Let's be Frank... All things Zappa

2 Likes

Dweezil and Moon Unitā€¦couple of fine kidā€™s names, donā€™t you think?

2 Likes

Hahahaā€¦he had 4 kidsā€¦ the other two are
Diva and Ahmet!
Hehehe!

1 Like
1 Like

my favorite song by zappa

really shows his skill as a band leader as well as a musician and composer.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

oh my lord i must find and post my ā€œzappa.on the crapperā€ tshirt bahahah u can see it

The crux of the biscuitā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦is the apostrophe!

ā€¦the particular passage which is being referred to happens on the the end of ā€˜stinkfootā€™, and takes place in the context of a man having a conversation with his dog.
the dog asks the man, what is his conceptual continuity.
so the dog is posing a philosophical question to the man about what the man thinks the nature of reality is, or at least his understanding of it.
the dog is basically asking, what is reality?
well, what is an apostrophe?
an apostrophe is a symbol. its an idea. and what is anything else for that matter? what am i to you, but an idea within your mind.
and so, the apostrophe, being a symbol of defined purpose but undefined potential, becomes a more accurate symbol to represent whatever we currently call ā€˜realityā€™.
basically saying that the crux of the ā€˜biscuitā€™, i.e. reality itself, is more accurately represented by a symbol such as an ā€˜apostropheā€™.
meaningā€¦ words are limited, language is limitedā€¦
ideas and concepts are limitlessā€¦
excerpt from: https://www.dweezilzappa.com/posts/1963441-the-crux-of-the-biscuit-is-the-apostrophe

I think it is all much simpler than that.

Look once again at the biscuit, and keep in mind, ā€œthis is the dog talking now.ā€

how did i not know about this placeā€¦love me some frankā€¦will be over here abit more, thank you for the post

1 Like