MadScientist's Giveaway

When’s rainy season?

1 Like

Starts in May, can’t go then… It’s impossible to get out of the
mud and that’s when all the bugs and bacteria are thriving…

Dnagerous, plus it’s harder for rescue corps to get in there, just in case…

Look for Creepy/la cripa/CREPE/CRIPI in Colombia and you will find a lot of stuff posted about it. It is actually regional there as to what it refers to and how it is spelled. In Bogota it means one thing, and in Medellin it means something else. As the meaning and spelling has drifted, it has been used there for a long time. I believe it is a Colombian derived term, and that was exported to Florida (with the abundant amount of white and green products exported there from Colombia). The term could have gone the other way though, or originated anywhere in the Caribbean. In Colombia they agree pretty much everywhere that the term stems from Kryptonite.

1 Like

I would love to go to Costa Rica and hunt for landrace strains. I would also like to go white water rafting there, and hang out on the beaches. Maybe do a recce on the potential for moving to Panama. I have narrowed it down to Panama and Chile for places to retire to, and Chile is a lot farther away. When I was younger and traveling in Southern Mexico an American couple living in Panama found out that I was a chef in Carmel at the time, and they begged me to go with them to the Canal Zone and open an American style restaurant. I declined… I would do it now though.

2 Likes

That makes three of us, it owuld be no problem for me to make a little escapade to the beaches and white water rafting and all. Everything is close to my house. The white water is like 2 hrs away and the beaches are anywhere from 30mins to 2hrs, we are talking about beaches never heard of, or seen anywhere…

Oh and we got some volcanoes so, there’s magic mud and natural springs too.

2 Likes

i saw someone bid several thousand dollars for an auction package that included a cut of crippy from florida among many other elite cuts during the cali fire fundraisers

3 Likes

Yeah, the rainy season there is the opposite of California. May though October? That was the wet season in southern Mexico. Same in Hawaii according to my brother, then living in Maui. My genetic brother, not the dozens of brah’s that I have there. Might be nice to escape the Oregon winter and head to Central America.

As for bugs and bacteria… reminds me, the woman of the couple that wanted me to start the restaurant in Panama, she had liver flukes that she got in Panama. Not good. I had several diseases that I picked up in Mexico on trips there, including giardias and amoebas. And some other stuff that they never figured out. The tropics and be hard on humans. My brother said that the bugs on Maui were insane. He slept on a cot there with the legs of the cot in large coffee cans filled with water. He lived near a cane filed though. In Mexico I slept in hammocks all the time. The creepy crawlers there were HUGE! In Florida it was almost as bad, and as a kid I would lift the toilet lid and LOOK inside before sitting on the pot. All kinds of bugs would crawl in and out of there. Everything there was ALIVE and MOVING. Even concrete was not safe in Florida. They had ants there that bored right through the sidewalks!

1 Like

Yeah I’m just going by my personal experience being a florida boy and hearing everyone calling good sensimilla in the late 80’s-90’s Crippy or Krippy It might have stemmed from Kryptonite at some point but then everyone started calling any Kind bud “krippy” regardless if it was gainsville green or Triangle kush or the White… I guess it could be a hint as to when the term Creepy started being used alot in costa rica? and as a native of CR @MadScientist says quote: And the Punto Creepy, which is something new. Which would make me assume that it is not a Landrace native to Costa Rica if it has not been found there for years…
I’m assuming it is a cross of maybe a landrace mixed with a modern strain like green crack for example… Of course this is just my assumption based on what little evidence I have been able to find… But what do I know?:vulcan:

2 Likes

I have volcanoes here. I live on the slopes of a 2 million year old extinct one, and 40 miles west an active one: Mt Hood. I am 50 miles due south of St Helens here, the one that popped off in the early 1980s. Lots of natural hot springs all around here. I also have a hot tub i my cabana at the back of my house here.

4 Likes

Let’s go to your place then, sounds really nice… LOL

We can hunt blondes instead of strains!

6 Likes

I wish I could afford to travel the world, If so I would for sure Trek around looking for rare landraces before they disappear forever. For some landraces it is already too late I hear. If I could I would for sure seek out these landraces. For whatever reason African landraces really intrigue me more than any other country as a whole though they say asia is where cannabis originated I feel africa perhaps has the most diverse strains overall as there are landraces from every part of the continent.:alien:

3 Likes

The more I read about Creepy, the more it parallels the word Marijuana. No one knows where or when the word Marihuana (also spelled mariguana) originated, or even what it was derived from, other than in Mexico “someplace”. A key to its age is the different spelling in Mexico and the states. Some say that the term stems from Chinese, “ma ren hua”, which means ‘hemp seed flower’. That may account for the ‘h’ in the Mexican spelling. In SF in the 1960s Mary Jane was the street name and variation based on the America spelling. That has been retroactively suggested to be the origins of the word Marijuana, Maria and Juan or Juanita, but likely is folklore as it was and is not spelled with a J in Mexico.

Black market lingo has always fascinated me. Ganja is like that as well. Indian or Jamaican? It is of Hindi and Sanskrit origin. But the Rastas believe it is of Caribbean origin.

2 Likes

Ba ha ha! If you want to hunt blondes, go to Boston. More blondes there than any other place I have been. Lots of Irish ancestry there. Then we can also just go to weed stores and hunt for strains. Weed is legal now in Massachusetts.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUX6uGblSH4

3 Likes

It’s actually from Colombia that they brought it, when i say new i mean the last ten years or so. And that doesn’t mean it wasn’t present in central america or venezuela, guyana, panama, all these places around here u know. Maybe we costaricans didn’t have access to it until now, but i know that it’s been around forever…

It is the legitimate Punto Creepy you all have heard about, it turns purple in the right conditions and it’s got red hues, plus they say it’s very potent… When grown correctly, not off of buds i got it from. The genetics are there tho!

Oh and the San Miguelito, i have certainty that it is derived off of Panama Red a very famous strain back in the day.

1 Like

Yes that is what I meant about new also 10 years or less. I assume that a true landrace would be something that has been grown on that land for several generations before it is considered a landrace that is of that land. I was alluding to the possible florida Crippy and costa rican “Creepy” as possibly being of the same origin as the Florida crippy was around since the 80’s as far as I know it could have been sooner but that is when I heard the term being tossed around. Like I said I think it did originate with the strain Kryptonite perhaps but then as time passed it just became a generic term for Kind bud… I could be way off base here with the whole “Creepy” stemming from the Florida “Crippy” of the 80’s and 90’s.
But If you did not here of the term Punto Creepy until around 10 years ago it would make me think that it is not a true landrace from Costa Rica but perhaps a modern strain mixed with a landrace such as the San Miguelito strain?
I’m no expert at all but I consider a landrace a strain that has been grown in that land for several years… I don’t know where one would draw the line but I would say it would have to be a strain that has been grown in that specific area for at least 50 years or more but likely hundreds of years…
With any strain though it is very hard to prove a true landrace much less one that has not been polluted with other genetics that have been grown in the area over the years. Look at Green House seeds, They go to these countries and search out these landraces in remote areas and what do they do? They trade these farmers their hybrid seeds for their landrace seeds, Which within a short period of time the landraces are all but lost because they are being mixed with Greenhouse seeds hybrid strain that are more indica dominant that the farmers like to mix because it shortens flowering time and such.
I would not doubt that Green House might have done this on purpose so that after they gathered all the landrace seeds they wanted they will then be lost to everyone else other than Greenhouse seeds so that they can monopolise these disappearing landraces.
Of course this is just my conspiracy theory…
Though I am a novice I honestly believe that landrace genetics is what is most important when it comes to finding the “Grail” type strains of the future… But What do I know, I just wish that those that had access to these rare landraces would be more giving with these landraces as it would help preserve a lot of strains that might otherwise disappear in someones private stash if they pass away or the seeds just become non viable possibly to age or non proper handling, Even those that refrigerate their seeds have accidents or loss power to their fridge or other unexpected things can happen, but if people were more free with their collections and shared more often it would leave room for more people to have the same seeds therefore making it more likely to preserve these precious genetics, say if someone lost their collection they would be able to retrieve from someone that they shared it with to begin with.
But that would be in a perfect world right? One can dream though… It really does bother me to think of the landraces we have already lost and those that we will continue to lose. You never know but some of these landrace strains could indeed be very special in terms of what they may be able to do to help someone in need medically that other strains are not capable of… Sorry to rant on so much…:vulcan:

1 Like

Beware, we are the world capital of lesbianism! Lots of beautiful women but don’t try talking to them. And you’ll need to undergo a sex change operation if you want to hook up with them!

4 Likes

Before i had kids, i used to go out with a lady who was into me, and me into her… But, we would hit on girls at the same time, it was unfair even… HAHAHAHA! Those times were wild… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I dunno about that. Portland (Oregon) has a very large lezbo population. Portland was almost named Boston, you know? It came down to a famous coin toss way back in the pioneer days here, and name of Portland won. Looking online it seems that Northampton, MA is the number one lezbo capital of the US. Close to Boston, but no cigar. Number 2? Portland, OR, dubbed Lesbianville of the West. They are followed up by SF (of course), NYC, and Atlanta.

Source:

that’s the only hope! To find an L woman who also likes men.

2 Likes