Lat 55 uk, europe and canada

High i have been using reelgorillaseeds from the uk for the past 3 years here in the uk lat 55 with some not bad results, i was wondering what other breeders and strains people use at this lat in europe and canada and what results they have had . Peace.

7 Likes

Are you using a hoop house, high tunnel, or just growing outside in the elements?

Without a light dep grow it’s almost impossible to flower Cannabis plants in Alaska to full maturity before it gets too cold as our light cycles here are very long until late in the year!

For me personally if I’m growing outdoor here at least I’m usually running Auto Flowering genetics!!

But anything that has a very short flowering cycle should mature before frost sets…

Alaskagrown

5 Likes

Thx for the reply, im growing in pots outside in my back garden, I know lat 55 is high it must be even harder for Alaska, maybe the lower lats would do well with the strains you use ?

3 Likes

I would start some autos inside and move them out as soon as the weather is warm enough. The jump start inside will help so you can harvest before the weather turns bad.

5 Likes

100% Doug thats what i have been doing and taking them out daily to harden off , im looking for diff strains for higher lats to have a go with . Peace.

4 Likes

I second @DougDawson s point about auto’s. You are going to have great results because they will blooming right at midsummer soaking up the high hours of daylight. less risk of mold too. maybe @Swe-can can ring in with what works in northern Europe.friesland is supposed to be a nice chunky strain built for northern lats.

3 Likes

I’m at 54 lat in Canada. I have tried several different photo strains outdoors, the flip does not occur until mid August and frost can come by September so I don’t thick any photo strain would work without light dep + green house as others have said. I am staggering the starts of several autos to put out this year.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply Qtip, when do you start indoors early may, for a june plantout ?

1 Like

First year trying it, mid may is last chances for frost here so I think I will germ seeds first week of April to be outside for mid may.

2 Likes

I’m 54 uk.
Photos won’t finish for me no matter what I do. Took a few plants just on the brink of finishing as I’d noticed bud rot setting in.
Had really good luck with autoflowers outdoors. They don’t yield very much but that can be overcome by planting as many seeds as you feel comfortable growing. Autos uk I’ve found yield around 1oz for each plant. :v:

6 Likes

I guess the best option is Autoflowers for you, from seed to finish usually takes me around 100 days ( wish we had warmer climate here thou)

But you can even get two harvests if you do your planing right and start the second some weeks before you do your first harvest

5 Likes

Fk, i just checked my latitude and it’s 55;834 - nearly 56 lat.

I agree with most comments here - autos are your best chance of something finishing where you’re at.

What have you been growing in the past and did they finish or …?

Good luck with your next grow … :facepunch:

Gaz

3 Likes

Thaks for the reply Gaz are you Uk aswell ? Ive done some autos and photos from reelgorillaseeds, problem is the way my house is, the sun doesnt reach my backdoor at the end of the season as the sun gets lower , found a good spot away from my house, i just wanted to know what other beans people are using at 55 Lat. They do finish and i get small amounts. The seeds im buying are £6 each so i was hoping to try get some a bit cheaper from other sources, dont have much time left so need to get my finger out. Cheers.

1 Like

Try this site for some good but cheap autos ( 10-15 seeds for 1€ each

4 Likes

UK here too and about to purchase a few autoflowers to plant somewhwere!! What breeder and strains did you have the good results with? :green_heart:

5 Likes

Commercial autoflowers I swear by Fastbuds gear BUT @ReikoX hands down creates the best autoflowers I’ve ever grown

7 Likes

Can’t argue with that. The LA diva X lowryder of @ReikoX I did a while ago have to be the best autos I’ve grown.

5 Likes

Sry for the late reply reelgorillaseeds i have bought , green gold was good for me and fast diesel .

Backdoor 2021.

4 Likes

I am on 58 lat.

I want to check this summer:
Erdpurt ACE
Lebanon RSC

Fast Bud Outdoor Spliff seeds may work , common only in fem form.
Semiauto and regular auto has big yield difference.

5 Likes