Let us discuss seed giveaways, proper etiquete, self restraint, and seed addiction + Pets

I find it easier…I love it…and it happens here…lololol!!!:goat:

No, it doesnt, NOT if you try to interact. I tried MY BEST to interact over there, just didnt happen. Had a great journal going, about week 5 or so i gave up and just posted harvest pics.

Was accussed of NOT growing my buds, lol, and using others pics, boy’s didsnt want me to gradiate . Cap stepped in, read my journal, DM’d me, gave me the cap n gown. I have not posted since i dont think.

9 Likes

Well that’s why the coops are in place, gives anyone the opportunity to get their hands on genetics worth preservation. Anything else is a free for all cuz it’s the members usually putting it on and many like myself enjoy throwing beans around like confetti and to be honest of the prob 1000 or better of both jack herer and white rhino I threw around last year I MAYBE at best seen 20 plants grown out. But it was the thrill of knowing my seeds ended up around the world to either ultimately fall in soil or age out. But I’ve always learned if ur willing to give something away, don’t be mad where it ends up. Hell even if u charged someone something for it, still don’t be mad where it ends up. U handed it off, now if there was a gentleman’s agreement to sprout them right away and they hoarded em, that’s just a reflection of their character with lack of honor or value to their words. I still like to think the most valuable thing I own in life is my word, not everyone feels the same these days.

I have a vast seed collection, I’ve got many freebies, I’ve done a bunch of trades and I’ve spent way more than I ever should from seed sites and it’s a mix of it all, if someone is into collecting something then don’t knock em for how they obtain their collection as long as it was in a respectful manner and not doing anyone wrong.

When picking ur roulette number it’s luck of the draw just like anyone else, but if ur just playing to play and don’t actually want what’s up for grabs…that’s kinda a dick move, always stings when the ones that did want it see it just passed off to the buddy, especially if that buddy is also in the drawing, 🤦

5 Likes

I do find that statement somewhat insulting to this amazing community. I have followed countless journals here and learned much from some amazing growers.

12 Likes

I have a 10 pack of Blue Tara but you must be a low life scumbag only on OG for free seeds and participates only in giveaways……

13 Likes

horses for courses bro…you can’t please all the ppl all the time,but you can some…and growing weed is not a mark of feeling personally accepted by your peers even…its being able to sit at the highest table knowing ppl learn…i don’t care if ppl think my personality doesn’t match my growstyle…I just love ppl enough to grow wildstyle and prove it…that’s all its about…I’ve had grow threads yrs and they been silent…but the growstyle is some of the best…so I let the skills do all the talk…I just casually chat the love I have for growing…but my ego is only my passion in knowledge and its hard to understand…I sit quiet and silent in my threads and blaze factual proof I can show ppl great things…I could shut my mouth entirely and the results stay the same…but I’m a ppl person and forever want to gift my gift…whether you like me or not…lololol

3 Likes

Indeed Doug, it originated from Overgrow the Government.

3 Likes

I have a reply in mind @herojuana.tom which would serve no purpose. Suffice to say that if you think me complaining about this very small group of individual is more contrary to the spirit of the site then the actions of that group then so be it. You of course are entitled to your opinion. But I’m not looking to argue with anyone here.

6 Likes

Right like @Rhai88 stashing away the white truffles x pancakes beans I gave him, I mean I could be mad about it… But deep down I laugh cuz he’s missing out on the goodness of those sweet flowers, but one day I just know he will come around to the dark side and eat some of the cookies off the refreshments table :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

They’re definitely staying in the fridge now that you put me on blast…

:laughing:

11 Likes

…this is why you have to jump In a taxi in these threads and duck out…when you go personal and not collective in your thinking it just ruins everything…night night!!!:lizard:

1 Like

About 50% of what goes on with OG is public in threads & the other 50% goes on in DM’s.

Some people might win a lot of contests/dibs & then behind the scenes be helping people/new members out.

Just something to consider :+1:

14 Likes

Just gotta keep em fresh on ur mind! One of my favorites I’ve grown over the years enough to grow a couple times :wink: wait and see! I got 2 beans left of the parents, might do something special with em down the road :wink: male or STS or crosses to come

3 Likes

I’ve been doing quite a bit of F2ing of member cultivars… if it’s that good maybe we continue the line? :thinking:

But that’s for later days right now I’m taking the Auto plunge I said I’d never do lol

You were right they have there place… especially since my tents are down right now. :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Sure and I think it’s also good to remember that OG is not the only place people hang out. I do giveaways in other places and also have personal friends and family. Someone sucking up 20 packs of seeds could be helping out 20 people. One never knows.

11 Likes

@LoveDaAutos you may wish to check out island living.
It is a bit more isolated, we do our best to screen our family members.
We have some of the seed junky types there but no vultures that I know of.
Check it out and see if it is right for you.
That goes for any of you seasoned veterans.
Those only searching for free beans need not apply.
This is the Fantasy Island Motto, it works well for everyday life too.

15 Likes

Oh it’s def a worthy one! I’m sure @bassman5420 can chime in on that one, he got some of them was really impressed and started another round of em too

Haha ya autos will fit anywhere, I got just the thing for you, it’s basically an outdoor tent hahaha

36 bucks and ur a winner for autos

5 Likes

This should be posted at the top of every seed giveaway thread. It’s what I’m trying to say since I started this thread but must have done so poorly.

7 Likes

Nice thread. Useful to understand the angle of everyone on a subject that can only become exponential imho.

2 Likes

I told ya I understood and felt your pain… :rofl:
Feel free to use it any time you would like. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like