LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

I started a thread about them. You might check that out.

5 Likes

Anyone know what happened to the @MadScientist? Havenā€™t seen him around in a while.

1 Like

Do I have to dry my trim out all the way before I decarb it?

Link to my next grow guys.

I will be sure to post weight when sheā€™s done drying.
ON TO THE NEXT!

Thanks again Hoppy for trusting me with your baby. I know it was a little weird being new and some guy asking you for seeds on the arm. Greatly appreciated. You allowed me to break a 1 plant weight record. For sure!

4 Likes

I usually use bud and have it dry already but i dont think it needs to be all the way dry. Itll dry up during decarb.

1 Like

Yeah I just threw it in the oven. Itā€™s a little scary but I trust you guys.
My house is going to stink bad huh? No more then my room I hope. Lol.
It mostly smells like plants rather then smoking bud. So farā€¦

1 Like

You can put it in a turkey roasting bag and it wonā€™t stink up the house too bad.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic @LilJonB its all good. Iā€™m glad you grew it out in the open. Only one Iā€™ve heard of here so far. @Badger is growing some old PPP seeds I had from 1994, i dont think he has popped any Scotch yet. I took cuttings from the girl I got now and failed at rooting them so handed them off to a buddy who sprouted them and told me last night he has a deal with a Medical grower for 35,000 clones at $6 each. So maybe the Hopscotch will, be in Illinois dispensary this year. Maybe anyway I wasnā€™t clear on the whole deal. Be badass though.

3 Likes

Yeah itll smell a lil. It sgould smell sweeter than straight weed. Ive decarbed so much i literally thought the air was toxic like got high standing in the kitchen.

1 Like

The decarb will turn nonpsycoactive thca to a very pyscoactive form of thc that can be absorbed better in edible form. Eating weed really takes a lot to do something. Once decarbed its a lot stronger. Like i said i run 1/2 oz per 4 sticks butter. I use 1 stick per 5 cups fruity pebbles with a bag of marshmallows. I melt the marsmallow n butter together on low heat in a pot then dump crispies on top and stir til mixed good. Then drop in a greased 8"x8" pan cut to 16 squares (4 slices each way) and everyone says a whole treat is too much.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been doing twice that much. We normally make chocolate chip cookies though.the bars sound really good.

We are ppp crazy around here. :star_struck:

I agree, and Iā€™m patiently waiting for a smoke report. The strain is gorgeous though hoppy. I would say you did a great job. I assume you will get a cut of the clone money. You deserve it.

Edit: for seeds that old, 2/3 is amazing. You have great storage methods sir.

4 Likes

Thanks @Badger. The last grow was really good. Iā€™m curious on his smoke report as well. I was fascinated with PPP after my first grow. I crossed it with Alaskan Thunder fuck, but it havenā€™t grown it yet, keep getting distracted. Those two were my first lollipop grow (thatā€™s my terminology for all the exotics) Everything before were Landracers. Iā€™ve got volunteers PPP out back by my compost pile, lol.

3 Likes

There will be some PPP pollen available from the current PPP seed run for those who want to play with the strain.

3 Likes

@DougDawson I need to freshen up some genetics on some PPP. I sent @Badger the last original PPP I had. Iā€™ve still a few that I crossed back from the last grow. The guys i got from had been growing the same seeds since the 70ā€™s, idk a ton about genetics but i think they got weak. Badger has popped 2 of 3, they look good but not quit what his others are if Iā€™m correct.

4 Likes

I know nothing about PPP except the seeds from the last seed run done went AWOL. I got a few from a member and am doing a seed run now to replace those missing seeds and am also collecting pollen. Plenty of seeds and pollen coming, going to get out of @LilJonB 's journal with this stuff but here is the link to the seed run that will show you what my plants are looking like. Sorry @LilJonB, not meaning to fill up your thread bud.

3 Likes

Do you use the magic butter machine? I also use straight buds minimal trim and i only break them down to coin size chunks. And not to pat myself on back too hard but i bet every bud i dry is 25% or so thc. Ive been using the xanthan gum recipe but halfing the amount and replacing with 1 egg yolk. I just got lecithin to try no egg for longer shelf life but so far the egg method holds weeks in a fridge without any ill effect.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome @Hoppy !

@rooted do you think 10.5 grams is over kill?
I got leaf and bud in there.

Itā€™s all good @Badger. This is the after party!

1 Like

Hey @Badger is the PPP really purple?

1 Like

He left OG

5 Likes

Oh wow. Man thatā€™s sucks. He was always nice to me. Sad.

1 Like