JustANobody's Neck Beard Basement Grow

That’s another way I have yet to try.

2 Likes

Up next, some Fruity Pebbles OG F4 from @JAWS. I’m really digging the structure of the the shorter bushier. Both are in 7 gal pots.

10 Likes

The plants getting seeded with Blue Moon Rocks pollen from @DougDawson are looking good. They won’t make a ton of seeds but they will get passed around. I have 2 FPOG, 1 Black widow and an MOB.

14 Likes

Nice, best of luck bud. Positive vibes for your success :v:

3 Likes

Cleaned up the other smaller plants. These are in 2.5 gal pots. MOB, Black Widow, FPOG F4#1.

Grabbed a bunch of snips through all of this.

The flower tent is looking really good after getting cleaned up.

Veg tent got watered, it’s looking good as well. I’ll probably top the Black Sour Bubble from @Tonygreen this weekend for the last time. Those plants are awesome.

12 Likes

Thanks man, much appreciated.

2 Likes

how long will they stay “fresh” refrigerated in the ziplock/cup of water? weeks? months?

do you have to change out the water in the ziplock like the water in the cup?

do you use any rooting gels or leave it be?

1 Like

I’ve gone 2 months.
Yes rooting gel. Initially and once I put it in the cloner

4 Likes

wow. 2 months. did they grow roots in the fridge?

thanks for fielding my machine gun questions. appreciate you.

1 Like

Nope no roots in the fridge. It’s like they go to sleep. It’s pretty awesome. Leaves stay green and everything.

3 Likes

@Til_Valhalla - Yes two months is about it, as @JustANobody mentioned, maybe a bit longer but not much. I do not change water in zip locks and do not use rooting hormones until I try to root em… Should open bag every once in awhile for air exchange and moisture check… I’ve forgotten about some and have still had pretty good strike rates

3 Likes

very cool. thanks for your responses guys. learning new stuff.

apologies for hijacking your thread. carry on.

2 Likes

Nah dude it’s all good! It’s a great way to accumulate cuts ahead of the outdoor season. Just wait until you see my fridge in dec/Jan. I give out about 100 cuts every spring

5 Likes

@JustANobody isn’t she just a breeze to grow? Only slight downfall is that if you do manage to make her upset is her metabolism slows way down, to about 1/4 of what it once was for a couple weeks. Really sucks cause as hard as it is to piss her off, she doesn’t give you any warning signs. She only let’s you know way after with curled/deformed leaves that display mosaic vareigation. You’re absolutely killing it. She smells like sweet blueberries right off the drying rack but give her a few months with a proper dry/cure and she’s to die for 🫐

1 Like

Yep. Same, and I had even more great pictures to see, plus a great tip about cloning to remember when we get our gardening skills to that point.
Awesome diary, @JustANobody ! Great work with the crosses, and generally taming that jungle of a veg tent. OGTBasement! :laughing: :rofl:
I’ll definitely be making this spot part of the rounds.
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

2 Likes

Hell ya, thanks for stopping by!

3 Likes

Dude she’s amazing. I haven’t pissed her off yet, which is surprising. She’s definitely sticking around for awhile. I’d like to cross her to our black widow, see if the resulting kids are easier to grow that the black widow and still help my wife’s migraines.

4 Likes

I missed this tip…what was it?! When cloning, I just do a big bed of moistened perlite in an ice cream pail with saran wrap cover…lol. Usually get 99%-100% success rate when done correctly.

4 Likes

Saving cuts in a fridge for rooting up to 2 months down the road. Neat trick and sure to come in handy!
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

4 Likes

You can keep snips in the fridge for a couple of months.

3 Likes