Lophophora's spare bathroom

@anonymous4289, I’ve been lurking in the Free Seeds thread waiting to see more packs of black snow find homes.

The first three losses were without a doubt my fault. All four seeds sprouted healthy except the plant you see pictured is a born survivor, eye of the tiger.

The empty looking pot of dirt adjacent to the black snow contains the seed with a tail. It may not photograph well but that seed has burst forth from the black depths of the soil to showcase triumphant vigor.

As for germination rates, I will watch the most recent quartet to take a plunge. Just seeds in a shot glass of water and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide- and no soft germination music this time.

6 Likes

you’re going into pretty much uncharted territory with the black snow. off the top of my head i can only remember @EugeneDebs420 has a black snow going if you want to check that out.

4 Likes

She hasn’t given me any trouble yet even with the cat hitting the timer switch on during lights out for a minute. Caught it right away but so far so good.

4 Likes

The last one, ever

Well this is it, figure after this post I’ll take a break from OG- at least until the new year.

I may compulsively login and scroll through page after page, maybe even post jovial comments on others’ threads, but nothing else of substance.

Before I take leave

Just to bring closure to my previous post about Black Snow germination rates, after graduating from the shotglass the seeds are 4/4. All the seeds are now in dirt, except for one which rolled under my washing machine. Now it’s time to sit back and watch the magic happen.

Have a great rest of the year!

14 Likes

Hope you have a supportive new year, human. Jovial comments are always welcome in my threads; as are all statements lacking substance!
Peace be the journey

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

@G-paS I swear, last one

1 Like

This year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Well Lophophora,

… may you have a very Dioecious new year!!

:clap: :partying_face:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

It’s good to be back

Hiatus is tough for everyone but I’m excited to announce my return to OG!

Did I forget anything from last year?

Hardly!

Thank you! I did look that up. Less ribald then I’ve come to expect, but a lovely sentiment.

Let me be among the first to say congratulations @Gpaw!

I’m going to have to start drinking coffee if I want to follow in your shining example.

I know what you did last night…

Which is to say, I know what I did last night.

Hard to believe I had enough accumulated material for pressing since my last adventures in homemade hash. I’ll admit I was hasty in my work, but tasty in my results.

Please excuse my fingernails, I wanted to prove to myself that I still have classical guitar chops… I do not.

I only tried a small sample before passing out face-first into my phone. Very smooth.

Thank you all for helping me see the light :pray:

Are we done here?

I could spend all afternoon with congratulations and gratitude, but that would be an odyssey in itself.

Looking forward to a great… year. Whichever one this is.

11 Likes

Do you remember your first time?

When did you first lay eyes on your space? Did you know right away “This is where I shall grow weed”? Did you stay up all night planning your grow room and drafting the blueprints to your success? How many tries did it take you to get things right?

Or did you just buy a tent, set it up, and start growing?

14 Likes

Ever evolving to run as much as I can (under my legal limit :smiley:) in my limited space and limited electrical capacity.

5 Likes

Once I decided to grow in my workshop, it sort of snowballed from there. Started with a 2’x3’ stealth NGB style cabinet. Added the dual 2.5’x2.5’ workbench. Finally, custom built 4’x4’ veg and 4’x6’ flowering rooms.

5 Likes

I just started with a 4.5 X 4.5 tent. That when I needed 12/12 I got another 4.5 X 5.5 tent/

5 Likes

I like the way you think! :laughing:

I explained to my Sweetie, we would need to consider a significant increase in grow space as we are planning (18 months?) to move…
to be closer to the children… :wink:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I have to say @lophophora.ca your grows have a lot of personal touches. You have a unique way of narrating. I’m a bit envious of the perfect health you get. The cal-mag antagonism won’t allow that for me. I started in a sliding door closet, then graduated to a walk-in, then dual growing closet areas. Yes there was an empty closet in the next room for storage, so I moved it all out began a simple plan here w 85w tripod, 2 gall dwc starter. The bedroom has a bed so I realized closet for veg/moms and I had to get a tent for flower to use half the room and seal it from light. That was quite the research project, customized vs packaged kit. I constructed my own kit. For work space I had to get inventive, by putting 2 pieces of plywood on the mattress and covering in black painters plastic. And the other thing I got a quick idea is the seed/clone grow box 25 gall tote on a dresser w 2 96w 4 head leds off the side, simple but another grow space that grew seeds to maturity up 2.5 ft. Took up to a month and a half to get everything sent piece by piece, mostly Amazon. I timed it well as plants don’t wait to need bigger pots and mixes. Anyway yeah I planned this as the grow started out.

4 Likes

Me? :thinking: No way…

The whaaaat!? I just prune the bad looking leaves before taking photos. I’ll admit it, this is all a facade. :rofl:

Get on with it

As I have nothing going on in the bathroom right now I’ve got to come up with something different for you.

How about a joke? Did you hear the one about the lady who backed into a fan? Completely disaster. Dis-assed her?

Alright, alright. The Blockhead F5 x Mikado BX turned out beautifully, rich frosty buds and an intoxicating sweet aroma. You’ll have to take my word for it as I can’t bring myself to write up weepy descriptions pictures of seeded buds, the time for tears has passed.

Following in some advice I received earlier all of the buds are now in the freezer with which to make hash, as was definitely the plan all along.

I will say in parting that I can’t wait to run these again.

Whatup dog?

Ever heard of this great guy @corey who ran an awesome Fog Dog giveaway? Not just once, but twice!

Well either way, here’s what happens if you plant one of those Fog Dog beans.

A humble beginning. The seed sprouted 2021/10/25 and a little over two weeks later found a new home, planted in the shadow of the stump of a once mighty Black Snow.

She started off sort of spindly, and even needed to be propped up with the Fog Dog plant stake at one point to keep from falling over. I didn’t think she would be up to the challenge honestly. That Black Snow left some big shoes to fill, but before I knew it I had a respectable looking plant.

Days later she decided to grow into the light, so I needed to perform some chiropractic. Alas, as soon as the main cola bent over the remaining branches filled the role.

As it turns out moving the bulk of the branches offset the centre of balance, so I had to string her up with a shoelace.

Let’s have a closer look at that pot. Lots of red clover and what looks like a cucumber creeping. Every week or two I put my fruit and veggie scraps in the blender and toss that into the pot. I couldn’t even put a frequency on it, let’s just say whenever I remember and have a sufficient quantity of scraps on hand.

I just remembered I tossed some malted barley powder on there too at one point, which likely means I didn’t do it more than once. Probably too late to add some more now…

You can hear her bark in the dark.

As I sat around in the pitch black trying to get focused pictures the lights flashed to life sending me screaming out of the room like a frightened animal, but I managed to slink back to take one more photo.

By now she’s starting to get a bit frosty. After super cropping twice and raising the light to it’s maximum height, I had to really tie down the main cola to stop a great bulk of the buds from cuddling up with the light.

I can’t help but admire these buds. It’s hard to choose which cola to amire as they are plentiful as they are beautiful. Some of the colas have grown up and past the lights, and I have come to accept this. How many times can one keep bending the plant? I figure with a week or two left, it’s not worth stressing this old girl.

There you have it, the cards are on the table. Now you realize why I don’t want to show off my auto grows, mostly because they look so much better than my photo grows. It’s also not the prettiest grow space- it doesn’t sparkle like some of the other auto grows out there.

28 Likes

Well played. Well played indeed.

So you’re thinking FOG Dog oughta go about 90 days?

3 Likes

That’s eerily close to the arbitrary 13 weeks I had marked on the calendar.

I don’t really know, but I know I’m going to find out.

2 Likes

You did a great job on that one! Love the description. Made me chuckle a couple of times. That’s a good idea blending your food scraps and giving your plants a health shake. Also letting any seed that came from the shake grow in the pot is a good one too! Very nice @lophophora.ca!

3 Likes