Keeping Sativas small with Upstate

Leet has my favorite dischord server.

5 Likes

Thanks @Upstate and @Illicitmango might have to send y’all some pollen if all goes well. Oh and seeds. Just topped my only Oaxacan female and going use to clone. My as x thp top is throwing roots so time to up pot her.

2 Likes

Yup. That’s the trick. You need to wait for some male flower development at the top of the plant. Watch out along the main stalk. Single Male flowers will open here first. Long before the top is ready. Just remove these as they form.

7 Likes

The language skillz on that dude. LMAO

4 Likes

Just really looking around discord lately…. Not sure what’s good , got invited from my breeder friends and one from @HighTilliDie but I need to find some other good ones. If anyone has links hook it up

3 Likes

I got an invite. Now I have to learn discord :joy:
To bad I don’t get paid for social media participation!

5 Likes

Ya really! If only I’d be wealthy lol

3 Likes

I vegged them right about 2 weeks from sprout before flip.

thanks! smoke is wild. has a spice rack/lime flavor. kinda earthy but mild. oddest thing is the high. its super electric feeling and euphoric. but a lot of times after a few hours it gets me really tired. i normally like it in the evenings when other sativas would keep me up all night lol

3 Likes

I believe I messaged you on there

3 Likes

Oh, my bad. I’m still figuring it out. On it bro

2 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 what are you looking for? Any strains specifically?

1 Like

Please let’s try and not derail upstate’s thread

After running 11/13 lighting for a week. I found 1 female Odisha and finally up potted to a 1 gallon pot after going 45day in the big cup. Very light Nitrogen feed. Starting bloom feeding this week for the remainder.

To continue keeping her small, Should I take some lateral branches off the bottom and just run only 4 branches?

I wonder which are the sativas :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

Lol. She really wants to be big. To keep her small leave her in the 1 gallon as long as you can. Can you get a 3 gallon fabric bag for the final up pot? They can do well a long time in fabric bags. I don’t think I’d prune yet. To really stunt the growth upward, Pinch the flowers( the tips of main branches) once they are nearing pinky nail size.
She’s going to stretch a bit on you now.:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Haha that’s only one out of 3 females i’d like to keep If I get them.

Yea I have a couple 3gal fabric slim pots for the final up pot. I’d like to keep her in the 1 gallon until I get the Male revived and those other plants closer to harvest. So, another 6-7 weeks.

When you up pot into the 3gal, have you figured out how many weeks you can get away with in the 1 gal? or Gauge it off on the plant’s overall health?

Let the games begin :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Once I get another light, I will put all the sativas in the 3x3 for their own space. Just in case they decide to become wild vines.

Thanks again,
Hope you have a great weekend! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I try to keep feeding until I fuck up, and then I transplant🤣

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl:yup. Just in case​:grin::wink:

3 Likes

Morning @InTheWoods
May I ask how many (wild)Sativa’s your planning on running in the 3x3?
I’m doing some 4x4 math myself

3 Likes

Good morning :coffee:

I hope for a minimum of 2. In a perfect scenario 3 for variety in the F1 hybrids using the LA Affie S1 x Afghan Hash plant Male.

If I get 3 females, it will be pushing the 3x3 tent to its limits until the 5x5 opens back up around end of September when I harvest and finish drying.

4 Likes

Today is transition day for Oaxaca 1.
I’ll be re-hanging the HLG 300 Rspec in the 2x4 this afternoon, and it’ll have its first night of 12/12 tonight.
They’re starting their fourth node, I’ll top at 6 and take her down to 3 nodes, then I’ve got 100 LST clips to keep it “under control” with an even canopy.
That’s the plan at least.

15 Likes