Let's be Frank... All things Zappa

This is an homage to Frank Zappa.
It because of Frank (beginning in the late '60s and early '70s) that I became interested in different types of music beyond psychedelic/hard rock/ R&B/blues/pop.
Classical and Jazz have been passions of mine because I started to listen to Zappa.

Frank was a singular and gigantic talent, the likes of which rarely grace us mere mortals with their blinding genius.
Thanks Frank!

All things Zappa…

9 Likes
3 Likes

I was just gonna say: That guy is Steve not Zappa! HAHAHAHAHA

I saw Steve play with Orianthi on a challenge duo, and man it was amazing. Little girl can play.

Zappa was a genius.

2 Likes

Billy Was a Mountain! (Ethel was a tree growing off his shoulder)

2 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

ETA: drum solo referenced in above video.

2 Likes
1 Like

If I ever get a really killer cross, I am calling it Dynamo Hum, :laughing:

99%

4 Likes

That’s my cue.

3 Likes

I love to watch Zappa debate. He was powerful.

1 Like

Here’s one that Frank did that’s from my all time favorite band.
https://binged.it/2KRnAfd

1 Like

Yes Sir.
I posted Frank’s cover of Whipping Post somewhere back deep within the What r u listnen to thread.

I also greatly enjoy the work of the Allman Brothers
Duane died way too young.
A tragic loss.

1 Like

You got that right Calyxander! I still listen to LAFE almost every day. Best music ever recorded, IMHO. I had tickets to see Gregg a couple years ago and crashed my bike the day before the concert and never got to see him again. I knew his time was short. I did get to see Butch Trucks Freight Train Band about a year before he passed. Play all night!

1 Like

I was fortunate enough to have seen the Allman Brothers with Duane in Dec 1970 at the Fillmore East.

The month before I saw Zappa and the Mothers at the same venue.

Those were the days😎

4 Likes

You got that right! I used to photograph concerts for a local newspaper and saw tons of acts in their heyday. ABB, Stones, Zeppelin, The Who, Joplin, Hendrix, Doors, to name a few. We lived through the best period ever for concerts. Those days are gone forever.

1 Like

This was a fun 3 nights.

5 Likes

Hi @Swampthing
Peaches en Regalia is one of my very favorite Zappa melodies.
Sumptuous ear candy.
Thanks for sharing.

Here is Dweezil with a very young violinist.

https://youtu.be/TOywUUqDuBE

3 Likes
4 Likes