LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

That is odd. I would have been convinced the complete opposite. I would have been looking at the tall female like “your going to die soon, muwahaha”.

1 Like

Mind if I tag along. Excited to see your babies!

2 Likes

Your more then welcome BigMike55. You let me litter your thread with my comments. Lol. Micasa Sucasa!

2 Likes

Okay so I checked my seeds and they are starting come out there shell. I was wondering if I could fold a small strip of paper towel around the seed to hold them in place in the clay pellets so they don’t fall into the bucket. Or should I just wait till the tap root is long enough to hold them in place?

1 Like

Yes I thought the same, keep an eye out

1 Like

This is off topic, I visited the coolest thing ever today

9 Likes

Is it a V2 prototype?

Well its calibration time.

Before every grow I do a calibration on my pen. Sometimes I do one during the grow if things start looking crazy
This is before I calibrated:

This is after:

I’m dreaming of a Bluelab🙄

7 Likes

I ran into a problem. I only have 3 air stones. I dont know how to work this. I could put the two extras in one bucket. The only problem with that is what if both of them end up being female. I won’t be able to remove and separate them.
I can put one in soil and transfer it to dwc if one of my main buckets end up being a male. I will have to train them to grow this way :arrow_left: and the other :arrow_right: that way. What do you guys think?

Two days in and it looks like they need some help.

This is the Hopscotch.

This is the Black Candyland.
Lately I’ve been having slow germination issues. I dont knownif its the water or maybe the paper towels. IDK. I put them in a black sock ontop of a oven mit on top of my refrigerator. The black sock is to keep out the light. The oven mit is so the seeds are not in direct contact with the fridge. Just incase it gets to hot.
I guess I will at least get two bucks with nutes going. Then all I have to do is just add the seeds.

7 Likes

Its SpaceX Starship, set to launch this week

6 Likes

All right. Everyone seemed to Stop as soon as the tap root began to pop out. I have to start germinating in another way. My other seedlings was the same way. Dont know if its the paper towels.
So I’m going to get them into the buckets and see if they come up. I would hate to think I killed these.

I’m going to go with the plan that I will take a small strip of paper towel and fold in in half with the seedling inside. This is to keep them from falling threw the net pot. I will wait to see if anyone has any suggestions before I move forward.

In the future I will consider starting a thread before the plants get going bad luck.
I’m noting that its the cultivator and not the seeds.

Before I jump the gun I removed them from there bags and put em between two styrofoam plates but still between the damp paper towels loosely. My theory is there wasn’t enough of an air gap. If that makes any sense.

3 Likes

Maybe try Rapid rooters next time. I hear they are good for starting seeds. I’ve never tried them my self. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m going to have to try something different. I haven’t given up. I’ll get some Rapid rooters as soon as I get some cash. I have 1 BC and 3 Hopscotch on the side incase things go wrong. Just seems like they thought they wanted to pop out and then changed there mind. We shall see.
I noticed a black spot on one of the tap root on one. I’m not sure that means anything.

2 Likes

I guess you haven’t got that second card yet ?

2 Likes

Na. I’m waiting for alot of stuff in the mail. Postal service is Super Slow. Its seems bills get to you fast enough. Lol. Im still waiting for my 2nd stimulus check. I might need that second package. Smh.

4 Likes

Fingers crossed it will show up soon . Your check too. :smiley:

3 Likes

Looks interesting @LilJonB I’m going to pull up a chair roll a fatty and watch this grow if you got room

3 Likes

Hey @YoBigdaddy welcome.
The pressure is definitely on. Its taking a little longer then expected. I will make it happen!

3 Likes

They look great, be patient my brother it will happen you got some great genetics there

3 Likes

it means plant it so you do not see it and grow on My Brother :slight_smile:

I am excited to see where you go with this one

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

4 Likes