Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

Quiet week in the fields with not much rain which is great for the ganja, only a couple of things to pick

Crazy colour on this pan cyan

Some more reishi coming along

@anon93244739 are these cubensis pins?

6 Likes

They definitely look like it!!!

3 Likes

Not 100% on this but my guess is that cold water extraction will pull less bitter or otherwise undesirable compounds.

Also, I think the active compounds degrade with heat, but how much and to what I don’t know.

3 Likes

Yeah, I really have no idea either. Just kinda spitballing.

That’s probably true. The cow farm in Florida that we used to go to was like 2000 acres and we’d leave with literally trash bags full of mushrooms. The sheer volume we’d boil up probably allowed for the active compounds to degrade to some degree with little to no loss in the strength of the tea. There were just… so… many…. shrooms haha.

3 Likes

Gotta keep it under 240f to preserve all the actives, so boiling would be ok in that regard, but yeah you end up with a more bitter brew after from the other high temp solutes coming out. You can make crystals of the gods using 151 everclear, but the shelf life is about 24-36 hours. And it tastes like porcini concentrate, absolutely rank.

3 Likes

We always just mixed in a packet of Kool Aid haha. Kids… Still tasted like ass. But really sweet, sugary ass…

2 Likes

wow, these are amazing pics, thanks for posting. I want to take a course on this or something! I’d love to go foraging w/ someone experienced. I know there are at least two species that grow on the cow patties here.

My ex-gf’s parents were Russian, they used to collect shrooms here - pine trees and sandy coastal forest. They used to make a fall trip to Cape Cod to collect, both food & physchoactive

2 Likes

Went to check on the guerrilla and found those, I directly thought about this thread. Sorry for my non existing mushroom knowledge, are they any good?

3 Likes

I don’t know much about mushrooms, but I wouldn’t fuck with those. They don’t look like any mushrooms I’ve ever picked, anyway. Maybe somebody with more knowledge can chime in.

The ones I usually picked were always kind of “flat,” and had more color to them. Orange/pink and even some purple, if they got big enough. The ones in your picture don’t look anything like that, although I know there are tons of different varieties of psychedelic shrooms.

One thing you don’t ever, ever wanna do, though, is eat a mushroom that you’re not sure about. Eat the wrong one and you’re guaranteed a trip to the hospital. And that’s best-case scenario. You could die from eating the wrong one.

5 Likes

Oh wouldn’t do that. I’m just curious because of this mushroom trend that is happening. I never had shrooms but if I can find some in nature and I’m sure they’re good I wouldn’t mind trying.

3 Likes

What area are you in? This is the time of year for lots of stuff, first learn how to do a spore print, they can teach you so much, second get a regionally specific mushroom guide. Then start cross referencing. And never never never eat a mushroom you cannot 100% identify, professional licenced mushroom foragers die every year from mis identifying mushrooms, and it’s literally their job.

6 Likes

Nice thanks for the advice, it really sounds interesting. I live in Québec, I’ll start looking into it.

2 Likes

Very few that far north, but some.

4 Likes

Scored some yummy chanterelles. Just under 4lbs. We are loving all this rain and beautiful temps up in the nek.

17 Likes

Some beautiful fungai

15 Likes

Beautiful pics bro!! :heart_eyes:

Life must be good in the kingdom!

7 Likes

You bet! Waiting on Kings to pop, only spotted 1 small cluster the other day. Soon!

5 Likes

NEK? never ending kingdom? north east Kentucky? Never mind…Send GPS location for those chantrelles :grin:

3 Likes

Lol. @Qtip The Northeast Kingdom.

3 Likes

Sounds mythical with foggy mist but I might have a lisp. Where’s that? I’ve lived in the shire my whole life

3 Likes