@MadScientist's Lab 🔧🔨⚛☣☢

None at all, at least not until your done playing with yours for the first time, hehehe!

1 Like

is it a mister or DWC type?

On the video the one they show is transparent, but the one you actually buy is black.

HppHrvst

I used one with a 4 foot shop light over it. The clone will root very fast.

4 Likes

I would put a T5 on top of it, maybe that will do at least to get it to root and then move it to a better area, i mean more appropiate.

2 Likes

That looks pretty cool. How much did it cost?

I wonder how effective the “cooling” fan is.

1 Like

Hahahaha Ive been using 1990 technology for clones since 1990. Except they did not have a fan in the cloner back then.

3 Likes

I just like that it’s RTR. I have enough stuff on hand I could whip one of those up in a jiffy but… these days i’m becoming more and more about saving time vs money lol.

2 Likes

I was pretty pissed off when I went online and found out you could clone a plant. I’ve been hooked on the net ever since.

7 Likes

it took me less than an hour to build one, most of that time was waiting for the drill batteries to recharge, would recommend corded drill if using hole saw. prob 2 hours if including time at home depot, but it could have been faster, i just love home depot :smiley:

@MadScientist that looks like it will work great. is that a vent hole on top of the humidity dome or just their company logo or something?

3 Likes

Last year for christmas I got a Dewalt 20v combo kit, I use these tools almost EVERY day. The drill included in this set seems to be REALLY efficent, but the secret to getting lots of holes on a single charge… Use a step bit.

Yes, bigger step bits are expensive, but they make excellent holes in plastic without cracking it. Much better than hole saws. If you don’t mind waiting on shipping, cheaper ones off ebay or amazon will pay for themselves in time and frustration on the first use.

5 Likes

You know I am eyeing the battery version.

3 Likes

Full disclosure, The reciprocating saw and the circular saws don’t last long on the 1.5ah (included) batteries.

My circular saw lasts 4 rips on a 3/4" plywood (8ft cuts) back to back with the 1.5ah battery. My father has the same tools so we went in together on the 6ah batteries, you can cut all day on a single charge with one of those lol.

1 Like

Once that mess below the saw is frozen with the kief inside, the saw is way over kill anyway.

1 Like

Yeah you probably run it for all of 30 seconds to 1 minute? lol. You could do like 10 batches on a single charge lol.

Easy, with nearly 2 ounces inside the jar for each run, if I had that much candied leaves.

2 Likes

i don’t really like any cordless (or hoseless pneumatic) tools, it was my dads drill, but the hole saw worked very quickly thru the thin plastic of a 5g bucket lid. just had 21 holes and a shitty drill i think, i don’t think that bit would have helped much but i do want one now :smiley:

2 Likes

Just the company logo i think…

1 Like

congrats!! you will love it. you can clone a tree trunk in one of those.

3 Likes

They work great, been using a similar one for the last couple of months. Good success rates and easy to use. Just keep it clean and you’re good to go.

2 Likes