LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

7 Likes

I mixed me up a gallon of this stuff after I saw your earlier post! Too early to say anything of consequence but I’m giving it a go.

4 Likes

I’m going to try this next grow. Probably late summer. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I’m interested to see what you guys think after trying this. Guess I’ll have to stick around. :wink:

May I ask?
Do you ph your water before, or after putting the bud candy.
Last grow I started using the fox Farms open sesame, beastie bud and cha-ching. I used them at half what the manuf recommends. I think it worked like it’s supposed to. But I checked and adjusted ph after adding.

Where is @LilJonB ? He didnt quit did he?

He was active March 12. I wouldn’t worry about 3 days. :grinning:

1 Like

Nahh he will be back. He’s usually quite active. Probably just had some stuff come up.

For the bud candy though I always ph at the end of mixing everything and before I water as I usually mix up a 6 gallon bucket of nutes throw and air stone in and use it till its gone.

1 Like

I always ph after everything is mixed in.

1 Like

Yeah. Thats what I always figgered too. But I am running in soil with FF3 and their bloom stuff. Fox Farm Trio. My pH is always either pretty close to what I want or good enuff that I dont mess with it, during veg. But during flower I start using their boosters and even at 1/2 strength it drives the pH down quite a bit. Then I have to pH-UP it to bring into my desired range. (6.0-6.5) it takes quite a bit of pH-up if you are down to like 5.5 already. I was wondering how the home made bud candy affects pH.

2 Likes

Never really checked man. Next time I water my autos ill ph before and after and let you know.

1 Like

Thanx. I am considering changing from fox farms stuff to the bud candy. Altho I hafta say. The Fox Farms stuff worked well for me last grow. Except for the pH drifting south it does what it says it does. But at half strength. Guys who dont check the ppm and ph will burn their plants at full strength. I only use Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger bloom at half strength and add the bloom boosters Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha-Ching at half strength and still get around 1000 ppm sometimes. Full strength would be wayyy to hot in my opinion.

1 Like

OK I was depressed so I wasn’t around. Sorry Overgrow brothers and sisters. These are some pics from about 5 days ago.

Uploading: 20210311_143651.jpg…

10 Likes

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT! I’m glad I dropped the extra cash for this Bluelab!

7 Likes

LilJonB is back in da house.
Holy shit dude. I thought you were done! Glad to see you back my friend.
I know big time about depression on a personal level its not any fun. Hang in there brother.

4 Likes

I knew you would be back brother. Sometimes just need a few days for your self. Great to see you around again. Your presence is always appreciated around here.

2 Likes

Thanks guys it means allot. Really.

I’m dealing with a little bit of a mess. I’m working in it.

5 Likes

I’m to figure the whole EC thing instead of the PPM. Right now my notes are at 2.4 EC. Too high right?

3 Likes

Higher than I go in my hempeys. But as for your dwc I’ve seen @JoeCrowe go higher even. So I’m not positive. That’s 1200 on a tds scale though.

2 Likes

In my system I rarely go above 1.8 ec

2 Likes