Landraces of India

Glad to hear from him that he is healing well.

1 Like

Shiv !! I’m glad to hear from You! I hope you and your family are all well. No worries my brother we all understand the circumstances. I’d hate to add any extra stress on you.
Take care my friend and will talk soon!

3 Likes

Its west india my brother came across few beautiful landraces, I was smoking new variety “BHUJI” which is very very powerful sativa, I just wanted to get high before trekking the hill, and yeah it was very beautiful place to smoke and to chill.

9 Likes

Yeah my brother I forgot to tag the people by using the symbol so sorry.
No no it’s natural brother the big mountain has no path to go to the peak, we were following some cows for the good path and then they stayed over some place for the good and then we had to go up with new path.

I was smoking bhuji I think my brother.
I came home today, and it feels so good to be home again,
Im gonna send some new landraces tomorrow, I have found from the hills.

9 Likes

Thank you so.much brother for ur wishes and prayers.
I’m gonna send you guys some beautiful landraces on tomorrow itself.
Please you guys can you ping me ur address of shipping to me, I brought new cell and I’m like not able to get backup from my old cell phone.

11 Likes

Nothing in UK yet.

4 Likes

Has anyone received anything yet

2 Likes

Nope. I will let you know when I do get something.

2 Likes

Takes around 3 weeks after mailing to receive packages. Hoping you all get some beans soon. Then, the seed cracking shall commence and we will fill this thread with photos!

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see what they do indoors

3 Likes

A couple I ran indoors did fine. Sheelawathi and Orissa Gold no issues. On the Eastern Manipure my female did have some male flowers so got chopped. My Balochistan Red also had a few mid flower bananas on one.

I know technically the Balochistan Red and Eastern Manipur are not Indian Landraces, the were from Indian Landrace Genetics.

Sheelawathi:

Orrissa Gold:

29 Likes

Man, those are nice looking plants. How long did they take to finish? :v:
:guitar:

4 Likes

Manipur is in India, bordering Burma, and since Pakistan was part of India until 1947, Balochistan is close enough for me :grin:. Its a heartbreaker to get male flowers after putting in the effort to grow something for a long while. Sorry to hear of that with Manipur. How many weeks did you make it? Did your Balochistan finish yet?
How was Sheelawathi?

8 Likes

one of the phenos i had did as well, the other is still going, largest plant in the bunch, it didnt stop stretching until week 5 or 6 and only then started putting bracts, which are now connecting. Appears to be fairly hollow stem so the structure has that hydro looking appearance.

3 Likes

“High hopes” and fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I’ve been assuming he’d tell us when he’d shipped them, and get us some tracking info, but maybe not. Does anyone know if they’ve been shipped yet?
:guitar:

2 Likes

My order was broken into two separate shipments. The first one has shipped but the tracking number I received was from an old order that isn’t relevant to mine. Nothing in the mail yet and that was over 3 weeks ago.

Supposedly the North American orders have mostly all shipped.

On the flip side, he is very active on IG and I have had weekly if not near daily contact.

Just waiting it out here. I have another order coming from a nearby town that has tracking information and was shipped about 2-3 weeks after his was shipped. I’m confident that the new one will come in so if the first order doesn’t show up before this one, I’m going to assume something happened.

7 Likes

neg waves 4

They will come through…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Stature and flower time are traits that can be selected for but they are complex traits so I think it takes big numbers and multiple generations of selecting to get a tangible result . Flower time especially is something that I have found a long slog to het down and even after 5 or 6 generations at most I’ve shaved maybe 2 weeks off flower time, and not 100% consistently either. I’ve had less trouble with selecting for branchy shorter stature plants and find this can become a reasonably dominant characteristic in a line pretty quickly… Mold resistance is a bit of a mystery to me, I know it’s mostly if not all structure/density related but then I often get dense 50/50 hybrids that are sitting next to each other, one rots and the other has no problems, so there is something going on with it that I don’t understand yet…

It’s really cool to see land race types from the sub continent!

7 Likes

very interesting. I wonder if fungal resistance has more to do with cellular structure (cell wall strength) or chemical make up (something prominent chemical constituent that we arent aware of or associating with fungal resistance currently). seems to me like some of the heirloom or primordial plants i have growing have far less issues with botrytis, but also have vastly different bud structure than modern hybrids. Maybe the indoor selection for density and other qualities has led to varieties that have lost their outdoor resilience due to the fairly consistent conditions of indoor

6 Likes