Little FAMs in big pots!

Thanks @ReikoX, I really appreciate the positive feedback. The front fright girl smells lightly chocolatey with a bit of overripe fruit, the front left girl smells very grapey and fruity and the back left gal smells citrusy and a little gassy. The poor little gal in the back right isn’t giving off very strong terps yet

3 Likes

Wow, looking great Stoned, some excellent looking buds there man, Trevor Lahey and HardRock have both just harvested some awesome looking Fam auto’s as well, I am just going to have to do some more, as soon as I get some free pots and clean out the veg tent.

2 Likes

It is the ultra-rare stonerbee!!
The honey is LEGENDARY :joy: :rofl: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Looking mighty fine, harvest time is in sight forsure :wink:

2 Likes

What’s the plan for next round? You going to run some more auto’s or try some photo plants? You should get something that really shines in those big pots you have. :slight_smile:

Maybe a large auto from Dinafem or Mephisto. There is nothing more fun than flowering a huge plant in a big pot. It can be fun and terrifying at the same time. “is this thing getting to big for my tent…” I say that a lot to myself.

3 Likes

Great minds think alike Tommy. My soil dried out after my last run so I wanted to do a little one to build soil health back up, but I’ll be filling the tent as much as possible next round. I popped 5 jungle spice, 5 Oregon huckleberry and 5 m99. Hopefully that give me at least 4 stout females. I’ve started another thread on my journey, but the little gals ran into some cold weather so I’m fighting to keep them alive at the moment.

I would love to run some more autos/plant one here or there if there is a gap in canopy come flower time, but I’m all out of auto seeds at the moment

5 Likes

Day 65

Some ‘head’ shots of the 3 big gals tops. Had a look with the loupe today, well over half of the heads are milky but no ambers to be found except for very few in the back left gal. I’m thinking next weekend may be a good time to chop(roughly a week tomorrow). The buds are maturing nicely, but there’s also a lot of long white new pistil growth.

Also, there’s a good deal of dust and general shite on my buds when looking through the loupe, so I was researching the 3-bucket bud washing I’ve seen others use sometimes. One baking sofa-lemon juice bucket and 2 clean water buckets to rinse off. Anyone have experience with this? I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for swinging by :v:

7 Likes

Not a pleasant experience to run with :sweat: but worked great, especially after watching the remnant water after finishing:

Be aware that you will need a longer time to dry those buds later, I had problems with humidity in the jars later. Your wonderful buds merit more this treatment than mines :grin:, great job done … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Interesting George and also thank you for the compliments. Please explain further what you mean by “not a pleasant experience to run with”. It’s only dust I’m dealing with(and some dead fungus gnat carci from last round. I know). Just wondering if the risk is worth the reward. As far as drying the bud, I have plenty of fans and a dryish climate. Just want to make sure there’s little to no risk. Thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Oh well, that was a little soap opera serenade|nullxnull , I cannot stand having a single bug around my buds, culled some autos most of you would have smoked :pensive:, I was speaking about my experience watching all those bugs, poops or whatever floating in the water :sweat:. If it´s just dust what you’ve got, go ahead and forgive my melodrama … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Bet they are near spotless compared to most outdoor grown plants. Good job :+1:

5 Likes

Day 75

Girls are looking frosty, looks like this will be harvest weekend

Had a look with my girlfriends macro lens, just a few ambers started. Looks and smells lovely. Most of the leaves died so won’t be a bad trim job.

Cheers

10 Likes

Stick a fork in them, they are done. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Snip snip!

11 Likes

Nice job man, you’re going to enjoy those😍

2 Likes

simply loved reading through this whole thread - thanks for sharing
ps : stella job mate !

5 Likes

Harvest went great and the smells are getting better every day. I have been burping the jars in the tent to keep the smell down lol. I filled 7 standard mason jars with the haul. My scale was a little dusty and not trustworthy, but if I had to guess I would say anywhere between a quarter and half p.

I’ve been struggling with my next round of seedlings, I lost an entire tray of 15 seeds to damping off and/or pests. They all germinated with beautiful healthy first set of true leaves then started dropping one by one. There was a mix of dead tips of leaves that spread and canoeing light green leaves that eventually die. Has anyone seen a flightless fungus gnat? I have some little guys that look like that or almost tiny black quick moving beetles. Very difficult to get a picture of. I at first thought they were harmless like the rest of the critters, but a combination of overwatering and/or these guys is wreaking havoc on my life. I’m working through a few more experiments to be sure before I pop a lot of seeds again.

Hope everyone’s staying sane in lockdown :v:

6 Likes

Sorry to hear you lost all those seedlings, I have those beetle things, they are harmless I believe. I find them mostly in my mulch layer or hiding under my pots. I also have little white spring tails occasionally.

Might be too much moisture or humidity causing the damping off, have you got a small fan you can point at them.

I usually only keep them in a humidity dome just for a couple of days, then take them out to avoid damping off.

From your description, your soil may be a bit hot, or the light is to close for them.

3 Likes

Hey @Stonedmason , do you still have something going on?
Really enjoyed scrolling through this thread. :smiley:

1 Like

He has disappeared unfortunately.