Mapito Eb & Flood - HLG starfleet - Strain Judging

Thank you for the nice words @Dirt_Wizard. I am still the same guy like in the past. Transparent and willing to show. A HD family member likes pictures more than words, 4 life

13 Likes

Welcome eskobar,

Iā€™ll park over by Floyd and take notesā€¦
Heā€™s good at nudging me awake for the good partsā€¦ :+1: :laughing:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Thank you @Gpaw. Letā€™s hope that my interpretation of growing has something to add to your notebook. Many of you are allready educated and growing nice buds

12 Likes

Glad to see you back and working on lots of new stuff! I recently got an old pack of Jalisco Jaze from a friend that I plan on popping later this year to F2!

6 Likes

Hello @Moka, thank you for the welcome. From the batch i gave to Sannie i still have many thousands in my seedfridge. What you have there is Soma first cup clone cut of Amnesia Haze vs Jalisco IBL. The mex genes are the purest that can be found. Itā€™s a very hard thing to find because allot of the Big 4 have been genetically poluted. You need insiders that have cannabis knowledge and have connections (thank you El Tiberon) to get the real deal

13 Likes

I hear that. I jumped into the growing game a bit late and was excited to get some older strains, yours included. Too many hype strains these days. Gotta go back to heirlooms, Landraces and quality IBLs in my opinion.

5 Likes

Letā€™s have a look at unit TL1, Volumetric Water Content (VWC) vs Pore Water EC (PWEC = substrate EC) during the entire flowering run. The flooding timings and Feed EC value I put in the reservoir is based on these measurements in combination with the return water ec and ph.

No bud pictures but some technically insight in the system I grow.

While in the past I did an eb and flood every 3 days, things are different now because the crates with mapito have a Teros 12 sensor plugged in at the sides. The Teros 12 are the newest sensors from Metergroup company, US. Aroya (Sidecompany of Metergroup) who pulled this sensor in the canna industry and wrote different software for it (to can read the data more easy) only installs it at commercial ops. In the near future they will release a homegrower version, smaller and less expensive.

Do you need the Aroya version? No. The Teros 12 is where the data come from. Some other companies have a similar sensor that also works. Teros 12 was my personal choice because it has proven quality and precision.

The Teros 12 sensor give data about : Pore Water EC, Saturation Extract EC, Bulk EC and Medium temperature.

When there is a flood, the VWC peaks at around 50% up to 55%. Capillary force of Mapito.

The PWEC is on its lowest point after a flood because the dilution of the nutrients is on itā€™s maximum.

The more the VWC drops the more concentrated the PWEC gets.

Important to know that I allow a VWC % drop from around 25% in VEG, this is because I not allow the PWEC to get to concentrated at that stage.

In Flowering I allow larger VWC % drops, to get higher PWEC stacking concentrations. Some nutrient stress is what I want in this fase.

The schedule shown in the screenshot is 9 weeks flowering only. Not VEG.

I steer the PWEC between 3 and 7 on Hydro Eb n Flood. Every bump you can see on the graph of the VWC, is night vs day cycle.
In VEG it is very nice to see when the roots start to get grip and mature. But thats for another time.

A nice vid on youtube explains its very good. Aroya channel ā€“ Electrical Conductivity movie
I am not related to any of these brands, i bought everything myself. For support of what i trying to explain i do mention the brands i need to.

Do you need crop steering to grow nice crops? nope. But if you want to take it a step further, this is it.

Special thanks to my friend @Drip-n-wet for the co-op in the entire crop steering adventure.

34 Likes

Great start here on og .I would of never ever thought about all these new tools 7 years ago.vwc, pwec,
DLI,vpd.par meters led . evolving is moving at rapid rate .Hard to keep up with warp drive tbh.

Climate control ftw.

great writings Esko

11 Likes

hehehe, no more doubts about OG.
good ā€¦ letā€™s start the party :wink:

strap in, guys !!

21 Likes

Hey @santero, no more doubts. Being carefull is a normal thing right. This is really a big family and allot of family members we know from opg

17 Likes

That equipment is very informative , a great insight to what going on in crate , fantastic for us that like to visualise and be in there with them , amazing : )

5 Likes

@eskobar !

Super happy to have you here, welcome to OG. Really excited to see all the goodies you will show us! Love all the data you have for your grow. Im going to be staying tuned here.

6 Likes

Hello @TopicalWave , thank you for the welcome. The step i took to join here is serious and not any stunt or promo hype. Its me, the grower who want to be amongst you. Still on hydro flooding but evolved. Data has become an important thing.
Sharing is caring
The HD blood is still running in me, no words without pictures

16 Likes

Looking forward to learn more about the Mapito method and what you have brewing. I used to love apples but now Iā€™m slightly allergic to them. Bring on the Apple.

1 Like

I want to build out your system, do you have a thread somewhere on building it or should I deep dive read somewhere about topic?

1 Like

@eskobar , is there a way to keep track of the ph within crate also ?

3 Likes

Whatever @eskobar brings to the table I know itā€™s going to be great if you guys donā€™t mind Iā€™ll tag along for the show

7 Likes

@Astrodude, no there is no build online. I just returned to the online scene. Itā€™s expensive gear + its not finished yet. You will see more in this topic. If you have any questions you can always send me a PM for references, i would help ya. Prices of gear differ depending what country you are from. Some things are hard to score. When you have the gear the next step is to can analyse the data it gives, very timeconsuming.

@ifish, the ph inside the crates has no data sensor, no. PH of soil, cocos or hydro medium are superhard to measure. You need to squeeze out the water and measure (or make a tea from it). I prefer not to do that.
The drain water does tell allot of information. When the PH keeps on coming back higher, something is wrong with the nutrient uptake. And ofcourse there is the PH drop day, important one, where the plants tell you they are ready for real flowering and the P & K can be increased.

@Papalag, well i try to do my best. Not everybody has the same taste. The seeds from me that have been sold online in the past were ok. Price vs quality was fair play. I can look everybody in the eyes with a clean consience. The strains i have mentioned are real. My friends and me test them, then i let them go with the flow, what follows is public judgement without i use people to create a hype. It is the most pure feedback, realistic. Lady Cane projekt is not what i called finished yet. Everything evolves.

22 Likes

My growbro is running the ā€œf2ā€ of the lady cane from cannabella seed club which is based on your work. I gave him my last 5 seeds. Iā€™m looking forward to the outcome. I hope thereā€™s something for my neighbour in them who is kind of adhd and just relaxes on strains I canā€™t sleep on :smiley:

5 Likes

The Cannabella Lady Cane is a F4 or F5ā€¦and TBH nothing even close to what Esko LC F3 was!

Cannabella used a very small gene pool to reproduce the Lady Caneā€¦

Esko LC F3 male was selected from a 200 (F2ā€™s)seed run if Iā€™m not mistaken

Iā€™ll wait until Esko releases his Lady Cane again!

Alaskagrown

7 Likes