Lophophora's Peyote

After being chopped in half on January 21st, this cactus has put out two pups.

Please excuse my brevity. :pray:

25 Likes

Neat! always a fascinating thread :v:

6 Likes

very nice pics

4 Likes

It takes two to tango. Here’s the top half of a cactus, lower right.

Looking a little thirsty. Go ahead, put out some roots already. I can wait…

Can’t forget the bottom half. What’s better than two pups? How about four?

New growth has deformed the once flat stump from which the top half was severed.

As I was admiring the garden I noticed something amiss with one of the pups on this grafted peyote. Is it some sort of rot?

Nope, it’s just a pup bursting through the existing pup. That’s hardcore.

Imagine having another face behind your face just trying to force it’s way through. Oh the look on your face…

14 Likes

Where is there lophophora for sale in canada? And san pedro?

I have tons of seed for peyote, but could never get them to really go

5 Likes

Not sure if they have seeds but my first place to call would be here:

https://sacredseed.com/products/peyote-plants-small-baby

This is where back in the 90’s I traded Salvia Divinorum cuttings with the owner for “Squirt”! Who we all know is still around and getting fatter again every week :smiley:

8 Likes

You can’t like “own” a plant, man.

I’m sure there are plenty of Canadians out to rip you off if you look hard enough.

San Pedros can be bought at a garden centre no problem, if you’re into that type of thing.

You’re halfway there already. Try my germination method described earlier in this thread. Then post pictures.

3 Likes

Sometimes when I’m alone I tango by myself.

4 Likes

What store have you seen san pedro at here in canada? I havent been so lucky. I would like to be one day.

Buying a 2 or 3 year old for like 150 to 200$ doesnt really seem feasible.
And the seeds are old and i dont know if their any good, it was a gift from a friend over 10 years ago.

I have to do more work i guess. I will try qnother round of germination in the coming weeks

3 Likes

Look for corner market stores that have awesome and strange plants. When i see them they are usually in and amongst the generic “cactus” section and usually unlabelled.

Sacred seed had san pedro as well but not sure now. :canada: 'sorry @jessethestoner that my recommendations are in Canada’s Mordor :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Toronto? Lol

And i will keep an eye out. Havent seen one yet in my area after a few years.

Did see a peruvian torch but i didnt get it, as i have heard some are almost non active

4 Likes

Just 'cause you can’t SEE the Eye of Ford above the Tower… but it’s there.

7 Likes

Don’t fret, it’ll be replaced in a month.

5 Likes

Man, that is some Chang Tzu Ping/Edward Mordrake type shit.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

2 Likes

You should see the face the face behind my face is making at the face behind your face.

3 Likes

a good place to get seeds ? there are a lot of “mushroom” spore "stores so to say. have to be care full with that cactus, eating the “inners” can cause harm be nice to get some cactus seeds and coco seeds in relation to marijuan seeds, it is legal to send them thru the mail (DEA givng them a pass)

2 Likes

Check out Misplant-US based that ships worldwide&stocks a glorious selection of hybrid seeds from well known Trichocereus cuts… highly recommend - I’ve only had excellent results with his seeds.

3 Likes

Thanks ! - if so one would probably get arrested for that - you do know that marijuana seeds thru the mail is legal !! repeating my self dam-it sorry

If you live in the GTA, there’s someone selling pups on Kijiji out of Hamilton. :black_heart:

Cheers,
-e

4 Likes

are mescal seed available of is the trichouerus peyote seeds ?

1 Like