else to blame. Division of labor, money, time…arrangement is inherently unstable especially if you mix in a criminal element and untaxed cash.

Even legal white market written contract partnerships crumble easily…throw in a couple crusty hustlers and illegal cash…sad fact but stoners as a group don’t work as hard and are less trustworthy than the general population. Is what it is. Don’t trust folks, people are trustworthy until they aren’t and prison is full of guys who thought their buddy would stand tall.

14 Likes

My partner is my brother. He doesn’t smoke flower, but he grows it damn good. And loves doing it, he gives all of it to me. Doesn’t care for it. But he is one special bro.

19 Likes

Just have to have set amounts set. Partners make great veg space…

5 Likes

Excellent point for sure.

You should have posted this a year and a half ago though… People can get really stupid around this plant.

It is true that nice guys finish last. If this is how they treat the honest ones, I can understand why the sketch crowd is what is left.

Good point sir.

8 Likes

Can your brother be my brother to please? :pleading_face:

6 Likes

He’s a good brother, helping me out. I just gave him the equipment, and let his greenthumb do the rest.

6 Likes

I think his brother is like the Tyler Durden character (Brad Pitt) in Fight Club :laughing:

lol…just kidding, @Pawsfodocaws, but I pictured that premise yesterday when I read your posts. I thought it was funny. Maybe not :smirk:

4 Likes

Partnership isn’t the problem.

You just got on the wrong ship.

7 Likes

Greed will eventually turn even the most humble of people.
Not only should you not have a partner but even in places it’s legal it’s still best to keep your mouth shut and mind your own business
Good weed attracts as many negative people as good ones always be weary

6 Likes

I don’t have a partner, but I have a local grow buddy and we share cuts/seeds and trade buds.

5 Likes

Love that movie awesome likeness hahhahaha

3 Likes

My mentor lives 2 blocks away. Handy af.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few people I’ve given clones and offer advice too. Only 1 has been in my grow.

2 Likes

That’s not true…you just have to pick the right person to be your partner…I have had a partner from the get go, over 24+ yrs. and we’ve had no problems at all…got to find an honest & trustworthy friend.

12 Likes

Yes, partnerships can turn out bad…but if the right minded people get together on a common goal partnerships can go far beyond what any one person can do

8 Likes

And from the looks of this thread, they are both taken!

7 Likes