Legalization in NY this year?

Albany is about 30 minute or so to Mass and I am sure the crooks in Albany

have figured out how many dollars have gone there since it went Rec in Mass

2 Likes

Yeah the trimmers and my cousin had a great laugh at my expense on that one! Oooooooh! Pissy kush! Sounds good. Strange how that smell could translate into a good flavor, but it does. Good mold resistance? My line still gets mold and I have to pick at it frequently during mold season. But where I used to lose whole plants, now just lose some parts of colas. Some are getting fairly resistant. Interesting about the basement plants. I’d like to think the police have for the most part woken up to the fact that weed just really isn’t so bad, and that some plants for ones own use is no big deal… But last yr a guy got popped for 5 plants not far away. Makes you think. I sure hope we’re moving past that!

1 Like

It does sound like it will be the dominos effect. Very restrictive in many cases. But i bet they do the nations first " open border"" between three states or somehow be different or first. Cuomo wont miss a chance to look progressive while quietly pushing communism!

2 Likes

It was one of the only plants that i never found any mold on when the nugs were fully mature. It was good smoke, a couple people i know loved it for chronic back/neck pain… its a hard climate for sure, cold nights and rainy days when the buds are gettimg mature is pretty tricky to deal with… i sure hope they find better ways to spend their time than taking peoples medicine and fining them money that they dont have…

3 Likes

got to find a spot that gets the first sun and drys the bud quickly

it can be hard to do hard budded Indicas outside in upstate NY

gray mold sucks :frowning:

3 Likes

Sure does, i havent done anything outside in a couple years because of it. I miss it though and would love to have a few outside this year. You have any go to strains for outdoor?

1 Like

not really :frowning:

I did 8 outside last year in seven gallon pots and what I did was take them inside

for the night, wheeled them in my garage with a handle truck

took them out in the AM

worked out good so I could do inside stuff outside

2 Likes

Thats awesome. Hopefully someday ill be able to have em in my yard instead of out in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

Sounds like a good afghan for here. I have to say I’m surprised it comes from World of seeds. As I have a (very) bad back I may look into that one. It sure is a hard climate to grow in. The hurricanes that lately come every other yr or so are not helping any either. @ dequilo…Good advice on getting morning sun. Helps burn any frost off quickly later in the season and sun has different spectrum until 9 am or so ( good for plants) too. Yes. Very hard for pure indicas. Have you two heard of the real seed company?(guessing yes) Currently a good line up of varieties. Check out tashkurgan. Comes from one of the only wett(ish) areas in Afghanistan . Mazar I Sharif also. It has 2 phenos. Wet girl/ dry girl. Also incredible cold resistance (15 degrees supposedly). Also some good Himalayan hash plants at the site. Go to Kwik seeds to purchase. There’s any type of smoke you’ve been thinking about let me know. I have been online 3 hours a day for a year looking. Tell me your tastes and I will have a good recommendation for you ( it will be either a landrace or an heirloom though. I’m not big on hybrids unless they are ibl.

1 Like

Did I mention 12-18 feet? ( oh lord let there be home cultivation in New York so thy may fill thy garden with massive weed trees and not feel the urge to hide whenever I hear a car!!! Amen!)

2 Likes

I found when I lived there once Sept rolled around and buds were filling out any rain was bad news for my indys , I had a nice fairly quiet hand leaf blower for yard and blew dried them after ever rain.
If I had not Gray mold was sure to come.

2 Likes

yes sir the mold will be there in a New York minute :frowning:

I get heavy dews end of August beginning September, I try to put them in a breezy spot

that gets first sun but you still need to watch closely

I am thinking about putting 30 - 3 gallon pots of something in flower

first of May then put them outside the first of June and harvest July 4th

they would be short and no choppers :smile:

1 Like

Aren’t you worried they will reveg when put outside in june
I know my outside plants were still in veg june-july when I grew there.
Maybe I am wrong and forgetting the 12 hrs of light and when it gets less than 12

What a great idea with that leaf blower trick! Makes it look like you’re doing yard work when you tend to your plants too haha. I tried growing landrace Lebanese from the real Seed Company two summers ago. I knew it would be a really tough deal, but I was after a true-breeding CBD strain. I started with 25 females. 21 of them rotted 100%. Of the four that were left I harvested half of one of them and between 10 and 25% of the other three. However, before many of the 21 that didn’t make it died, they produce viable seed for me. Some of them fell off the plants and came up as volunteers last year. I had three of what I believe were pure Lebanese plants finish flowering and two of them had very little to no mold. I was bringing them in every evening, but I also did that the first year. Seems like they could adapt pretty quick. And I got my high-cbd type that I wanted. Really had to be kept dry. I wouldn’t have had to bring them in if maybe just a fan on them at night would be enough? Heavy dew every morning. Great idea.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea with the early Harvest. Are you talkin Autos here? Or are you planning on forcing something?

2 Likes

Just going thru this thread again. I missed this post. Same experience for me. All veg june/ most of July too with photo plants. Some til mid august. (This is in regard to flowering plants revegging if put out in may)

1 Like

Time to revive this thread
I have to admit that the discouraging news on the legalization front temporarily took the wind out of my sails. I never was too crazy about getting my medical card in NY and this is why… weed legalization for all adults allows me to just blend in with the rest of the population. Now if you give me a medical card, and I feel as if I would be singled out by police. I don’t want to be judged by whether I have a card or not, or if I smoke pot or not. It’s really Nobody’s Business. I fear harassment at the hands of our overzealous police force in this state. Until a proper way of judging impairment for marijuana is available, I worry that I would be judged driving impaired if I ate a pot brownie for dinner yesterday, or even two days ago due to cannabinoid levels still in the body 1 or 2 days later. This is after all the state that wants to judge you dwi for having one or two beers now… I was really thinking that just plain legalization for all was going to happen. I should have known better. Now the latest is that it may not even happen at all this year. Anyone have any firm info on this? I’m going to check the web right now for the latest.

1 Like
1 Like

All the Cuomo’s LIE, they are nothing but pcs of garbage, don’t expect any type of legalization soon unless they are also getting a Big Piece of the Pie for themselves.
The King in Albany does not care about anyone but himself.

3 Likes

There we go LOL
Mine , all mine
No Mine
It’s a joke to these people, I hope someday they too live in Pain and denied their meds.
A Holes all of them

1 Like