Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

Yeah watching the shower curtain elongate and dip into infinity is a feeling i know all too well my brother lol.

I have pan cyans and bisporus prints and a koi samui spore syringe. If you had your choice what would you put into Agar and or inoculate first?

Side note: have you ever tried DMT? I’ve only done it a few times, but very similar ego dissolution.

HG

1 Like

What’s the tip? From that article: “She said she dumped the dehydrator at the tip.” Is “tip” Australian for the garbage dump or something? Haha.

1 Like

usually tip = dumpster

2 Likes

I kind of search for everything, the Rieshi are for medicine. I got a good haul of Oysters a few weeks back, harvested 3 days in a row… got about 2 kilos in total. Really tasty, most of them I fried in butter with sea salt served on top of toasted buttered sour dough :ok_hand:t4:

I’m honestly not sure about all.of those except the Pan Cyan. I used to visit Amsterdam often
and purchase many mushroom varieties "under the counter’ at the Elements Of Nature store but they were all labled with their country of origin as their name. I remember Mexican, Hawaiian and Colombian mostly all were really nice and a good laugh. This store also legally sold psychedelic truffles, these were not under the counter and sold in plain sight but I’m not a fan of truffles. Too strong and too weird

Yeah bro the dump haha, Ausy lingo. We also say bin instead of trash can and toilet instead of bathroom :joy:

Yes they are mate, we have them in our backyard so I’m regularly watching them hunt while stoned on the hammock haha

6 Likes

Worth the walk today

Yesterday

Today

Can anyone who grows at home comment on how long Cubensis pins like in the photo take to be full fruiting bodies in tubs? It amazes me these come up in one day in the wild. @saxo @Floyd

12 Likes

Been quite awhile since I did a tub, but its pretty fast. 2 - 3 days from when pins apear as I recall. Some faster than others.
Wish I could just go for a walk and pick them.

5 Likes

I’ve heard both of those and know what they mean haha; I even call our big trash cans “bins,” like,”Put it in the blue bin/green bin/black bin.” Never heard “the tip” before, though. Or not in reference to a garbage dump, anyway haha.

Pics look awesome. Those bull-looking things just chill like that? They don’t charge you? I got charged a few times on my mushroom-gathering walks back when I was a kid, even by cows, never mind the bulls haha.

1 Like

Not exactly wild, but! It is exceptionally strong, I’m usually good for 3 grams no problem, 2 of this cap and I’m wondering in the yard melting in to the surrounding whilst talking to the various animals I encounter, especially and the plants and trees communicate via energy. :rofl:

3 Likes

Don’t know shit about mushrooms bought these from the homie all he said is they were strong :muscle: :rofl::rofl: fkn under statement I feel like a Cheshire cat grinning atop snoopies dog house :rofl::100: what is this shit called? Anyone know?

1 Like

I just ordered some golden teachers, B+, penis envy, and… one other strain? From sporeworks. Gonna do a tub or two before the dry winter air comes to town :sunglasses:

Sadly, no wild active ones near me

1 Like

Home grown shrooms are the same. They pin for a day or two, but then once they start the sprint, within 24 hours they are full grown. It’s bananas. Then 48 hours later they are starting to die

1 Like

IMG_0578

4 Likes

Day of the Blue Meanie today, aka Pan Cyan

Yeah bro, so far so good haha. The Ox are just stoked they aren’t strapped to a cart, pulling rocks.

How cute are these little fuckers :joy:

Baby bluey with a mini mini bluey attached

Little Cubensis, the only one I found today

My mate across the river has been killing it too

Forgot to add, yesterday found another batch of Oysters

10 Likes

Yesterday was one for the books…

48hrs after 15hrs of non-stop torrential rain, I had high hopes and it didn’t dissapoint. Ended up running out of light but kept searching in the dark with my phone light, they actually really stand out at night.

Today should be good too :pray:t4:

14 Likes

Edible or poison?

Pretty sure no magic shrooms around here.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t eat them, not sure of the variety. Sign of good soil though. The app Picture Mushroom is a good way to get an ID

5 Likes

It just don’t stop…

Visited the pins I spotted yesterday

Beautiful specimens

Running out of drying space

16 Likes

Question maybe someone can answer the best time to look in Virginia? Or a link to find out what’s the best time in my area. I’d love to try to find I’ve always wanted to do it

2 Likes

Damn, @FattyRoots you are doing alright this season! Wish I had wild ones growing in my area! :sunglasses::heart:

Instead, this is how I do it. I sterilized this batch of jars and substrate last night, and will be inncoulating them tonight

8 Likes

Hey mate, I’d go search or ask a few questions on the Shoomery forum. Just a heads up mycology dudes seem to be a little pretentious especially compared to us humble ganja planters haha but they are a wealth of knowledge.

I’m not sure where you live and you may not have humid conditions and dung loving fungi but you may have wood loving varieties.

This is a good one and fairly easy to ID

Psilocybe cyanescens - Wikipedia.

I’m running out of space, it’s so humid right now they are drying too slow. Need a dehydrator. My friend just lost a bunch to mold. I’ve got these out on the back deck under the fan

@firehead what variety(s) you got going on in those jars?

@Blueridge looks like you get the same dung loving variety’s we do here in the tropics. Just did some research

8 Likes