Looking for chocolate thai

Those actually look nice. Do you know if its hard to find males in those. I know in drowhrs its like one male to 7 females or something.

1 Like

you can definitely pull males easier than that in these.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks for the pic

1 Like

not yet - perhaps this spring

That red thai defo has chocolate types in it. But its a more minty chocolate type. Its a extreme sativa through. The Senegal probably brings the flower time down alittle. Should be a realy cool one to see.

Sengal is known to have been imported from Mexico in the 50’s & supposed to bring some structure to the unruliness of the thai…

1 Like

Yeah there actually very beautiful sativas. That red thai is a bit mad through, they grow into trees an can flower for upto 25 weeks in their natural environment. So should be quite a combo.

2 Likes

I would be all over doing a preservation run on that if I had the room (I have a seedrun I have to redo in the very near future that will tie up my space).

If you’re still looking for someone in a few months I would love to help with a preservation run on it. Both the idea of preservation runs, and one on Chocolate Thai in particular are what led me to OG in the first place!

3 Likes

That sounds great man. Let’s keep in touch. My situation is a little up in the air right now so I’m not positive on when I’ll be able to get back to it so this may work out great. I think this strain would be a really really cool one to do a preservation run on and if timing works out I’d be happy to donate some beans to the cause :peace_symbol:

Despite being a 16+ week-er this one is an easier sativa to grow compared to a lot of the super unstable thai genetics out there and the high is that magical, smooth but no ceiling electric classic from the story books about weed from the 70’s :yum:

6 Likes

If I can find an envelope I can mail you some tomorrow @nightmare. I have 17 Hazeman chocolate thai’s that could use a good home. They’re from Def seeds on strainly. I just needed the pollen and now I’m finished with them. It was a Bogo sale so I got my money’s worth. I germed 8 and all took around 3 weeks from 12/12 to show flowers
They seem legit. Yours if you want them.

10 Likes

Hey man very kind of you. I will give you a shout.

1 Like

.edited.doble post

DNA Genetics: i got these seeds from key’s of choc thai back in the early 90’s we selected for the best traits and quick finishers. we made only a few seeds of this and Drawoh is the man thats keeping it alive by inbreeding it more.

I got some choc rain on the back burner

Is this what you want?

Chocolate Thai F4 (Drawoh’s Chocolate Thai 2.5 x Drawoh’s Chocolate Thai 2.5) 12 Regular Seeds

Description

Created from genetics gifted by Drawoh himself, Hazeman’s Chocolate Thai is Darwoh’s Chocolate Thai 2.5 crossed to a male Chocolate Thai 2.5. Chocolate Thai F3 is easy to grow but will get tall so give her some headroom.

Drawoh selected a male and females for a bulking of the Original Chocolate Thai line. These were grown out from his stock Chocolate Thai 2.5.

Flowering Time: 10 – 14 Weeks

From Ad.cm: Chocolate Thai, also formerly known as “Thai Sticks,” is a 100% pure sativa strain that is thought to be a native landrace of Thailand. This delicious Sativa is a favorite around the world for its super tingly and arousing effects that pair perfectly with a delicious chocolate flavor. The Chocolate Thai high has a slow build of effects, first creeping its way into your brain with a lifted sense of euphoria. You’ll find yourself feeling happy and focused with a touch of motivation that helps you get to work on mental tasks or conversations. A physical relaxation accompanies this heady lift, keeping your body anchored as your mind flies higher and higher into giddy creativity. In combination with its moderate 12-16% average THC level, these bright daytime effects make Chocolate Thai a great choice for treating chronic stress or anxiety, depression, insomnia, appetite loss or nausea and chronic fatigue. This bud has a sweet and spicy nutty chocolate flavor with a hint of vanilla-tinted herbs. The aroma is of earthy herbs and spicy black pepper, all wrapped up with a rich dark chocolate overtone. Chocolate Thai buds have small rounded dense minty green nugs with thin orange hairs and a coating of frosty, tiny dark amber crystal trichomes.

12 Regular Seeds plus freebies!

or Dutch Flowers’ Chocolate Thai Description

Logo Dutch Flowers We obtained Chocolate Thai from growers in Hawaii (who also sourced our Lemon Thai, already offered here). The Chocolate Thai had a classically thunderous, soaring high that immediately won everyone’s preference. Unfortunately, the superb quality came with a 14 week flowering period price tag. The buds were incredibly aromatic and resin coated, but very spindly, with strings venturing on their own out of the thin main floral cluster, giving it an overall skimpy braided look. Curious structure, definitely landrace looking, but hardly productive even outdoors. Our Chocolate Thai source had warned that to obtain a reasonable yield outdoors, his method was to crowd many plants in a limited space outdoors, in a style reminiscent of hemp grown for fiber.

4 Likes

I have a Chocolate collection from chocolate rain to my favorite chocolate trip.
I’m saving them because of their medical values.

7 Likes

I did get sorted out guys thanks to Arkansas Traveler who i cant thank enough. Also got a couple of old beans of a pure version thanks to another kind gentleman. Just been told to cross my fingers an hope they still germinate though. Thank you to everyone who has tried to help, with special thanks Arkansas Traveler who is a great guy an a man of his word a true og. Thanks guys.
This thread can be closed if needs be.

4 Likes

large repro would be good to keep it circulating and some mods can do the passing
I have a thai it takes 26 weeks so its not for everyone also so orig thai stick around 1976
But agreed maybe thats a topic for another thread

4 Likes

Any Chocolate Thai thread needs to stay up! We need more CT in this world!

6 Likes

@acespicoli, do you have any pictures of any of the thais you hold. Especialy that 1976 thai stick please. Ive found it very very difficult to find anything that matches the old thai stick types, that spicy, camphor, leathery thing, or that earthy shoe polish type thing was unmistakable. From what ive seen even in southeast asia most of the genetics seem to be a mix of things now most with huge buds an lean more towards the lemon mango type spectrums. With most of the types ive found ive had to go through hundreds of seeds to find one or two plants that slightly resemble the old thai stick types. Ive had to fall back on sorting through one or two rare heirlooms an go through those to get the old type. I would be great if more of the original old types were about.

1 Like

Chocolate Thai of old is extint according to Mr. Hill.

3 Likes

I’ve never smoke the old chocolate Thai, so I don’t really have a frame of reference, and all the info is based on heresay, but my understanding is that Hazemans chocolate Thai is worked from seeds that came from and old brick of chocolate Thai. Supposedly found and first popped by DNA, then given to Drawoh for preservation, and then to Hazeman.

I’ve grown a few, none smelled like chocolate, but were all strong up highs. One smelled like burnt 90weight gear oil and was named by my wife the “smoked crack” pheno.

5 Likes