Mass Medical Strains

That would be lovely to see and to join in!!

AG preservation

3 Likes

I have a bohdi/niereka pack of AG in the fridge. if someone Is doing a preservation run Iā€™d be happy to donate.

7 Likes

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

We might need this help

Again, I think a separate thread should be created for the AG preservation run. Anyone else have some Thoughts? I havenā€™t been here enough.

I just hate seeing this mass medical strain pop up everytime AG is talked about.:joy::smiley::joy::smiley:

5 Likes

Yes very true! That guy is sketchy as a three dollar bill.

My pleasure and no point the, sitting in the fridge forever.

2 Likes

I know I heard of a couple people looking to do a preservation run this fall of the AG. I hope they see your message.

1 Like

Iā€™d be very interested in watching that strain get preserved .

1 Like

I need to get off my ass and read the preservation threads. I havenā€™t been involved in one yet so Iā€™m not sure how it works.

But in any event I have a bunch of packs for it.

4 Likes

It likely isnā€™t the Acapulco Gold people reminisce about from way back when. I googled around a bunch after I picked up a pack of the Nierika AG and found the LiquidKid (and Graywolf?) story. From what I read I take it this ā€œAGā€ is a lovely Guerrero cultivar. I wouldnā€™t put too much stock in people remembering something from decades past that they or may not have experienced in the first place.

Which isnā€™t to say that it isnā€™t worth preserving.

2 Likes

Have grown many (6 different strains) some of which I will grow again and some not. Just like any breeder - they ā€œhit-itā€ and breed and great strain and some not so good, The good out weight the bad. Many of there (most) strain are hybrid for ā€œStat Pupilā€ which won a cup a few years ago. Always interesting strains

Go to Pheno-hunters for Preservation of strains/genetics

We do our own preservation here brother. No need to go anywhere.

3 Likes

will check them out Woodstock Farmary - was at the orginal Woodstock !!! (If I remember right !!!)

Did you grow it out? If so, how was it?

1 Like

I havenā€™t as of yet, I havenā€™t had it all that long, it was available as a BOGO or B2GO Bodhi freebie on GLG sometime late last year or early this year. Truth be told some part of me wishes I had instead picked up a second pack of the other Nierika freebie available at the time (Herbaria Bushmans), but Iā€™m sure in the long run Iā€™ll be glad to have both. I havenā€™t seen many grow reports on any of the Nierika releases, no doubt people sitting on them (guilty of that myself).

3 Likes

Do you have an eta when youā€™re going to pop your Herbaria Bushmans? I have two packs that Iā€™m looking to preserve (& filial breed). I donā€™t wanna make any promises but if you have a plan, maybe we can coordinateā€¦ & I can either send pollen or whatever. Or worst case scenario, trade your AG for a Herbaria Bushman. Iā€™ll be doing my AGs next <60 days

1 Like

Not this year, Iā€™m a pipsqueak and already have everything tied up. Depending on how a project I finally put a little work into this year (after far too long) turns out I was planning to use one or both of the Bushmans and AG in hybridization at some point down the road. Realistically I might not get to them until 2023. Not even close to the same timetable Iā€™m afraid.

1 Like

Bumpā€“whatā€™s the latest with everyoneā€™s AG projects? :popcorn:

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone has started any of those or if they just put them into their vaults. Itā€™d be sad if it was the latter.

2 Likes

Bean hoarding vs procrastination vs lack of time or space; different reasons, same outcome? Either way it sounds like there are/will be multiple AG repro runs, win win!

3 Likes

Iā€™m popping mine in 7 days (next full moon). I know I know Iā€™ma POS for dragging my feetā€¦ but yeah, theyā€™re coming! :sweat_smile:

Has anyone started a separate thread for their AG grows/seed increase? Iā€™d prefer to post there instead of here, or making a duplicate thread. Iā€™m probably gonna do a full open pollination ā€” but this time Iā€™m taking cuts for myself :roll_eyes:

8 Likes