Looking for a ghost og cut

The original and ghost are the same?!? I thought ghost was found in a batch of original kush s1

1 Like

5 Likes

So it was a clone from an original og pheno that got passed around between a few ppl!?!?! Pretty cool story

Oh interesting, just got renamed for someone that spread it around a lot? Like how kushman was credited for strawberry cough and everyone thought he made it. He tells the story of how he was given a clone and he just started spreading it.

4 Likes

Well Matt found the plant and brought it to California, , the bubba kush is a seed from northern lights crossed to the og. Matt brought all three with him to California , him and Josh both grew together and then it got renamed when it left there hands. The original headband was og kush bit it quickly became crossed to sour diesal and many different genetic combinations of the two were sold as headband.
Og and bubba kush are both prone to throwing nanners,
Josh does a pretty good job of telling the story on his you tube videos, also watch the hash church episode with him Todd and Sam skunkman, his portion of the episode goes into a little more detail.

6 Likes

I will definitely check that out.

1 Like

Orgnkid posted not to long Ago where to get legit ghost clones. And John the jar got orgnkid last pack of s1ā€™s he made so hopefully get some good good from that. But he posted it to Instagram. I asked him if he would come say hi on the forum. But was ghosted after that.

3 Likes

Could you put a link to where he posted about legit clones. That is one of just a couple strains that i would drive out to cali from tulsa to get again. Btw not sure if it makes a difference but my grows are for personal use not gain.
Much love 8n the garden

2 Likes

Whats the channel called?

I got mine after he sent me to a friendā€™s in Los Angelas who he gave it to. I think more people have it then you would expect they just donā€™t say anything because it leads to alot of people hitting you up asking questions ,wanting the cut, flipping out when you wonā€™t pass it on etc. Iā€™ve tried to get him on this site , even as a ghost with a different handle but he has very little interest in what the scene has become. Orgnkid is a great guy who has been threw alot, medical issues, jail , lots of bullshit in the scene. My understanding is he loves the plant but not what the community has become. Can you imagine how many people find him and ask about ogers and og kush, it has all been explained before on many different forums. Iā€™m sure it gets old fast, answering the same questions every other email being somebody wanting the cut. Itā€™s not even a easy plant to keep or grow , and most people wonā€™t do it any justice.
I even offered to put it in some peopleā€™s hands who live in Los angelas if they just picked up the cuts and met me in Bakersfield to save me a little bit of time but it was in the wrong part of the valley for anybody to want to go get it, I drove 6 hrs there and straight back to get it because I canā€™t be gone overnight. Distance and time are a matter of perspective. Then again I can see how trusting me a stranger to send you to a random place next to fullerton would seem sketch.
@MimirKush just search Josh d in YouTube , there are only a few videos with him on there.

8 Likes

Lol it would seem a lil sketch depending on how well you know the person. I agree hes put enough into the community and i bet people do swamp others on dm for it thats i i just put it out there for any one to hit me up instead of searching for it on older forumsā€¦ Less pressure i guess lol. I just hope to get a snag on here so i can have an excuse to show my wife the bay and santa cruz before they are too bad. Im afraid if i wait too long concord will look like antioch lol

This is what I always heard from Humboldt growers as the origin for the OG we had in the bay area. Very cool to see that corroborated.

1 Like

The bay area is not what it used to be but is still a great center of culture and art. Not sure how long itā€™s been sense you were in Santa Cruz but Iā€™d recommend capitola or soquel over santa Cruz proper if your staying the night, you can still drive right up to he boardwalk , then again santa Cruz bay at night is rather pretty. Lol def glad I went myself , the directions are basically drive to Compton then go 15 minutes into the shitty neighborhood east of there lol

3 Likes

Whatā€™s that the headband contraversy or the Florida aspect. Technically og was grown first in Florida around 91 from bag seed from the north coast of california, then Matt moved to California a few years later and it was grown in silver lake and then Los Angelas shortly after which is when people started to hear about it. Bubba kush comes from a bubba ( northern lights) that got hit with og kush pollen ( nanners in stressed plant) .Those seeds were found by kenji of Cypress hill , I remember when this happened everybody started offering $50 for any seed returned. There wasnā€™t alot of it and it was almost impossible to get. Around 2002 alot more started to get produced and the og craze was in full swing.
Og kush has always had ties to the Hollywood actor/ califonria music scene , thatā€™s mostly where you would have found it originally unless you knew Josh or matt personally. I only smoked it so early on because a friend was high up in the Hollywood circle as a model and her bf was the son of a chef who cooked for a very famous band.
There were only 7 people growing it originally and it was held very tight. I started begging and pleading for this plant around 2002-2004 and was given bubba kush clones by the tray load but never the og. After a year of growing bubba kush as a tester and returning samples with details on how it was grown I was offered a og mom for $10,000. I drove a $800 car at the time and respectfully accepted it was not in my reach. Shortly after that my line on the bubba clones fell apart and my link to the kush disappeared with it. Itā€™s now 2020 and I finally have both of them and didnā€™t have to give up a down payment on a house.

10 Likes

This is what growers in humboldt always told me about the origins of the OG we had in the bay area.

It was always a clone , came from bag seed in the early nineties.
Hindu Kush x emerald triangle ( unknown green bud from Humboldt)

My dealer / grower friend from humboldt also told me this storry about the generic emerald triangle unknown bud. said it was formed when growers started growing seeds from imported bud. They were all growing in close proximity, and not many were growing sinsemilla. as a result, a bunch of different landrace strains all open pollinated with each other. The seeded buds were grown out, and people selected the seeds from the best plants. Gradually it became somewhat homogenized and adapted to the foggy climate in the emerald triangle to form a new emerald triangle ibl.

He said this stuff was pretty much lost but that some of the older growers who taught him still kept it by breeding it indoor. He actually smoked us out with his grow of those genetics given to him by his mentor grower.

I was still in high school back then, I had only been smoking weed for a year or two so I couldnā€™t tell you anything about that other than it got us really really high. That was a while ago, maybe 2008.

Since then, he actually transitioned successfully to legalized cannabis, and he is now the director of a very successful company that makes ice water hash and rosin.

As you might expect they mainly grow and sell hash made with the newest hype strains, but he is still interested in old school genetics for his private grow.

3 Likes

T town? Road trip!!!

1 Like

T town is the place if you wanna get away from cali prices lol

2 Likes

Prices or not, I have no interest in living there.

1 Like

Where is this t town you speak of , people call my little mtn town that sometimes , aka twamp town :thinking: but most are referring to tulare ,tinsel town or toon town. Just high and curiouse lol there are alot of t towns

2 Likes

Tulsa. That is what some of us call it around here. Iā€™m sure there are a few t towns around the country.

I would love to live in a mountain town. I love the mountains.

2 Likes