Let's talk about High

Delta 9 THC is broken down into 11-hydroxy-THC in the body when eaten so its not only a different feeling than smoking its a different cannabinoid

5 Likes

I got it from herbies if you are about this one…and yes it might kill my tolerance

For a more up, energetic, daytime use edible, I like to make green dragon tincture w no decarb. Also, I use, no heat to reduce. Instead, an open jar (covered w paper towel) allowed to evaporate for reduction. A fan blowing over the top will speed up the process.

4 Likes

I agree. My favorite weeds of the last couple years are slightly more low-key, lower THC strains. NL2 and Original Haze from A.G. are very different but maybe my 2 favorites of all time. Neither makes me paranoid or makes my heart race and feel like I’m going to faint.

I’m always looking for the easy-breezy, smiling, floating high we used to get from the old Mexican brick weed which was probably only 5% THC :joy: but I loved that feeling.

13 Likes

Can you explain more?
No decarb herb? Why?
In alcohol?

1 Like

To me THC count little nothing by itself. Its a number more promoted to brand and sell.
Old mexican? 80? How was it?

2 Likes

I use dried flower in Everclear. A longer decarb will make for a higher cbn ratio and a more sleepy type tincture. The inverse is also true, so a shorter decarb gives less cbn and thus more energetic. Sometimes I do a short decarb for this type tincture, but I moved away from that because I really like the flavor that I get from no decarb (less cooked / toasted, more terpenes). Thc is still produced through the evaporative process, though probably to a reduced degree. I find this to produce a “happy” good for daytime use effect.

When I want sleepy tincture, I do a much longer decarb and then I reduce whichever way is convenient.

5 Likes

Let’s say 20min 120c for energetic and
40min for sleeping?

1 Like

Yes, that works. I’ve adjusted to go lower 90-100c for 90 min for my sleepy version. Not all stoves can hold that low of a temp consistently though.

i agree 1000% and i compliment you for saying it so perfectly

I have a few things I am trying to do. A lot of them have to do with rejecting maths and embracing my ego. I have tried to improve haze and failed. I have tried to outcross haze and find a better hybrid and failed. And I have tried to not fuck haze up by way of open pollination and feel I have partially succeeded.

5 Likes

Unless you are L3et and I don’t think you are. I was not talking about you man.

2 Likes

I’d never heard of this before but I had been buying most of my stuff from the Mullumbimby area for the past decade or so before I started growing again. It often looked quite ropey and I assumed it was outdoor bush weed but the high was lovely, couldn’t really call it stoned it was more up and chill with no paranoia. I found a seed in the last half I bought there and grew it out, it’s very light and gives a really nice full body sensation like a warm full body hug, any aches and pains just melt away.

3 Likes

What about Sativas High?
What the best strain you would recommend regardless of flowering time, but specific for high effect?
What’s so specific about Sativas high?

Anything pure Colombian… they are not popular for nothing. :ok_hand:
No tiredness, euphoria and sometimes visual effects, what do you want more :grin:
Can smoke them all day long :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Colombian not mexican correct?
Can you advise some breeder or where to look at ( a bit inexperienced for that side of the world)

Thanks

Yes, some old Mexican are good too, must choose wisely…
Colombians Gold or Red: there is a lot of different “strains”, don’t go with the modern ones… the older somewhat the better.
Haze variants are good too.

Underground seed co
Tltseeds
Pandora seed co
Therealseedcompany / kwikseeds
Aceseeds
MadMac
Socalseedvault
Socal sativa selection
Agseedco

Want different euphoric highs ? Watch the Thais/Laos/Cambodians/Himalayans/Indians

Want energy to fight? Africans

2 Likes