Just wanted share something Im proud of

Its been a hectic few weeks with loosing my job, while searching I’ve been trying to teach myself a new skill, so I decided to start a YouTube channel. I was just doing a few shorts about plants and wanted to do something a few minutes longer. I found some Datura down our road and decided to make a little video about it. Just wanted to share with you guys and gals. This is my first week doing this so any constructive criticism is welcome.

I worked alot on the sound. Sounds dope in headphones.
Happy Growing Everyone

41 Likes

Congratulations dude. Sometimes all it takes is to make one video and before you know it you’re the next PewDiePie or something else like that. I wish you nothing but good things and I certainly hope that your YouTube career takes off and you can monetize it making more money than you ever would at the job that you lost. Good luck good luck good luck. Good luck. Good luck. Good luck.

10 Likes

Thank bud, I appreciate the kind words, I have an interview in the am. so things are looking up.

7 Likes

That is awesome news. I hope everything goes good for you man. Don’t sleep on that YouTube thing though. It can be pretty life-changing. Do what you love and love what you do.

1 Like

It was really good. Is that you, narrating?

1 Like

Congratulations, dude!

1 Like

thanks man but no I use a software to read my scripts. I’m scared of the being on camera or talking. Maybe someday, I made the script then built the sound around the script before I even filmed anything. I wanted the sound to stand alone and be able to imagine what was happening without imaging.

8 Likes

Ive been so stress free not working lately, Its amazing how your mind will heal its self when your doing something you love and to honest, Ive got quite a few month put back, but I need some cash coming in.

5 Likes

Lol, I was gonna say, if that was your actual voice, you were gonna be more famous than that hawk tua girl.
Either way, the video was very professional.

2 Likes

I hear you man. Stress fucking sucks. Sometimes you need a break from everything. I’ve been working on the books since I was 16 years old, I just took my first vacation I’ve ever taken in my entire life. Took off three days to drive to Montana and watch Pearl Jam. It was the ultimate mind opening experience not having to worry about work or people, or bullshit or anything. Sometimes you have to unplug to really Understand and appreciate everything. At least for me that’s what helped a lot. To be honest with you I didn’t want to come back to work. I wanted to be on vacation forever.

4 Likes

Its amazing what you can do now a days if you have a little tech knowledge. AI is changing the world. I don’t know if I like that, but it makes the stuff my brain cant do easy and lets me focus on the parts I enjoy.

lol yeah that girl blew up, I don’t want fame ever, just a community.

1 Like

Nice composition, and great sound for sure. One comment. The channel name is BATanical Bits, but the handle is @BOTanicalBits.

3 Likes

Its defiantly change my way of thinking. I’ve always been a top performer for every place i’ve worked, I try hard and treat it as if it was my business. But after this lay off Im going to put that effort into myself. Ill still work and do my best, but I wont kill myself for paper squares anymore.

3 Likes

Good catch, I didn’t even realize that. I must have fat finger it. All fixed.

and thank you. I need to sit down and actually learn about film a bit. I was literally just playing with the program and doing thing that felt right.

2 Likes

I’m very curious on the voice model you are using and/or software. Fellow programmer and AI researcher here.

2 Likes

This is a voice from https://elevenlabs.io/.

Honestly really reasonable price model. You can even clone your own voice with it and its crazy how accurate it is. You get 10000 words free I think, if you wanted to check em out, but its only like 5 bucks a month for 30000 words and has hundreds of voices to tweak, and have different inflection.

2 Likes

if you check out my shorts, they are different voices, and different video style.

Ah yes, I’ve heard them before. Sounds like Daniel to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just check its David

1 Like

Just chiming in - excellent job bro! I’ve worked on full-crew botanical productions w/lighting and sound crews, cameramen and all…very cool that it’s moved to where one inspired person can crank out something this good! Congrats! As said above…don’t sleep on this bro, you’ve got it!

:call_me_hand:

2 Likes