Lifespan Flower-triggering for pure Sativas?

Hey neat! For sure keep me posted! Love to follow along. Will love to see what you come up with.

3 Likes

yes yes, probably cannabis auto-traits developped in the tropics, probably it wasnt useful enough, the sunhours vary enough, and it triggersā€¦ no auto needed thereā€¦

I feel prety much in the dark about this topic.

1 Like

I may be in over my head but I started 3x Acapulco Gold and 3x Columbian Gold at the start of december hoping to see if this theory pans out. Will it be a success? total disaster? Iā€™m in it for the long haul (barring unfortunate accidents) so Iā€™ll find out one way or the other :astonished: Push comes to shove, if they reveg and refuse to flower outside come next november I can try to take clones and finish them up back inside. Iā€™m just worried about out growing my 3x5x7 before may :sob:

wish me luck og! :v:

7 Likes

great Bongo, whats shure, you will get a Jungle expeience, tell us the Results!

3 Likes

here is a pure Thai Clone, started in March, put outside in Mai in Washington, and he said it continued Flowering.

lets believe in Womders

3 Likes

Best of luck! Also, Amat victoria curam. Wondering whether it would make sense to wait until after the Summer solstice to put them out so that the days will naturally being getting shorter? For the sake of science, Iā€™m curious how things turn out either way.

2 Likes

Appreciate it my dude! Iā€™ve found from personal experience I can read and read and read about something but I wont really learn until I get my hands dirty and fuck things up a few times first :joy:

I was wondering the same thing about the solstice, but Iā€™m not very tempted to pay the extra 2 or so months of electricity to find out

4 Likes

Iā€™ve definitely had Sativa that flower at maturity, regardless and also some that after I chopped, reveged and flowered again, just smaller the second time around, Iā€™ve even had one that flowered on some branches and vegged on the other branchesā€¦bizarro, I guess at the equator there is no day length difference between summer and winter, so they have to get a bit genetically creative to survive.

Also growth to maturity Is significantly longer, and because flower times are also way longer, often the plant gets to five feet or so and then flowers at a snailā€™s pace for the next 100 days, and in the meantime the whole plant grows to 12 feet or more, I donā€™t know if light intensity has any influence but at the tropics on the solstice the sun is directly overhead, so that in the middle of the day there are no shadows, just bright burning sunshine.

5 Likes

So, how is it at your Place?
so, normally you cant choose when to plant, and you have a yearly Harvest we in Europe/America?

And wich strain is it that flowers regardless?

1 Like

Iā€™m in the far north of oz, so about 16 degrees south latitude, At this location there is about and hour and a half difference between winter daylight length and summer, as a result the growth/harvest is larger when itā€™s vegged over summer, winter plants get to about 3/4 of the size. Most of the SE Asian strains I have flower at maturity regardless of the time of year, but as I said I am far enough south that the intensity of light intensity varies between seasons so that also has an impact on how big they get. I canā€™t grow broadleaf strains as they only ever get to a foot tall at most and flower all year round. I think most plants will flower at 13/11 hours of daylight, at least thatā€™s what I have experienced.

I have just bought a block of land at 32 degrees south so it will be interesting to see if they still flower at maturity.

5 Likes

redlight to trigger longflowering sativas by a red sheet that lets trough only red? outdoors.

4 Likes

Did you just change my life lol? Wouldnā€™t this be something! Kind of a ā€œred flagā€ā€¦but other than thatā€¦

2 Likes

Its seems like Moroccan, Lebanese and Syrian would have common ancestors. Itā€™s the same region and resin is extracted the same way. Dry sifting probably originated in the Hindu Kush.

1 Like

so, they probably have common ancestors, short above turkey, namely in Bulgaria beginn the autoflower genetics. these autos could have been spread over turkey - syria - morocco

Ive just lately seen a 70s turkish landrace with very short, fast flowering, looked slightly like autoflowersā€¦

1 Like

There was no dry shifting in Morocco until the sixties believe it or not, when Hippies showed hash making to the Berbers. Prior to that time Beldia was strictly a ganja strain.

[quote=ā€œHerrsquidward, post:53, topic:42523ā€]
eems like Moroccan, Lebanese and Syrian would have common ancestors.
[/quote
The Berbers say King Solomon gifted them cannabis. So i think you are right, but Moroccan is very different. No indica genetics added, as in Lebanon/ Syria and Egypt.

3 Likes

Wow. I didnā€™t know that. Many of the photos Iā€™ve seen were of what looked like narrow-leaf varieties, in both Morocco and Lebanon. I didnā€™t think much of it at the time (this was before I understood the difference between narrow and broad-leaf), but many of the photos I saw from Lebanon were obviously narrow-leaf. It seems the story of cannabis in that part of the world is longer and more detailed than it seems.

4 Likes

The light device needs to emit far red in the first place! And far red is very different then visible red.

1 Like

so you say it cant be done with sheets?
i thought, SOMEHOW this far red must come into existence trough the Angle of light that the sunrays hit the leaves in a crowded Vegetation, hence the different light. But i think i understood, mamamia, probably it works still.
Alternatively i just place my plants into crowded vegetation, actually one time i grew a vietnamese Strain called Hoabac, and one pheno produced quiet a bit of hairs in July, it was the pheno standing under trees and bushes, PLUS restricted rootspaceā€¦
However it didnt continue to flower, hairs died off

2 Likes

Maybe you saw some Lebanese Sativas. The Sativa phenos are from feral Hemp, grown in Bekaa during the 90ā€™s during a brief hemp introduction program. The pollen cross contaminated the drug crop of Indicas, so far as Iā€™ve seen/ read/ experienced. The Sativa phenos i grew were hempy. No high. Info from RSC.
The farmers made more from hash so hemp growing was abandoned. This is why modern Lebanese needs to be phenoo hunted much more than the old stuff, to pull potent plants out of the line.
Sinai does have potent sativa and Indica phenos, however.

4 Likes

I retract my statement LOL, I was assuming indoor LED and just now saw that you clearly asked about outdoor. Knowing that it comes down to ratio of blue to red, and itā€™s a matter of FR simply penetrating further than visible red, Iā€™d tend to think a red sheet outdoors would utterly panic the plant. Then we can debate whether that panic (accelerated growth) was good, bad, or neutral in terms of [insert variable].

2 Likes