Lophophora's spare bathroom

Just finished reading this whole thread. I don’t know why I wasn’t following it all along, but I am now. :smiley:

5 Likes

This is one of my favourite threads.

4 Likes

It’s a good one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I also admit this

4 Likes

Just call me Sally Fields!

Thank you OG! :pray:

20220121-093542-screenshot

To reiterate

I already posted in the Fog Dog Giveaway thread, but here are the Cole’s notes

Not sure if you can make it out in the photo, but the scale reads over one pound.

20220120-221436-screenshot

Quick, everyone ask corey for good luck!

15 Likes

Is that a bowl of Fog Dog?

You betcha!

The plant has been hang drying at 18 C / 40 %RH for four days. I hoped for a nice slow dry, but it seems these are the best conditions I can maintain. Being very crispy to the touch, this evening the buds have graduated to a large jar along with a thermohygrometer which offers a greater illusion of control over the drying process.

Let’s see the numbers

I saw this format in ReikoX’s workshop and decided to follow suit. Here are some grand totals:

Yield: 118 g
Duration: 87 days
Power = 94 W
kWh = 1.692
g/W = 1.25
g/day = 1.35
g/kWh = 0.8

Four days is pretty short

Even in the comfortable part of the house with the humidifier the air is very dry. Hopefully the drying process can be slowed with the jar. I definitely need to find a better drying solution for the future instead of just winging it and being at the mercy of winter’s cold dry grip.

Are you baked?

I haven’t tried the Fog Dog yet, I want to give it a chance to age. I did however try a bit of scissor hash which has me blasted. The smoke was pungent and minty, with a very abrupt effect. Oh man, I need a snack.

Is that all?

I mean, I guess so for now. Sure.

Does this make me a respectable grower then?

29 Likes

Very impressive work on the fog dog @lophophora.ca, very frosty and you are definitely a respected grower in my eyes. I just grew a fogdog but it was stunted because I topped it and in a small pot. Still curing it now.

5 Likes

Thank you, Sir. :pray:

I only wish I could have pulled this off in the spare bathroom instead of a crappy corner of the basement. What will people think when they see the title of the topic?

I know this pain all too well. Looking forward to hearing how yours turns out.

10 Likes

Looks very nice and very nice numbers. Scissor hash is the best. It’s modern Charas.

Drying can be tricky. I do mine in a small bathroom with no exhaust and an inkbird/humidifier to keep RH up. Especially in winter when the humidity is zero. It takes a little experimentation.

I’d say they’re as dry as they’re gonna get. I would barely even burp them.

Better a little too dry than a little too wet I feel. And there’s always boveda if you feel disappointed (you shouldn’t though you’ve done a great job).

Well played!

5 Likes

Wow!! Stunning results!! @lophophora.ca you rock!!! :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

4 Likes

Damn looking good brother !!

This part got me thinking …

Is that a bowl of fog dog …punch

Fog dog x purple punch auto …indica dom
hybrid known for high yields

3 Likes

Much Respect! Well done!

Grow4th!!!

4 Likes

Don’t forget g/ft² :wink:

5 Likes

Respect not given. You earned it. :slight_smile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Letters to the editor

Thats the entire point of this thread :rofl:

With the humidifier in the bathroom with the door closed all night, my dehumidifier’s sensor shows 38% and my hygrometer reads 42%.

I deliberately left a little bit of stem on all the buds that had greener branches (in case anybody is questioning my trimming), as I figured the centimetre of extra moisture would facilitate a slower drying process.

I’m just happy to see some humidity. I would rather fuss over my buds for a few days than end up with dust, but I think they are right where they need to be. You are most likely correct and these will require barely a burp.

No way I missed that detail, but we use the metric system here… sometimes. Actually I couldn’t find my measuring tape last night and didn’t want to make up numbers.

What exactly is measured, the entire grow space? The little cubby is 3’x3’ (1m²) or 9 square feet.

118 / 9 = 13.1 g/ft²

I think, or did I bone that up? The plant wasn’t really that big either. I easily could have fit two in there had I a second 15 gallon pot. That would have really boosted those numbers.

Thank you for inspiring better metrics.

Thank you @Abbbian, @Rabeats2093, @4ftfarmer, @MoBilly, and every other OG’er who stopped by with kind sentiments and well wishes. :pray:

Also big thank you to @corey who orchestrated three massive fog dog giveaways. When I look at this jar I can’t begin to think of the words to express my gratitude.

The bar has been raised, I can’t wait to see forty more quarter pound fog dogs come springtime.

14 Likes

You nailed it. Though metric would probably be better, 118 g/m² sounds bigger too. :grin:

8 Likes

How cold is too cold?

Check out these bubble hash bags! Pretty neat, eh? I decided to try my hand at hash making this evening and failed fantastically.

This evening I gather the supplies, a bucket, some bubble hash bags, ice, reefer, and a big wooden paddle. I fill the bag-lined bucket with ice, water, and weed and toss the bucket into the snow. Then it was paddlin’ time.

After a few agitation sessions came the time to strain, at which point I realized that the bags were frozen solid. I probably should have figured this out sooner as I sat there stirring a giant puddle of slush. Upon removal of the first bag from the bucket the dripping stopped almost immediately as the contents solidified in the open air. This occurred with the removal of each subsequent bag, yielding a smaller and smaller snowball.

I brought the frozen nested bags into the house for a thaw under some cool running water and scraped up the meagre remains lining the bottoms. Ironic I then put the scrapings right back into the freezer to dry, don’t you think?

After poking at the basketball sized chunk of ice and weed remaining in the 220u bag I decided to let the material age outside in the cool night air. I’ll pick this up again tomorrow, but likely indoors.

So how cold is too cold? I reckon it might be too cold if you have icicles hanging off your bag.

13 Likes

Ya no need to freeze I do mine in a heated building in comfort . That could be why such low return . Use 2 pails one for your bags the other to mix in then pour into the bags.

4 Likes

I did see this suggestion either in your thread or somebody elsewhere thanking you for the tip, but alas have only one bucket.

Tomorrow I will adhere to your advice to finish the job in my laundry room, in comfort and in warmth.

7 Likes

Any thing a pot wash basin garbage can, mix in it pour into bagged pail . I’ve heard of guys tearing the work bag mixing in it .

3 Likes