Let's talk about High

I like all the different stuff, the variety itself is a treat.

One thing I’ve noticed outside of differences in cultivars is that the buzzes for hash and bud are different. If I haven’t had a dab in a while it will of course get me real real high…but I’m surprised more at the opposite. If I mostly or solely smoke hash rosin for a bit regular bud can send me!!!

8 Likes

It isn’t talked about as much because it is different for everyone but I think there are similarities in (most) people. This is why I use leafly for this to get a baseline. Even if the strain has complete opposite effect for me, I can still get a good idea of how it affects most people.

I really enjoy indicas. The purer I go, the more I like it. Not what people think of indicas with lethargy and sedation (hybrids) but that real serene, on top of a mountain type bud. It can definitely be had from hybrids, these just usually have tradeoffs which I dont like. I like old afghans, old kushes and some hybrids. Chems in particular but they aren’t as “clean.”

Some Favorite Indicas/hybrids are OG Kush, Stardawg, Ice Cream Cake, Purple Kush, Kosher Kush, Orange Kush and Papaya

Sativas I can get everywhere. Some favorites sativas/hybrids are Kahuna, Chocolate Trip, Chocolate Diesel, Chem D, Appalachia, Skywalker OG, Clementine, S.A.G.E., Green Crack

Even Hybrids: Cali-o 77, White Widow, ICC, Appalachia, Dream Beaver, Synergy, Sour Garlic Cookies

To find something that has everything you ask for is not easy. It all depends what you want…why most of us grow.

8 Likes

What is GSC?
And why I listen a lot about Bodhi, but I can’t find lot of info about him/her ( work not personal)? Is a US breeder I assume.

2 Likes

Tentatively how long does take to get well dried on the stalk…?? …could it over dry…??

2 Likes

The type of high I like are the creative ones that make your mind flow with thought . The ones that have enhanced visuals . The highs that are strong but dont make me paranoid as hell because 2 minutes ago I was on Earth and now im not. I’ve dabbled far into the alt noid space so I can say I know even better what I like because I can create effect specific blends

Dreamy , euphoric, calm, anxiety free. Enhanced Visuals and compassion, Free flowing thoughts that dont get caught up on that ‘’ bro im high what was I saying ‘’ ( although thats funny sometimes )

Thats my dream high.

My tolerance is quite high, so it blows my mind that I can get paranoid off these newer strains. Most of the extremely strong stuff back in the day (10 years ago ) didnt throw my mind into terror ( some of it did but often times it DID NOT )

Personally. Id love to find a strain that has like .1 percent THCP present. I bet that’d slap.

GSC is girl scout cookies. I can see why they’d like it too. GSC is quite potent :slight_smile:

I cant say for certain the stuff ive smoked is the real deal but I will call out a few strains that worked well for me and some that didnt.

Worked well : Afghan kush, white widow ( borderline too strong ) , Ak47, Fruity Pebbles, Sour Diesel, Red velvet cake auto ( i see u going 2 fast <3 ) Lemon Pepper, Gary and Mac, Alien cookies ( borderline too strong ) , Moonbow ( really liked this one ) Laughing buddha, and tbh so many more lol.

Did not work well : Master Kush ( was max level high the second I walked inside. Was paranoid for like 4 hours ) Alot of the random stuff ive smoked with my neighbor, has been mind boggling strong. XD So some of that stuff. uhhh. I cant think of anything but basically any strain thats way too strong and has no calming effects will be bad for me

6 Likes

@Rhizome
You ask about two things dear to my heart.

Yes, GSC is Girl Scout Cookies, which will take you to its impressive maximum with one bong rip, and then you come down within an hour. And nothing really hits right after that for the rest of the day. A lot of people don’t like that, but i do. I can only smoke one or two bowls a day in my current life.

Bodhi is a highly respected American breeder, world traveler, genetics collector, and all-around ambassador of good karma. His seed offerings over the years represent a world of different experiences. You should check him out. In fact, I think I know someone with some F2s… :grinning:

9 Likes

Hi there,
Just a noob but I have something to say.

I won’t enter debating variants of thc as I don’t get it and I think we overthink cannabis in general.

Weed is weed and a buzz is a buzz. How do you like it is the question.

From my experience this plant gan either be very tasty and less powerfull or very powerfull but less tasty, I find most floral strains to be less potent as less floral and sweet will give me the high I like.

For a long time Critical was it for me but as a user your resistence grows and you need to shift strains so you don’t get too used to one. Now I just enjoy a lot White Widdow, more soily taste but the high is what I like.

I haven’t tried any super high thc flower but I have some titans f1 waiting to go to bakery. I will lwt you know if I get paranoid or not.

Cbd Is something else, the taste is there but no buzz at all.

So resuming, it all comes to what you want, how resistant you are and in general you will need lile 4 runs of a strain to be able to catch the subtle differences even in one strain, the phenotypes, and on each one you can harvest early or late. All will have different tastes and effects.

So I guess you are the only one who can choose the best strain for you. It takes time and strain research but it is all part of the beauty of growing culture.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Many thanks for bodhi link…I am very curious to learn about breeders I don’t know. Very much appreciated.

I agree 100%. Girl scout monkey by mephisto genetics is what I am smoking now. Grown to try the Girl scout cookie…
I guess I am not a big fan of cookie at least after trying the strains breed by Mephisto.

In my personal case, this of weed that drop-down quickly push me to smoke more and more and more.

No paranoia at all with this strain, but I found cookies a bit …i dont know how to describe…too linear…not srimulating nothing particularly…i am not super relaxed neither intellectually stimulated or phically excited…
I thought was the preferred strain for musicians, etc…but probably not on the line I like.

Actually here I would like to say something:

• I guess that some strain have some genetic issue on the way Monozygous are recombined ( Monozygous recessive particularly)…and the most we push to reduce the genetic diversity …something happen…cookie seems a bit of a bottle neck ( probably i am wrong)
3 Likes

I totally agree on this point. That is why I enjoy GSC and its first generation hybrids. All Cookies derivatives bottleneck more and more with each crossing, and the good effects get “shaved” off. Sherbert, GMO. and Dosidos are still pretty interesting to me, with that really superior punch, but anything more crossing seems to lose what is special about gsc. GSC itself is so homozygous that it breeds relatively true, but that’s deceiving because the hybrids have the look and feel of the original, and maybe higher THC, but there is something special about the original that takes me up to a place that nothing else does.

… and yes, this is why I need to smoke The Sativa and other Bodhi crosses for diversity. (I call the Vietnamese Columbia Afghani “The Sativa” because I always have it in bud form.)

5 Likes

GSC to me is the poodle of the pot game. All the X-doodles coming after it make me just yearn after the real thing. I’d rather have a labrador than a labradoodle, I’d rather smoke chemdog over GMO 100 times out of 100.

8 Likes

Exactly. :100:. Except I’d rather have a poodle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(“Brutal Poodle” is my GSC backcross lol)

2 Likes

Given my high tolerance, Apple Betty packs a punch for me now. It’s a pretty strong strain

2 Likes

Nice. I ran the 3 freebies this winter. One is up there with a keeper sowah.

1 Like

To me, this is a fascinating topic.

And only the high matters.

I feel like @BeTheLight and I are soulmates on this point. :slight_smile:

I love psychedelic, thought-provoking, creative, stimulating, loving, non-racy weed that starts my journey before I even remember I smoked. I love being able to concentrate, to think productively and creatively. If it feels like a long hug that slows the entire afternoon, even better.

I literally like to feel high. Elevated. Clearer. Looking and surveying.

Not low. Grounded. Slow. Tired. Passive.

I do not like weed that simply makes me vacant, stupid or sleepy. I can achieve those states on my own. :slight_smile:

I don’t care about the smell or the taste, either. Or even how it looks, really.

It is only about the high for me.

I am fascinated by it. I suspect it’s a combination of terpenes + individual body chemistries, but in what combination? :slight_smile: How much is it effected by our mood?

I feel like THC + an appreciable amount (2? 3%?) CBD makes for a better high, for me.

I also feel like, if a weed smells immediately good to me, it’s gonna be a great high. (Similar to craving something salty when I need sodium, or tuna when I need omegas, perhaps?

All cartridge highs feel precisely the same to me, and they’re missing a core – the same way Vivarin lacks the full punch of a cup of coffee. Cartridges are digital, flower is analog.

My current theory: certain terps are good for certain types of pain. Also, any weed that smells good to us in any given moment will be a great high for us.

But “great” based on. . .what? :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I do not agree that people over think it

Different phenos of one strain can demonstrate very different effects. Different strains even more so.

10 Likes

I love everything about this description. What strains would you recommend for these effects?

4 Likes

I agree with every single thing you just said. I’ve said very similar things. :100:

3 Likes

Thanks, Indy. :slight_smile:

For me, it’s Jamaican Lambsbread, Durban Poison, Gary Payton, Jack Herer, Chemdawg, Sour Diesel, NYC Diesel, Acapulco Gold, Super Silver Haze. . .so far,

These are on my must-try list: Neville’s Haze (something right in here), Runtz, Kali Mist, Amnesia Haze, Laughing Buddha, Cindy99, Candyland and Chocolope. . .

8 Likes

Good for you, knowing what you need, man. :+1: Try any good GDPs or LA Confidential? Kushes?

You welcome to disagree, but that’s what I said, you need to deeply grow a strain to know some of the phenos and its effects, so this isn’t math, you can grow a specific strain plant and get oposite or different reaction experimented early on the same strain.
And then the lock with each individual parameters like mood, context, stress, and even phisical.

You cannot recommend the perfect grow formula for everyone as you can’t recommend a strain based on the user expectations.

That being said, and if it is true, this 2 questions are just over thinking because you can’t get to the right formula. In this case nothing will replace experience and growers meetings and parties provide excellent ambient to try and know many strains and probably the fastest way to find what you want.

2 Likes