Lophophora's spare bathroom

I like to touch it to a heated surface like my hot knives and watch it bubble and turn to goo. IF that doesn’t melt it, there is far too much plant material. Just rolling some into a ball and placing it on some parchment on the table should melt it into a puddle overnight. I like to take it and put it between a flap of parchment and use the heat and pressure of my fingers to melt it as well. It shatters when cold but after some warming up between your fingers it should melt if it’s an excellent melt batch.

7 Likes

:crazy_face:

7 Likes

That’s an amazing picture, thank you @JoeCrowe!

5 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

6 Likes

Anything new going on in the spare :crazy_face:

1 Like

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing! Say it again, whaaaa-

Alas the spare bathroom is on a break for the remainder of the month. With the weekend just over the horizon I plan to give everything a thorough scrubbing. My dehumidifier is also taking an unscheduled holiday, I need to add humidifier repair to my weekend to-do list.

What happens next month?

Come March the bathroom will be dedicated to running some Black Snow which have been happily growing in the vegetation station. I’m very excited to run these plants. Not only is Black Snow one of the coolest names, but seeing all the pictures in the Black Snow Grow Show I think they will produce quite the flowers. That’s why we are all here, right?

Did you ever try that hash?

Yes, just last night! I think my hash is broken though. After performing a combustion test using a hashpipe, next thing I knew I was waking up kinda baked and all of my granola bars had gone missing. At the very least I have confirmed that the hash will in fact combust.

That was a quick reply this morning…

You just happened to catch me in the spare bathroom. :laughing:

11 Likes

This is the number one danger of hash consumption.

7 Likes

This storm we r receiving is making it for a long weekend …we r literally writing the list now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

For me it’s the tortillas.

3 Likes

That, and the laughs. You’re updates always crack me up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

:thinking: Did you manage to give the tub a scrub over the weekend?
ezgif.com-gif-maker

11 Likes

My wife asked me the same question about the kitchen… As well as the bathroom, and laundry room.

I’m like Cinderella but with much crappier shoes.

8 Likes

In her defense, you do use that wash machine…I mean workbench, pretty often :joy:

I do the same with the deep freezer, and it’s funny my wife never goes in there until I have to use it as a workbench. The minute I put anything on it she feels the need to start digging through it :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m all ears…

Good, because I wanted to take a moment to talk smack about another OG’er. You ever heard of this guy @Slick1? I heard he is of questionable repute and has peculiar tastes.

He’s not going to live that one down.

Despite all the things he said about you, he did make a fantastic Chocolate Thai x Orange Grove cross. I can’t quite remember the ridiculous name given to this cultivar…

Chainmail Fuckvest.

You just watch your language- oh, right.

Without further ado, here is the photographic record of these wonderful plants from seed to smoke.

What happened?

Dirt date was October 20th and flip was November 20-ish, equating to 31 days of vegetative growth and 84 days of flowering. I had no idea what I was getting into when I germinated these seeds, I had nothing but questions. Does a 16 week flower time denote 16 weeks of non-stop stretch and growth?

Short answer, no.

I started these girls in 1 gallon pots after having read all sorts of online lore about using smaller pots to tame stretchy sativas. When these plants were started I was still limited for vertical space due to the manner in which my lights were suspended. After optimizing my lighting configuration I figured the 3 gallon pots would be a better fit and allow me to take advantage of the newly increased headroom.

Repotting more or less coincided with the time that these plants were moved into the spare bathroom, and 100% coincided with harvesting the previous occupants of the 3 gallon fabric pots. I was expecting a bit of stretch but alas, as soon as these girls got a taste of 12/12 all vertical growth came to a halt.

Days passed, then weeks. With each passing week these little dwarves stood there and mocked me for all my incompetence. As time drew on I was rewarded as the plants really started to show some frost and their smell really started to mature.

What started out as a unique plant smell grew into a distinct and mature aroma all their own. The green one smells more than the purple. But what is the smell you might ask? Here is a series of quotes from me in chronological order trying to describe the aroma:

The smell from each plant is identical, and also unlike anything I’ve ever smelled before. It’s like an intoxicating pepper and pine smell, and as soon as you’re done taking a sniff the lemon citrus undertones suddenly tickle your nostrils.

I was going for a walk few days ago after a rain spell and passing somebody’s yard I smelled the exact CMFV aroma, had to do a double take. Went for another sniff just now. Still no words for the smell but like a citronella, only more grassy.

The smell is becoming really refined, like lemon pledge on an oak banister. An expensive oak banister, in one of those expensive houses where they use the word banister instead of low-brow expressions such as ‘hand rail’.

The smell is very much like lemon on an oak banister, but much more mature now… Not like the childhood memory of the smell of a banister, but like the smell of a banister at a rich milf’s house.

Intereresting growth as well, absolutely zero lateral branching. I did absolutely zero training to these plants so this is as close to their natural expression as you can get, minus all the abuse. I would note that the smaller sugar leaves around the buds were very thick, much thicker than I have seen before. After a few weeks of flower the little leaves were quite beefy, and the fan leaves became very dark.

The buds were also very dense, rock hard with very little give when squeezed.

And then what happened?

After 12-13 weeks of flower the trichromes were finally looking cloudy to my satisfaction, which is right about the time when I started noticing some new growth. These girls were trying their hardest to squeeze out a banana or two.

Once trimmed up the colour variation between the buds is readily apparent. Not the biggest yield, for which I am certainly to blame, but the nugs are all nice and dense from top to bottom.

I found four healthy looking seeds from the purple plant while trimming and while breaking up the buds. If anyone needs more seeds, send all requests to @Slick1’s inbox.

What a haul

You’re telling me, 9.49g baby! Impresssive, I know- let’s look a bit further at the numbers.

Yield:     9.49 g
Duration:  115 days (31 days veg, 84 days flower)
Power:     94 W veg, 240 W flower
kWh/day:   1.692 veg, 2.88 flower
kWh total: 294.372 (52.452 veg, 241.92 flower) 
g/W:       0.0395
g/day:     0.0825
g/kWh:     0.0392
g/ft²:     1.186

*Square footage was calculated assuming the 2x4 area directly under the light.

And how about some bonus numbers? What did this whole endeavour cost?

Total cost for 294.372 kWh over 115 days:
@ $0.082/kWh = $24.14 ($2.54/g)
@ $0.113/kWh = $33.26 ($3.69/g)
@ $0.170/kWh = $50.04 ($5.55/g)

The electricity rates vary based on how much the electrical company wants to bleed me dry, and time of use. I run my shower of flower during off-peak pricing, but the vegetation station does cross through the on-peak and mid-peak rates throughout the day.

Using only the cheapest rate I would have paid $24.14 in electrical and at the highest rate $50.04, so the real cost falls somewhere in between the two. For the effort I put into this grow this bud was well worth the expense. Still cheaper than I could buy it anywhere else, and of far better quality.

How’s the smoke?

My initial comment was along the lines of

Oh nelly, I’m baked.

The flavour itself is light and airy, lemon and fancy wood. I also woke up the next day astoundingly high.

Any further questions?

Why do you only sometimes employ the Oxford comma in your writing?

No clue, I’m not an English major.

If I missed anything else I probably meant to include those details but forgot to do so.

20 Likes

Who worries about living things down when they’re living it up? :wink:

You guys cleaned me out! Anyone who wants some of these beans could contact that scumbag donnie who scammed 30 of them with alt accounts. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Would he be the one selling Overgrow seeds on IG?

Cheers
G

8 Likes

OG seeds on Instagram?

5 Likes

Somebody mentioned that yesterday, getting free seeds here and then selling them…
Scummy move

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Very scummy

9 Likes

I was thinking about it yesterday…

They certainly didn’t deserve the seeds - and now they don’t have them…
Hopefully, whomever purchased them will eventually find their way here and figure out what’s what.

Cheers
G

7 Likes