LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

Yup yup. Glad you covered it. I should have known the Autos wouldn’t be able to handle as much as the Photo.
I do have to say that the Blueberry Auto my cousin is running took alot longer to flower then mine. Mine has been on 12/12 for the past 30 days. Should that happen with Autos :thinking:? I get that most autos were photos at some point. Unless they are true autos. Whatever that means. Anyone else see faster flower times with autos under a different light times?

2 Likes

I’m glad you went there. I’m aware of the pf technique growing shrooms on brown rice and vermiculite cakes. Lol. But for what we are doing I’m guessing it would be similar as our home maid. Use wise I’m guessing it has to do with the sugar from the rice. Is he using soil? DWC mushrooms lol. I’m not laughing at you just the idea.

2 Likes

Hey @Chronickyle
Does this apply to growing in soil, as well?
Honestly, I never water to runoff, so I never check. I probably should but I don’t!
But if I did, and say, for round numbers, your liquid going in was 1000ppm and coming out was 750ppm, that would mean she is drinking what I am giving, correct? And if it is higher to say, 1200ppm then I would know to back off on the amount I am feeding, correct?
Cuz, I honestly don’t know. I feed them half strength nutes every other watering, or so and them seem to love it! So, I don’t check.

2 Likes

I’m not sure with soil. I’ve done lots of soil grows but I’ve never measured run off and never watered to run off, in soil I just go by what the leafs say they need or have had too much of and a lot of it is just asking the plant what it wants and trusting your gut.

In hydro I check daily and adjust as needed till I learn what it wants.

3 Likes

I find my autos are usually about 1/4 to 1/2 strength vs photos. Not sure about the light hours. But I just threw some autos under 12/12 from 18/6 I hope they get similar results as yours.

2 Likes

Yeah I do check it going in. I keep the ppm under 100 and pH as close to 6 as I can. If I t is high and I get it to say, 6.3 I will call it good.
Actually my whole method is to mix all my ingredients. Check the ppm. If it’s over 1000 I will dilute to below. I try to get 800-850. Then check pH ann adjust as needed.
Sorry @LilJonB for highjacking. Again!!

2 Likes

That is interesting. I have not adjusted strength for the White Widow Auto. They get the same half strength nutes as my photos.

1 Like

That’s a good question about the soil @BigMike55. I definitely would back off if the ppm get higher then your putting in. I could be wrong but I would think that might mean that there would be build up. Kinda like what I’m afraid of with passive hydro. I’ve learned that if it’s not organic it’s salt.

If they can take it give it.
I should have started out lower. I know better. All the reading I’ve done and when it comes to applying the knowledge I get lazy. :rofl:
I am reconsidering doing all autos my next round. This was a little test run. Is it just me or do some autos look ugly? Like the don’t look like there supposed to look? Or is it just me?

2 Likes

You’re keeping the thread alive man. I really don’t mind. Better you then some random. Lol

1 Like

Mine are lovely!!! Cuz…they mine!!! Haha

2 Likes

It could be just me. I’m glad you love your plants. I want you to. Hehe. I don’t think I’m giving them a fair chance.
We ant Co Signing no BS up in here. Lol.

1 Like

Oh, are you saying that MY autos are not very attractive plants? Bro! Say it ain’t so! I actually like the look of the indica plants myself! But I wouldn’t say the WW are ugly!! LOL!

1 Like

Na Na Na! Not at all. The autos I’m running are kinda spindly. Not easy on my eyes. There definitely not to there potential for sure.

But I think I do favor the idica over stativa looking plants. I’ve seen people like some hideous looking plants. Who am I to say what’s looks right to others.
But I had forgotten that your WW were autos. Lol.

All shitting aside, my autos have not gotten as big as I woulda liked, that is true. Maybe since I am feeding them the same strength nutes on the same feeding schedule I may have Screwed up the plants? Hell I don’t know! This is this first time with autos.

2 Likes

But I do like how the buds are looking. I will probly post some new pics tomorrow.

1 Like

The grow I did there was a strain unknown that was photo (now dubbed Forest Candy) that was small but not spindly like.
Not much experience with the auto personally. Now I can’t say all autos are ugly folks. Just stating mine are not impressive.
I have had plants do a 180 in the bud department. Horrible foliage beautiful flowers.

I will play with autos again. I can see the worth in them. And as @nefrella has shown, they CAN be trained pretty well!

3 Likes

And your grow looks killer man. I see nothing wrong there.

I’m feeding mine with this schedule

So far so good!

4 Likes

Thanks @nefrella. I know I could have asked. But sometimes I do things the hard way. I will definitely give this a shot.

2 Likes