Old Smuggler (x3) and Good Medicine

It’s crazy how odors come out after a long cure. I have some stuff I bagged up a year ago and I hated it. Now I still think it’s pretty weak, but it smokes good, somewhere after nine months it got denser and cheesy, out of being hempy before that. It’s so weird, but it’s also the oldest genetics I think I’ve grown. Still, I haven’t found one yet that tastes better fresh than in a few months, even if some strains peak there vs improving more.

5 Likes

Happy new year everybody. Hope the best for all of you in the coming months. As for me, new year, new seeds. Got lots of stuff in the queue but going off on a little tangent with some Kailash from Bodhi:

Graciously F2’ed by @HaRdRoC ive gotta search my messages to remember how these got to me, but thank you ahead of time to that kind soul :heart::v:t2::heart:

15 Likes

Chem D x Snow Lotus sounds killer! Good luck and good vibrations in the New Years!

5 Likes

Happy New Year to you and yours Legs! May 2023 be filled with bountiful harvests and happy moments! Best wishes!?:grin::v:

5 Likes

Thank you brother, the same to you and your family!

4 Likes

Yea man I’ve got high hopes, might even have to make some seed if I turn up a couple males outta the bunch seeing as this one is out of stock now, I’m hoping the D imparts some of the narcotic effects that I’m looking for to compliment the Good Medicine’s uplifting, anytime kind of vibe

6 Likes

Happy New Year to you @LegsMahoney!

4 Likes

Thanks buddy! Same to you, hope this year brings happiness and prosperity for you and your family! :heart::v:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Man, I’m not sure where I rank this in terms of tedium alongside shucking seeds and trimming, but sanitizing pots SUCKS!! With the new seeds popping came the need for clean pots. Made a dent in the seedling sizes:

Still to go is the mountain of mid-sizes:

I guess I’ve amassed enough of a collection that I can’t justify buying solo cups anymore :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

The laundry tub is your friend and I agree, it sucks. But not as much shuckin seeds though.:v::grin:

5 Likes

I have never complained about shucking seeds, shucking almost seems trivial compared to cleaning pots, but I will agree that cleaning pots SUCKS! I just finished cleaning some mid-sized pots, as well as emptying and washing some 3 gallon air pots, now I feel broken: My back is sore from bending over, my shoulder injuries have been aggravated, my wrists hurt from scrubbing, my fingers hurt from holding the scrub brush, I need a shower to clean off the physan… Never again! I have just 15 minutes ago decided to move back to Rockwool Hugo blocks just so I don’t need to clean potting containers ever again. I will happily shuck seeds… it may be boring, but at least it isn’t back-breaking labor.

6 Likes

For me it’s more just that it’s the most menial task with the least present reward I think. Like when you’re trimming, you have nice full jars to smoke when you’re done, when you’re shucking you have piles of nice mature seed to grow. When you’re cleaning pots you just have a stack of pots when you’re done. Very anti climactic

8 Likes

Minor update on the Kailash seeds: so far three heads above the soil and another threatening to pop up too, fingers crossed for #5 who was the one out of the bunch with the shortest tail when they went into the soil. :call_me_hand:t2::v:t2:

9 Likes

Wanted to throw out another update on the Old Smugglers.

I had a chance to sample The third pheno a couple times before the holidays and then again when we got back to town. This was by far the frostiest of the three phenos, but sadly the effects are nothing special. Same issues as the #2 with no predominant flavor to the smoke, and the effect is sadly not much to write home about. Perfectly pleasant smoke but north very potent at all given its looks, and no discernible oompf to the high at all, I found myself feeling this k e most in my eyes, like
I could feel how red they were getting but was fully clear headed, and not particularly relaxed or anything. Overall, probably not a keeper.

In general no major complaints with these plants outside of the off putting effects I experienced with the number 1 pheno, but also nothing particularly special that I feel like I need to keep around. I’m giving it another week or so of random sampling to make sure but I’m pretty sure I’m just gonna chop the mothers I have of these and move on to other stuff, considering just washing the buds along with the other piles trim and such to make another batch of “kitchen sink” hash when the temps drop again, we’ll see about all that.

The Kailash seeds are 4/5 above ground so I’ll probably start a new thread for those soon. I’ll be sure to link here for anyone that might wanna scope em out. That’s about it though for now, love to you all :v:t2::heart:

10 Likes

Badass. Got some Kailash seeds in the stash so will be watching intently! :popcorn:

3 Likes

I’m interested for sure. That was one I always wish I’d have grabbed, sounds really good and interesting. I was just thinking tonight that I wanna plant one of Bodhi’s Chem crosses next. Never grown any of those.

Sucks about the Old Smugglers. At the same time, it makes me go,”See? This is why I do my best to only fuck with reputable breeders…” haha.

4 Likes

Aww man that blows. I’ve almost purchased a pack of those but now I’m glad I didn’t. I’d be interested in a link to your Kailash grow as well. Never heard of them so I’m down to watch!

4 Likes

Yea, I mean truthfully I’m not too bummed about it , I didnt spend at $$ on em, they were a gift from a friend after I mentioned the similarity in the name to the ski hill I live next to, so I was happy to just run em and see how they went. Probably won’t be headed back to the MMS well too soon, but it’s cool, now I know firsthand what’s up with that specific line. I am curious to see if they wash well though. Once washed and pressed more things than not develop into CBN type effects and hash-y terps which is just fine with me!!

3 Likes

Yea man, to be clear, there’s nothing wrong with em, they’re pretty plants and decent smoke, there’s just nothing special going on that screams “HOLD ON TO ME!” And given how many seeds I have in the collection I just gotta keep it moving onto the next one.

5 Likes

Here’s the link to the Kailash thread:

:heart::v:t2:

7 Likes