Kush’s mushroom madness

Wow that’s taking off fast :+1:

1 Like

It definitely is. Yesterday there was no visible signs of growth. I was surprised when I seen that this morning.

1 Like

Just mixed up a tub of tidal wave 4, sitting on a heat mat. I’m going to have a Fogger set up with a humidity controller to try and keep things in check.

The humidity control does not like having pics taken lol it blinks when looking threw my phones camera

3 Likes

Tidal wave 4 LC

It’s hard to tell, but it LOADED with growth

1 Like

Good luck I hope it’s contamination free for you man👍

Just saw this on you tube, looks simple if you can get powdered mimosa bark.

1 Like

Mimosa bark isn’t hard to get.

1 Like

Enigma? Thought that was live culture only or clone only?

2 Likes

@420noob It is a live culture.

1 Like

That does look pretty simple. I wonder if you could grow pans on that

1 Like

Here’s a clearer shot of the lc

6 Likes

There’s some growth on the substrate today. It’s a little hard to see but it’s there.

4 Likes

Still progressing along nicely. I can notice quite a bit more growth since yesterday.

4 Likes

You have some sic primordial knotting going bud. Going to be a nice pin field and beautiful flush the way it’s cooking now. Looks great.

2 Likes

I haven’t updated this in a bit but That beautiful tub got contaminated :confounded:!! I had to restart and the grain jars are just starting to do their thing. I will post some pics tomorrow. Hopefully this time I have better luck.

2 Likes

I’m putting spawning whole oats to cv in shoeboxes tomorrow. My CV is in my cooler getting to field capcity

4 Likes

Man you don’t seem to be having much luck, how bad was the contamination, the last one I did had some start and I just scooped the contamination out with a sterilized spoon and had no problems after that.

3 Likes

It was bad. I left for work with the Fogger hooked up. Never using it before I had it set too often. I should’ve not even had it on until the flush started. The substrate was floating 1/2” from the bottom and the whole top was green. No saving that one unfortunately.
It was the my first try automated so I expected hiccups lol, lesson learned.
My new jars are starting to colonize so I will be back to where I was in no time :grin:.

5 Likes

Here’s the restart.
I have 3 good jars. But I have 4 other jars and I’m not sure what exactly is going on. There’s no off colour just white… but it’s little white spots everywhere. I haven’t seen this yet, and a little confused. If someone has an idea of what this is or what’s going on the info would be greatly appreciated

3 Likes

The speckles look the right color, I think its just the mycelium on the grain is just starting to develop. Fingers crossed for you, they are taking off fast again :+1:

3 Likes

Pics 3&5 look like a yeast/bacterial contamination
I’d throw those in compost
The others dont look too bad for the time being
Give the jars in the first and last pictures a shake and see how//if they bounce back

4 Likes