Let us discuss seed giveaways, proper etiquete, self restraint, and seed addiction + Pets

Nah you did good man got everyone chiming in… good discussion. No one got belligerent… all and all a good conversation all the way around! lol

Pretty busy thread today! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve seen the activity you are getting at… and I think some here might not.
My concern in these situations is bad actors like the Jameslax’s and Drgonzo13’s and those who have multiple accounts and are ONLY here to gather genetics from generous OG’s.
I joined here over a year ago but was mainly a lurker without logging in. I started becoming more active this past fall and have been on the site almost daily since.
I’ve seen bad actors here that I have identified from other sites. Again, only here to lay down a sob story and seek the generous caring people and then scam genetics. They often use the same pics and stories over and over on each new site. I watched it play out in one of the site’s biggest contests and I bit my tongue for the most part. They expose themselves and the community deals with it and moves on but it is easy to get jaded.

For me, I am a flavor chaser and love variety. I also like to dedicate space in my garden for interesting seeds whether they were made by a closet grower or a new breeder. It’s also fun to participate knowing that I am able to crack my own vault open from time to time and give away more seeds or pollen than I have won in free seeds. It’s a give and take.
I’ve put my name on quite a few seed giveaways in recent months, have been in the winners circle in a couple picture contests now… and quite a few times my number has come up in the free seeds thread.
The last couple weeks has been a bit silly though and I am now on a self perscribed timeout from the giveaway threads LOL

In the end it’s fun and games and if you are giving seeds away in the free seeds thread I feel there should be No strings attached. Giveaway seeds in your own thread and want to put some restrictions or filters in place ? I think that is perfectly okay too.

There are wayyyy more good people here than bad actors and I like to think we can operate the free seeds thread without worrying too much. That said a lot of new accounts have been dropping in on the threads and reaching out in messages… I will manage those concerns the best I can and if need be report to the admin team before I call someone out.
I do have one OG member on ignore and that person is barred from entering any of my giveaways or contests. I won’t say who that is obviously but thankfully thier activity here seems to have faded away for now.

at the end of the day though… we have to remember that it is all fun and games.

18 Likes

I give OG gifted seeds out. My friends here love them. I have a buddy doing Sour 60. He needs help.
One of my friends I gave to him some GDP that was amazing.

11 Likes

I’ve mailed out 150+ packs in my short time breeding and it only takes a literal few good connections to make it all worthwhile.

16 Likes

Ok, it’s been interesting but I am off to feed my plants. You all have a good night. :v:

6 Likes

You can @ me, I don’t mind

:joy:

2 Likes

I will say it sucks when someone doesn’t even remember they were sent your genetics & enters to win them again.

12 Likes

@Foreigner you’re a true class act man! Wasn’t expecting a dibs call on this thread but it made my day

4 Likes

I still gotta pop those White Rhino and Jack Herer seeds you sent me when I first joined up brother. This was a good reminder that I should pop the seeds I get gifted.

4 Likes

Happens all the time, sooner or later they find soil hopefully :wink: u can always pop into the show the grows thread of em if u wanna check out what to expect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad you said that. I couldn’t remember. You DM me and I’ll send you something. I don’t think I offered. I have some nice stuff. I do have your strain from JP.

1 Like

While this subject is hot. As someone just 1 year into growing. How the hell do these co-ops work? The giveaway game I ain’t got time for to jump into as soon as messages are posted.

6 Likes

Someone does a CO-OP seed run.
They create a sign up list and users sign up. This is for TL2 and TL3 members.
When seeds are done they are shipped to the distributors for distribution. Canadian runs go to me, USA runs to go G-pas. I pack up all the Canadian seeds, take out our portion and send the rest to G-pas. She packs up all the USA runs, sends me the Canadians share. She then sends the seeds to the other distributors for their countries. There is a distributor for each country.
Twice a year around spring and fall a box is put together with seeds from each CO-OP run that was sent in.
Those who signed up provide addresses and pay a $2 to $2.50 per strain donation (this amount is due for each individual sign up), depending on location, as well as pay for the shipping cost to have items shipped to them.
Once paid the distributor packages all strains you have signed up for and ships them to you.

9 Likes

It took me a minute. You will find out…

1 Like

Don’t be afraid. I have gotten some nice stuff.
Bed time for me also.

1 Like

Boy did this topic just go full friggin circle…

I was about to go get your response from yesterday, then looked down to see you responding. I had to giggle just a bit…

:slight_smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

Fuck yea. Thanks yo. That’s a good explanation.

3 Likes

He is a good guy.

1 Like

Go feed plants Doug :sunglasses:

@DougDawson

6 Likes

Weren’t you feeding ur plants?

2 Likes