LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

yah regular instructions for hydroponics include EC 1.5 and PH 5.5. The instructions for the stuff I use are different the EC goes up to 2.6. That could be dangerous. See how your plants react, I suppose!

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t dare. Lol. I just added 2 gallons of water from the tap. Which Iā€™m not a fan of. But Iā€™m more comfortable with that then burning em up. Lol. If it looks like they can handle more I will give them more. So at the moment they are at a EC of 1.8 and a PH of 5.7.

I just switched over to the GH Maxi Grow/Bloom. I can already tell how much of a difference my roots are going to be on the future. No more Stained roots.

14 Likes

Good to see you back and your grow looks great!

3 Likes

Hey bro, no worries. Glad you back at it. I too have my bouts with depression. Its a shitty deal. I just try to keep things to 1 day at a time.

2 Likes

Well I hope I did it right.

Used Qtip to add some pollen on a couple pistols on a branch. Then mysted them with water. Than put a bag over them.

5 Likes

What? Wait! You pollinated the branch then sprayed the branch with water and covered it with plastic?
Unless I am misunderstanding. You should pollinate the branch, cover it up and spray water over the rest of the plant. Is that what you did?

2 Likes

And maybe Iā€™m wrong. Iā€™m no expert.

2 Likes

I know @Seamonkey84 recently did this. Maybe he can shed some light on his methods.

1 Like

Oh shit! Was I not supposed to do that? I felt that would keep the pollen in place. If I did it wrong then I will have more pollen soon.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know brother. You may be right. I was thinking that water kinda neutralizes the pollen so you donā€™t pollinate the entire plant So you spray water on everything you donā€™t want pollinated. But wait for another opinion. I may have misunderstood the whole pollination thing.

4 Likes

I read it earlier and questioned what you did but I donā€™t know enough to made an educated comment. Hereā€™s my current assumption though I believe you pollinate, bag it, spray rest of plant, Un bag after 3ish hours then spray down the area you pollinated then back in tent or whatever.

Please take this with a grain of salt. I donā€™t have the personal experience yet.

2 Likes

So I got this air pump. Itā€™s definitely a beast. It pushes at least 5 times the amount of air of the Active Aqua 4 port. Itā€™s a tad too loud.

I was wondering if itā€™s possible for me to put it in my closet and run this 1/4" hose

from it to my tent then attach the nosial spliter to run my 3/16 tubing to my air stones in my buckets?

3 Likes

I believe you are correct, but like youā€¦no real experience pollinating single branch like that.

Fuckin auto-correct

2 Likes

I have same air pump! To reduce noise add about a 6 " peice of tubing onto the intake. And also mount it to table with a shirt or something on it to muffle the vibrations a bit as well. All my air lines were really long just test it at the distance you want to see if it does what you want to your bucket

Edit. And keep in mind the unit gets pretty hot

1 Like

Try mounting it on a foam pad. Might quieten her down some. Thick pad like for shop floor.

2 Likes

I apologize bro. I applied a generous amount of pollen and sprayed that to keep it where it was. Then threw a sandwich bag loosely over top.

2 Likes

Nothing to apologize for man, hell I could be wrong, and this is how you learn brother. All a process.

On that pollination deal you may have got a pollination anyways. I understand once one tiny grain of pollen touches the sticky hair of the female the party is on. Donā€™t be surprised if you get seeds there anyways!

4 Likes

Lol. If thereā€™s so much pollen on there that the water held it in place Iā€™m sure some took hahaā€¦ I litterally use a cutip that gets a bit yellow from pollen and use it on multiple branches. Canā€™t even see the stuff.

2 Likes

I made a whole styrofoam box for it. Lol. Helped a bit. But not enough. It wouldnā€™t be so bad if my tent wasnā€™t next to my bed.

2 Likes