Landraces of India

here is the method:

12/12 from seed
flower at 10/14 and a 36hr dark period at flowering onset for faster finish (have started sativa’s (100%) with 12.12 before, guess it comes down to stressing the plant for a faster finish in reguards to the dark period. have grown with a Red Spec (infar red, ect) flower light but any full spectrum will work. Understand and agree with what you say , but many don’t have the patience to flower for long periods or know proper feeding of. Now I know whom to ask questions for sativa strains _ Thanks

3 Likes

It’s like coffee in Peru. Coffee is grown there and raw beans are very cheap, but nobody thinks to roast them. Everyone prefers instant coffee. It seems like countries that produce certain products have very few people who consume them there.

6 Likes

Except, Ethiopia. Coffee is part of the culture. There is a ceremony performed when serving coffee that is similar to the Japanese tea ceremony.

5 Likes

Like Banana Republics in central america in the 1900’s - owned and grown for consumption abroad ; not for the locals

4 Likes

Coffee (Coffea arabica) is also native to Ethiopia, so that makes sense.

2 Likes

Seeds are on the way from the Nagaland connect. He sent me a mixed variety package of North Eastern varieties (not separated unfortunately) but mainly from his area. He threw in some Shillong as well.

Here’s a pic of the local “aphrodisiac” strain they call Ronda with “spicey” terps

Another pic of some unnamed variety that he got seeds from

23 Likes

They actualy call a strain ronda in india ? The bottom one looks to be a wild strain like a Himalayan bhang.

2 Likes

Yup, told the guy it’d be easy to remember since I had an ex named Ronda lol. Yes, he says he was sending me some of the “feral” varieties as well, just wish they were all separate though

2 Likes

Some of the feral varieties although good if your a collector an preservationists don’t really have any drug type value. I suppose if you went through them to find the needles in the hay stack an then worked it several generations something could be made from it. But there are many wild feral ancient types there. Sometimes you will find a small wild patch that’s ok (gives some high)but that’s usually stuff that’s escaped from domesticated landraces. Its quite a big country though with probably thousands of different types. Even as little as 20 years back there was a lot of land that mother nature still had a part in, but in the last 15-20 years a lot of villages an open areas an green places are becoming concrete city’s so some of the stuff is disappearing fast.

5 Likes

Like this North India Red Stem variety… tiny seeds

15 Likes

Mine actually just came in today and some are pretty small

19 Likes

So much potential in a single picture!

4 Likes

The Indian red stem and eastern Manipur Burma are some of the smallest seeds I have. Landrace seeds can be very valuable for genetic material to add to collapsing lines.

3 Likes

Wow. Those look surreal, almost like they were rotoscoped. Very nice.

2 Likes

Let’s hope there are some people in Thailand who feel the same way.

2 Likes

OST X Panama Haze Bx1 starting to shoot!

All CAPS
OSTxRIL SOWAH

14 Likes

Shit wrong continent !! Sorry meant to post in South American thread ha ha

5 Likes

Shivs beans still coolin in the fridge. Need to go live with some Louies Uncle! Gadichi I meant.

2 Likes

Cool thread. I sent @Shiv9545 a pm asking for details…how much does he charge and how many selections does he have? I want a bulk order of as many strains as possible…:wink:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

@Kabuddha Shiv usually charges a very reasonable price depending on where in India the seeds are from. I don’t want to guess what he currently gets but if i had to 3-5 dollars a seed is a good one, depending on how many you order. Might be a minimum order of $50 or $75 due to shipping costs but don’t quote me on that one. He’s got some really neat and unique stuff. Such a large country with many people…many different climates with as many varieties of cannabis. Imagine a very large California…

11 Likes