Looking for chocolate thai

:joy::joy: thank you. I love when stuff I’m curious about is grown out and I can find feedback
Outa :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

7 Likes

Beautiful, looks like it had some density also

2 Likes

Very small seeds

9 Likes

Nothing wrong with small seeds at least with ones I’ve had over the years .

3 Likes

Honestly I wasn’t super impressed with it but I had a seriously lackluster cure which destroyed any chance of flavor coming through.

I seem to have blocked it out :laughing: A week or two I believe. It’s detailed in that grow thread I linked. I only flowered one from seed.

1 Like

I would say the odd thing about these plants is when you make seeds they are done in about 5 weeks… still got another 8-10 weeks before its finished. Pollinate a little later with these and you will get thousands of seeds.

:peace_symbol:
D

2 Likes

AKBeanBrains has Chocolate Thai, if its not sold out, and I dont think it is. Deal directly with Dave @ dankortowne@gmail.com
Also, hes very free, with freebies. I usually ask for more of the same seeds when I order, and hes always given me what I ask for, and more.

3 Likes

Nice stripes though.

1 Like

I honestly think the only real sauce of Thai online is from Zomia Seeds Collective choc Thai dose not have brad leaf like a indica.

4 Likes

10 Likes

oldschoolba has thinleaved thai68. niceo

snowhighs red thai, and his recent choc thai, look bouth good.
i pretty much think snowhigh sprouts original 80s chocthai at times
its just few people growing them.

also pivate folks stuff … there is plenty of decent 80s thai around no?

or do you mean the flavour?

2 Likes

also, old line are often a bit inbreedingdepressed by now… thats not cool,
modern collections lack depth… not cool-

if one just wants that hard hitting stuff, why not cross a modern collection x a 80s collection . the nondepressed modern line will make it apperant, hitting and such… and the old line will give it deep power. (not what i personally would do, but some/most folks would profit from trying that)

I haven’t seen Snow highs pure Thai lines mate but that hybrid posted here i think it is looks more like an indica than any Thai i grew or saw.

A lot of people still grow Thai here and i am sure in other parts that originate from seed collected in the 70s possibly before Thai was valued for its quality long before forums or community’s like this existed.

Inbreedingdepressed ?

How did you come up with that conclusion Thais were true breeding long ago as were many other land Race / Heirloom variety’s.

The same people that claim this also make S1 seed now thats as extream as it gets when we are talking inbreeding.

3 Likes

I have also grown some of these, and the structure of yours is spot on for what I got.

But one of mine smelled like burnt gear oil, truly foul. That plant was really rushy, shaky high energy. My wife called it the “smoked crack” plant.

2 Likes

thats what im saying, go figure

If your after a hybrid that can have a Thai affect then my suggestion would be Kali mist been done long ago. I found a 96 KM that smoked just like Thai to be honest it really shocked me how good it was not sure what the current KM is like but it has changed a few times since then.

6 Likes

yep, i had similar experience . i grown 10 strains , kalimist x modern collected cambodian gave me more visuals than the other 10 strains or so. but i disliked the hybrid feel of KM-

saw an angel on it kindof., just transparent, but for hours… quiet special-

more visual than snowhighs vb.

1 Like

Agreed about the high, I made hash with it and it was like being on a roller coaster The Scream Machine if you have ever been to Great Adventure. Hold on tight :joy:

D

4 Likes

I didn’t expect much from the KM to be honest i knew it had a good rep online but wow was i in for a surprise.

Not only did it shock me but it also surprised my close friends what more can you want from a hybrid fast flowering easy trim and a high that is just like a good Thai.

5 Likes