LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

Germinate right into fresh promix hp. You will get 99% paper towel method is unnecessary. Don’t reuse soil for germ it be contaminated or have to much fert in it.

5 Likes

Yeah its most definitely not ideal to reuse soil. The soil was flushed a few times before I got around to using it. I terrified of using brand new soil because of the nutrient level. I really like starting my seedlings off in coco for that reason. Haven’t had any money on an account to order anything.
Damn covid.

5 Likes

Promix hp is great for starting seeds no risk of too much nutrients for seeds.

5 Likes

I’m definitely looking at getting some promix over fox farm this year. Shipping prices for soil is ridiculous. Im waiting for garden centers to open. And looking for someone with a tight lip to drive me.
Hey do you use the same promix for the rest of the grow?

4 Likes

I recently made the switch from foxfarms to promix hp and love it. Great from seedling to harvest!

4 Likes

When I do soil I use promix hp all the way through, (I will be doing this soon for my seed run) But in my hempies I remove as much soil as I can from my plant and transplant into the perlite/vermiculite with the hydroton bottom.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t have to wait for garden centers to open any hyrdo store should have it stocked. It’s best to always buy your soil from somewhere it is stored inside.

4 Likes

Seriously try mixing water with h202 (peroxide) and ph it low-mid 6s.
they pop the tails stay short and look dark at the tip of taproot ? And how long they sitting in the towel and bag once they crack? I wont let em sit in bag more than 3 days once they have a taproot they want air and light.

1 Like

They took there 24 hours to pop open to show there tap roots. Then I left them in there about another 2 days max. Thats when I started getting sketched out. So I put them into soil. I put three new seeds in soil. Hopefully they decide to do something today.

3 Likes

I did a little poking around. I found that 2 of the Hopscotch is on its way up. Guess we gotta wait to see about the Black Candyland.
Shit got real there for a second…
If nothing happens with the Black Candyland I will throw in a fem Gelato Auto to make sure my tent stays full come flower. Its not to late though.

3 Likes

So this is what I’m working with. Two of the Hopscotch came up. I didn’t mark the ones that I had in a paper towel first. But I suspect that the ones came up weren’t in the towels first. Never again will I use paper towels to germinate seeds.

I dont know whats going on with the last one. It looks a little bummed out. Hopefully she grows out of it.
You guys have no Idea how scared I was that I might have murdered seeds that were given to me. @Floyd I’m sorry I killed your seeds. I thank you so much for your kindness. I will be buying something from JOTI soon. I got my eyes on “Gods Space Needle” I truly believe there is something wrong with those paper towels. NEVER AGAIN will I use paper towels or start a thread until after something is growing.
I put an fem. auto of Gelato from @CoastalMarySeeds that will be in my tent off to the side in case one of these gals turn out to be male.
I’m sorry about the hype on the Black Candyland guys. Shit happens.

12 Likes

Dude that gods space needle looks amazing. Ordered a pack last time. Gonna go nuts this time lol.

1 Like

Flipped my big box Saturday so I can hurry up and run some hopscotch and something else.

1 Like

I know the feeling. I shut my previous grow down earlier then I wanted to get these in. I will be starting seeds under a shop light in the future to make sure I have plants to take there place.

1 Like

I have a germ/clone box in the laundry room. So I just gotta time things. Big boxes out in the garage

1 Like

I dropped my last Hopscotch seed in some soil. It doesn’t look good for one of my seedlings. I’m still keeping the pots with BC in them just to see.

3 Likes

I’ll keep my fingers :crossed_fingers: for ya brotha!

2 Likes

Okay. Quick update. Sadly the the one that wasn’t doing so good died off. Upon further inspection it appears it was pinched at the top. Probly from the dummy poking around in the soil instead of being patient.

The gal that was doing good just got her feet wet.
Shes got half recommend dose of GH Flora Series PPMs are 490 my tap comes out at 180
PH is 5.8.
I got my last seed of the Hopscotch in soil. It due to come up any time now as well as a fem auto of Gelato. Keeping my fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

If your hopscotch fails, let me know i can maybe send ya a cut or something when I grow mine out.

3 Likes

@hoppy (the kind gent) offered to send me more seeds since I killed the 4 maybe 5. Smh. I was planning on grabbing more when my money came in.
I do have to say this whole thing was embarrassing. I’m all like “hey guys watch me kill all these seed”. After all the hype. All I can do is just laugh. I swear I didn’t know it was going to be as bad as it was. Not to mention the 3 Black Candyland @Floyd gifted me. The first three he mailed me made it in no protection. He found out that some seeds he sent to someone got crushed. So he mail out three more in a vial. Those were crushed. Go figure. I hope its not something cosmic telling me I shouldn’t be growing right now.
But if that was the case every time I got a bad feeling about something I wouldn’t leave the house.
Thank you tho Shaggy. It means alot.

4 Likes