Lophophora's spare bathroom

Short answer, did gallery improperly while high.

Gracias amigos! I’ll fix it up later… Maybe lol

3 Likes

I don’t want to be a downer but your privacy corn sucks.

I’m about 5 seconds away from popping these fastbuds but I just need to pop the clutch.

Is it auto season yet? Am I late? Fashionably? Nope just late
:+1:

That’s quite neat. Is that a sufficient rez? I know very little about it.

2 Likes

Privacy corn is a misnomer. Everyone will know about it once those stalks tower over the fence.

I didn’t plant corn last year until the first weekend of June so this already feels like a huge headstart.

I don’t know. Octopot sells 3 and 6 gallon reservoirs, way larger than I had imagined.

The largest tub measures 16cm x 16cm x 10cm for an estimated 2.5L and the shorter tub measures 7cm tall for an estimated 1.7L. I just chose these containers based on footprint and availability but I will keep an eye out for potential candidates.

Regardless of reservoir the soil in the bag is evenly moist throughout so it seems like that part of the idea is working as intended.

8 Likes

Very nice Up date. I enjoyed it very much.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I get all my best ideas whilst baked… Any idea that comes out ‘half baked’ - just needs more weed:rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Girls gone wild, volume 5!

Are you ready for unabashed shower action, action, action? Get ready for girls in the nude, nude, nude!

Feast your eyes upon the Skynet sisters (Big thank you to NugLifeFarms420)!

These girls have really made be rethink my life, or at least the part of it I spend locked in the spare bathroom. I can instantly see the appeal in a SCROG net, as opposed to just weaving the branches through my LED strips.

As it stands this is a fairly accurate representation of these girls’ natural expression, save the single topping and repeated bending of a few over eager branches- and believe me, these girls have a lot of them!

Looking at the calendar these girls are around the six week mark, but don’t hold me to the exact date. Just how much longer you ask? In this case I will yield to the expert on the subject:

Oh man, but I wanted to smoke them now… Might as well get settled in for the ride, we still have a ways to go.

What was that sound?

It sounded like an explosion! False alarm, it was just the sound of this plant blowing up.

It’s near impossible to get a detailed photo of the node spacing because this plant is just so dense and grows more dense with each passing week.

Mango Smile? I’m smiling already!

How is the DIY SIP working out?

Everything is ahead of schedule. Sounds like a first for me.

This seedling was originally in a solo cup receiving bottom watering- pretty standard stuff. I’m still not sure what occurred but during the last watering as I removed the cup from the water all of the dirt evacuated the cup like a gravity bong woosh, leaving only a seedling in a cup of perlite.

Never seen anything like that before either, wasn’t employing any sort of new technique. I just chock it up to me gardening while high but I really hope I’m not the only one to have done this.

Either way, at that moment I decided this seedling would immediately proceed to phase two of the SIP experiment.

For those wondering the test subject is a Mephmonster from @estab87. Thank you!

What’s next?

That pretty much covers everything, just another lazy Monday. Thank you for stopping by!

It’s Tuesday…

Oh no, not again!

17 Likes

I think that’s a $250 ticket in your jurisdiction.

7 Likes

A moment of silence

With a heavy heart I say goodbye to the Mephmonster. Not 24 hours after I posted a photo she keeled over. I’m not completely surprised but I had even waited a few days after planting before deciding to share with everyone. She had really perked up and was showing growth after a rough transition to her new home.

It seems my inadvertant foray into hydrodynamics was too much for this little seedling.

I suppose the only way forward is to pop some more seeds but I still need a few days to mourn yet. Gone but not forgotten.

Such hardship…

I appreciate the support, thank you.

The struggle doesn’t end there either. Never would have imagined I would be battling temperatures with the onset of summer. By temperature I mean the cold, my basement is freezing!

I had to better enclose and insulate the vegetation station as the temperature had dipped below 18°C. I mean we have plenty of warm weather here but my wife’s air conditioning preferences could be described as excessive.

Nobody say anything to the Mango Smile x 24 Carat, she hasn’t seemed to notice at all.

Somehow I suspect when the electricity bill arrives the 90W LED panel will be to blame, and not the icicles hanging from the air vents.

Nah, just kidding- she’ll blame me.

18 Likes

Rip Mephmonster…
What do you think caused it brother?

Only asking coz 3 of my seedlings did that to me while the other two in same exact conditions are thriving…

3 Likes

100% my fault… Kinda?

Seedling didn’t take well to the emergency transplant is my number one guess.

3 Likes

Our hearts are with you as you go thru the process of morning.

This was the viewing for Cherry Festival #5. My first seed run.

:green_heart: :seedling:

15 Likes

It looks so lifelike.

6 Likes

That warms my heart, thank you.

That picture is so tasteful I don’t know if I should burst out laughing or burst into tears. :joy:

6 Likes

any update on the black snow harvest?

3 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah, it stinks.

Of course, I mean that in the best way possible because this bud reeks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Not recommended for enclosed areas or public spaces.

Black Snow, here we go!

I didn’t post any complicated or in-depth metrics because in all honesty I did a pretty poor job on this run. No fault of the plants either as evidenced by results from other growers in the Black Snow grow show.

Getting the seeds going was a challenge for this run, with about a 1 in 3 rate of success. Seeing as I am presently holding a candlelight vigil for the last seedling under my aegis, I may not be a trusted authority on germination rates. Also worth considering is that all of these seeds were being sprouted during the coldest part of the year lending yet another challenge to the process.

Did you do anything right?

I can safely say I wound up with some very high quality flower that smokes great, tastes great, and offers great relief.

I also made sure to get Black Snow cuttings in as many gardens as possible so that others may do this cultivar some justice. Take these photos recently sent to me for example:

Additionally I was able to knock up the best looking and best smelling female with some Alien OG pollen which came to me by way of @Oldtimerunderground. This was not part of the original plan and put a big damper in the overall yield but it was a fun learning experience.

Even the shucked buds taste pretty good, but I imagine after I get all the seeds I will use the remaining material to make some cookies.

Let’s wrap it up…

Hopefully I answered any questions that you may have about the Black Snow grow unless it was a really, really specific question I would not have expected. In the event of the latter, you’ll have to ask.

This was an overall positive experience and I’d really like to give this one another shot down the road to do the Black Snow some justice- I might even have a cutting for just that occasion.

When I consider that I was able to share a few sacks and many clones, stay high 24/7, make some seeds, and still manage to have a jar left, maybe this was a complete success.

Disclaimer: Definition of success may be subject to change.

Thank you @anonymous4289!

18 Likes

Black Snow x Alien OG :thinking:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

I can see that cross blowing up
ezgif.com-gif-maker

9 Likes

alien winter, lol

4 Likes

I was thinking Black Extraterrestrial but Alien Winter is good too! :laughing:

4 Likes

Either way, it’s going to be an ULTRA COMBO!!
ezgif.com-gif-maker

6 Likes