LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

Running out of room

I have a 4x4 that’s taller but I’m waiting to put it up.
I need to make room in my room. I will wait for the next grow.
I’m going to have to remount my light for the Hopscotch. She did stop stretching tho. So that’s good. Now it’s time for her to fill out. I know she’s got another 45 days at least in her.

6 Likes

Niiicccce!
You will love the extra space in that 4 X 4 tent.
Your grow looks great LilJon

3 Likes

@LiljonB he said that the soil was growing mushrooms as well. In the same pot as the weed. So using the rice thing hes getting a really good bacterium. That’s what I was reading into it. I’m not versed at all on it.

2 Likes

I could see how micro life would thrive more. My head wasn’t there. Might help with the uptake of nutes. I have a he’ll of alot of respect for strictly organic folks. That’s a whole other thing I would like to learn about. I feel like if you can get that down, figuring out the whole living soil thing and treat it like a living thing your plants would benefit immensely. Props to all you organic science people. I’m sure there is a word for that. But don’t know one.

Thanks man. Working my way back into the fold. I feel the interest starting to come back day by day.
More room would be nice. 4x4x80" more head room will have me thinking about some sativas.
I was looking at 3x3 that I could have just thrown up right now no problem. But I knew I would be kicking myself later on not getting the 4x4.
Anyone get this tent?

I figured the gray won’t make my room look so small once I throw her up.

2 Likes

I have one of those. Some guys don’t like them. I think they are good for the cost. Perfect? No! But then, what is?

1 Like

The 3x2 one I have is vivosun. I like it. So I got another one. I haven’t cracked the box on the 4x4. Hope everything is in there.

1 Like

I actually have two 4 X 4 Vivosun tents one black and one tan colored. I think they work just fine
Only had the black one till about a month ago. Liked it so well, bought another. I will be using the tan one in the spare bedroom for vegging and seeding and cloning. Then transfer to the black one in my workshop for flower. That will keep the smell mostly away.

3 Likes

This is great of you!!
I need to know if this strain is a true purple

3 Likes

Hehe. Hoppy practically will swear to it. He understands that this is where most of my interests is at. He has sent me pics. They have a deep purple huge. Kinda similar to Blue Cookies. I can see and could for a while now a little difference in color. My lights are out ATM. I will report more on this tomorrow.

2 Likes

This is good on your part

1 Like

Is the weed purple or not??

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry @corey. Yeah it’s all about the same color as the first picture I posted.
Right now I’m just noticing a darker almost blue that has been popping up mostly around the edges of the leaves. I’m not sure if I will be able to really capture what I mean under my lights. But I will try my hardest tomorrow.

1 Like

Alrighty. Here we go in the color purple update as promised.

There is none of that color as of yet. I do have faith that it will show. She’s only at day 35 so I know she still has another month at least. Maybe @Hoppy can chime in to tell us when some color can be expected.
I do see a deep greenish blue like color that I haven’t seen in other plants I have grown throughout the years. Time will tell.
I know she’s not going to be no Purple Unicorn but I know some colors will come. Just gotta treat her right.I was told no trick of cool temps are needed to bring the color out. When dose everyone see color in GDP?

3 Likes

I have not run GDP. But my Blue Cookies plants stay been until at least 3-4 weeks into flower. Then the color show starts. By the end of the grow, the flower tops (esp.) have tried a beautiful dark purple color even the fan leaves. This evidently is a natural occurance in this strain because I never introduced cold temps.

2 Likes

Ok here is what’s going on in the buckets for those that are interested.
Gelato Auto

PH is at 4.7 bringing it back up to 5.7 my EC is at 1.7 I’m really thinking about bringing it down a bit.

3 Likes

Blueberry Auto 38 days old.

A little pitiful. I know but it’s either this or nothing at all. EC is at 1.3 and this is where she will stay. PH went up to 6.6 and will be brought back down to where she belongs.

2 Likes

And the Hopscotch Day 35 of flower. But we know this already.

She was practically bone dry. She’s just sucking down water/nutes. I gave her a gallon and a half of EC of 1.4 and PH for 5.7. Nice root ball if I think. Not the whitest but looks good.

4 Likes

Dang @LilJonB multiple projects in the works. Autos, photos, making seeds, expanding. That’s the way man! Love your progress! If you want to keep messing with autos ill send you some man just let me know.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Noted. I was told the color with happen with or without the cold. Just sitting and waiting.

1 Like

I have been saying that my next grow will be all autos. So I will probably be doing autos. These are in here as back up and to get my feet wet with them before I jump in head first. I would love to run something of yours. I know you have used CS. Do you have anything fem? It will definitely help take some of stress out of making sure I’m using the most of my space. Thanks @Chronickyle.
I will take a trip to my male Hopscotch shortly to see what’s going on. I might do a little pollination later today.

2 Likes