JustANobody's Neck Beard Basement Grow

I ran it for about a year. Aside from the metals, I didn’t like how you use the same nutrients with the same ratios in veg and flower. I felt like Jack’s goes overboard on N to get PK numbers up in flower. Towards the end I was adjusting the 321 ratio and considering using a different source of calcium to cut out as much N as possible. There’s a bunch of posts of me talking about it over at RIU.

Canna is the same with two parts all the way through, but everything seemed balanced and I never had any issues. I could also run it at a really high EC with frying my plants.

1 Like

Gross. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’m seething with rageeeeeeee because of that link. Guess I need to do nonorganic green crack now… See how you like that.

2 Likes

That was back in the good old trollitup days.

1 Like

Does BK grow still or were those old pictures? Any chance of him popping in over here?

I ran into the exact opposite with canna. I mean to each is own at the end if the day but the canna is just too easy to burn your plants id rather lean towards not as much nutes than overkill everytime. Ive havent had any issues with jacks so far but fingers crossed. I haven’t ran specific nutes that are sensitive to nitrogen but I know jacks sell a part a with no nitrogen just for that reason

1 Like

I’m shooting for 2.5 EC or higher.

2 Likes

@lusid not trying to argue just better understand any drawbacks lol

2 Likes

He hasn’t grown in over a year. I don’t see him getting on forums ever again. I’m sure a large swath of the members here hate RUI solely because of him. lol.

1 Like

Damn, he did run a nice room.
Lol he’s a good dude, just a silly goose sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah, totally. I didn’t care for Jack’s, but a lot of people swear by it.

2 Likes

Weird. Canna has been the only brand that I could run really hot. I was never able to get anywhere near 2ec with Jacks. NPK Raw fried my plants right off the bat, but I was still new to growing when I tried it. I stopped using canna only because I was getting paranoid having huge jugs of nutrients delivered every few months, and powdered salts was really alluring.

1 Like

That’s wild @lusid. My veg water is close to a 2.0 ec. I feed 1.6-1.8 ec in veg up to 2.0 ec during transplants for the extra bit of cal mag. In flower im at 2.4 ec. Been making 3.0 ec VEG water for the gary payton im growing now first time I’ve ever fed this high but she definitely needs the nutes not sure whay she will eant in flower! My buddy swears by floraflex tho. I’ve ran drip irrigation before it was a shit show flooded my tent and then it got put away and never got back out

4 Likes

I know a guy who’s a big Gary fan.

1 Like

There ya go! My very first time growing it. I’ve had a buddy grow it before and he asked high dollar for it and got it so im sure she’s got something worthwhile for me! The one I got is from my buddy Matty and it’s by powerzzup. She is a very heavy feeder. I’ll be running her with a bit lighter feeder SSH (Super Silver haze) she’s been wanting fed at a 2.4 ec in veg. I’m hoping we can find a middle ground where I find a sweet spot that they can both take up thats not too much or too little for either one

2 Likes

Thanks dude I appreciate it. I think this side project is going to be with your peanut butter dream. Start something small like 4 seeds and hope I don’t get all dudes lol

4 Likes

Just trimmed up the Fruity Pebbles OG F4 #2 (sowah pebbles) got a little over a 1/4 pound off a single plant that wasn’t ever healthy, I’ll take it. The one I tossed into flower a week ago is much healthier but smaller, curious how she responds. Either way she’s sticking around for sure.

8 Likes

Halle Berry must’ve heard me talking shit, only 1 out of 3 left in the cloner. The other threw roots.

7 Likes

Flower tent looking good. Blumats seem to not care about the power outage, this was my experience before as well. The keep Weighted Blanket is looking nice, definitely packing on size faster than the others.

20 Likes