Legalization in NY this year?

I am trying to find an article that in NYC their was a loophole or something and they had flower at some of the dispensaryā€™s

I am just outside Buffalo in the burbs, hate the NY taxes, etc . but the damn place is beautiful and the people, food, craft beer are all top notch, I canā€™t leave :slight_smile:

Yeah, Andy, his dad nothing more than goo goblin road whores

yeah you too, stay safe and well :wink:

2 Likes

I am east of Canajoharie NY just outside of the Adirondack park

have lived all over the USA always end up back here :slight_smile:

my taxes are dirt cheap but no services at all

enjoy the day and grow well

Dequilo

4 Likes

Covid ruined it for this year. A whole other year to think about it, and theyā€™ll probably wait until June of next year to Legalize It. Idiots. With all this extra time they better come up with something good. Like home growing

2 Likes

Yup. Shitty pothole filled road whores.

2 Likes

What do you have growing this year dequilo? Been a very strange season this year. All that early warmth, then the late cold. Then the dry spell. Youā€™re not too far from me so Iā€™m guessing youā€™ve gotten by okay as far as rain goes. Most of us west of the Hudson River have had just enough. Did you get frost 1 1/2 weeks ago? Killed my tomatoes and peppers lost their tips. Awful late for killing frost!

2 Likes

For New York State? way too much :wink:

there are 80 of the way too many plants I have going

a mix of GG#4, Channel+, GANJ-NAM STYLE and a blueberry cross of mine

they are in 2.9 gallon pots now but the end of next week or so the will be put into

7 gallon pots and have half their height cut out of them and set out to finish

I did not really plan to be working outside this season and I did not move out until 06/02/2020

when I did, I did it out of desperation

had mites run me out of my grow room for the life I me I could not kill them or control

them

but plants, clones and seeds I was killing them by the truck load

to say the least I am glad to have any plants left :slight_smile: but I may a have few too many :wink:

it has been very dry I am at 1200 ft on the top of the Mohawk valley 45 mins west of Albany

I get lake effect from Oneida lake, I have shallow wells on my place 16 and 22 feet we have

lots of water most years but we have to watch on dry years

we did not but folks north of me did

Nice to see you my friend and stop in

I have lots going on

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

7 Likes

Iā€™m a Pennsylvania resident and they are really pushing for recreational and with this Corona costing every state a small fortune it only makes sense. Not just the tax money to be made for each state but also all the jobs, farmersā€¦coffee shopsā€¦distribution.

The Pennsylvania Lt. Governor is pushing really hard for it as his wife is a medical user.

6 Likes

Nice to hear Pennsylvania may go legal at some point soon. It makes sense all around. If its played right it could really help boost the economy in depressed areas. Rural and urban. Iā€™m only against legalization when home growing isnā€™t allowed. In that case Iā€™ll be the same criminal I always have been. I will always grow my own. Hoping thatā€™s not the case here in New York. What kind of plan do they have in mind for Pennsylvania?

5 Likes

I believe they are modeling it after other states so who knows. Iā€™m in the same boat as you, just care about growing lol

3 Likes

as do I :slight_smile: I only did the medial things with hopes to

grow :frowning:

but as always the folks here in Albany are having a hard time figuring out

how to tax the shit out of us

all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes

9500 lbs bust in buffalo, NY 3300 lbs a month ago ,Canada to ny as usual the amount is more than we usually hear about

3 Likes

Good lord that a lot

3 Likes

DAMN! Thats a ton of weed! (Almost five really)tractor trailer?

2 Likes

Hey Piper - just chiming in to to say ā€œHiā€ to a fellow WNYer. In the suburbs myself, basically between campuses. Iā€™ll give a symbolic wave next time Iā€™m on the 290.

Iā€™ve been thinking about trying to get a medical card myself, but just keep putting it off - did you find the process easy enough?

3 Likes

I am out by Canajoharie NY

got my card in April with hopes we could grow a few plants :frowning:

it was ez to get the card but no love from Andy

all the best

Dequilo

4 Likes

Andyā€™s gotta go - not just because of his serial obfuscation on the weed issue, but the overall neo-liberal ethos of his governance is really holding the state back. Not trying to start something here, so I will leave it at that.

4 Likes

it would not hurt New York

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

Hey Vesti whats up :wink:

I avoid the 290, itā€™s worse than the virus :wink: but sometimes you donā€™t have a choice :slight_smile:

It was very easy and fast to get a card, depending on what is wrong with you, you can use Public Health Law Ā§ 3363(2)(f) and get a card for free

(f) a fifty dollar application fee, provided, that the department may waive or reduce the fee in cases of financial hardship;

I have never paid for my card since day one in NY (another forum a person said I was full of shit and I donā€™t know what I am talking about :slight_smile: )

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/

3 Likes

Thanks, man. That is great info. Iā€™ll get in touch here for advice if I run into any issues.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t a million New Yorkers left in the last 4 years or since he became governor? I laughed when he blamed it on the weather. New York has ALWAYS had shity weather!

1 Like