LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

Yup thats how you do it. The butter machine came with a silicone box and thermometer and timer but thats it. 240 no higher than 250 30-40 mins.

2 Likes

I just ordered some grove bags. The quarter lb bags were $5 or less. Should be here in a week, so I can use them when the MD finishes up :smiley: Thanks for the info, everyone who was talking about them

3 Likes

I started a thread about them. You might check that out.

5 Likes

Anyone know what happened to the @MadScientist? Haven’t seen him around in a while.

1 Like

Do I have to dry my trim out all the way before I decarb it?

Link to my next grow guys.

I will be sure to post weight when she’s done drying.
ON TO THE NEXT!

Thanks again Hoppy for trusting me with your baby. I know it was a little weird being new and some guy asking you for seeds on the arm. Greatly appreciated. You allowed me to break a 1 plant weight record. For sure!

4 Likes

I usually use bud and have it dry already but i dont think it needs to be all the way dry. Itll dry up during decarb.

1 Like

Yeah I just threw it in the oven. It’s a little scary but I trust you guys.
My house is going to stink bad huh? No more then my room I hope. Lol.
It mostly smells like plants rather then smoking bud. So far…

1 Like

You can put it in a turkey roasting bag and it won’t stink up the house too bad.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic @LilJonB its all good. I’m glad you grew it out in the open. Only one I’ve heard of here so far. @Badger is growing some old PPP seeds I had from 1994, i dont think he has popped any Scotch yet. I took cuttings from the girl I got now and failed at rooting them so handed them off to a buddy who sprouted them and told me last night he has a deal with a Medical grower for 35,000 clones at $6 each. So maybe the Hopscotch will, be in Illinois dispensary this year. Maybe anyway I wasn’t clear on the whole deal. Be badass though.

3 Likes

Yeah itll smell a lil. It sgould smell sweeter than straight weed. Ive decarbed so much i literally thought the air was toxic like got high standing in the kitchen.

1 Like

The decarb will turn nonpsycoactive thca to a very pyscoactive form of thc that can be absorbed better in edible form. Eating weed really takes a lot to do something. Once decarbed its a lot stronger. Like i said i run 1/2 oz per 4 sticks butter. I use 1 stick per 5 cups fruity pebbles with a bag of marshmallows. I melt the marsmallow n butter together on low heat in a pot then dump crispies on top and stir til mixed good. Then drop in a greased 8"x8" pan cut to 16 squares (4 slices each way) and everyone says a whole treat is too much.

1 Like

I’ve been doing twice that much. We normally make chocolate chip cookies though.the bars sound really good.

We are ppp crazy around here. :star_struck:

I agree, and I’m patiently waiting for a smoke report. The strain is gorgeous though hoppy. I would say you did a great job. I assume you will get a cut of the clone money. You deserve it.

Edit: for seeds that old, 2/3 is amazing. You have great storage methods sir.

4 Likes

Thanks @Badger. The last grow was really good. I’m curious on his smoke report as well. I was fascinated with PPP after my first grow. I crossed it with Alaskan Thunder fuck, but it haven’t grown it yet, keep getting distracted. Those two were my first lollipop grow (that’s my terminology for all the exotics) Everything before were Landracers. I’ve got volunteers PPP out back by my compost pile, lol.

3 Likes

There will be some PPP pollen available from the current PPP seed run for those who want to play with the strain.

3 Likes

@DougDawson I need to freshen up some genetics on some PPP. I sent @Badger the last original PPP I had. I’ve still a few that I crossed back from the last grow. The guys i got from had been growing the same seeds since the 70’s, idk a ton about genetics but i think they got weak. Badger has popped 2 of 3, they look good but not quit what his others are if I’m correct.

4 Likes

I know nothing about PPP except the seeds from the last seed run done went AWOL. I got a few from a member and am doing a seed run now to replace those missing seeds and am also collecting pollen. Plenty of seeds and pollen coming, going to get out of @LilJonB 's journal with this stuff but here is the link to the seed run that will show you what my plants are looking like. Sorry @LilJonB, not meaning to fill up your thread bud.

3 Likes

Do you use the magic butter machine? I also use straight buds minimal trim and i only break them down to coin size chunks. And not to pat myself on back too hard but i bet every bud i dry is 25% or so thc. Ive been using the xanthan gum recipe but halfing the amount and replacing with 1 egg yolk. I just got lecithin to try no egg for longer shelf life but so far the egg method holds weeks in a fridge without any ill effect.

2 Likes

That’s awesome @Hoppy !

@rooted do you think 10.5 grams is over kill?
I got leaf and bud in there.

It’s all good @Badger. This is the after party!

1 Like

Hey @Badger is the PPP really purple?

1 Like