Master kush the hunt continues

Major Cliffhanger lol… any luck? Strain needs to be saved and shared… even F1’s or S1’s… I NEED to see it at the very least

2 Likes

Getseedsrighthere has a master clone up for $70 right now, the mother is from tissue culture

3 Likes

@Kon ,I know somebody who has it but it went outside to early this year and tried to flower , they were attempting to re veg last time we spoke

2 Likes

@Kon just got a SoCal Master Kush clone from Cloney Soprano and the Master Kush BC2 from Crickets and Cicadas. I’ll be S1ing the SoCal MK and chucking the pollen at other things, unless I am able to get ahold of the green pheno of the MK to do a BC3 and F2 open pollination with the C&C pack.

7 Likes

Theres a purple master kush?

2 Likes

I’ve read/heard from people that the SoCal Master is the “purple” pheno because it will fade to a darker color like black affie and looks similar bubba. The green pheno I’ve heard about stacks more and is bushier. I was warned that I should search for the SoCal because it would suit my humid area of the country better. C&C have them labeled separately as a Eugene Master that they used for the BC2 and a SoCal Master Kush for some crosses as well. I’ve been meaning to message them to see if I can get more info from a reputable source other than old forum posts.

2 Likes

Wow, today I learned.

My mentor brought MK to our city from the west coast and cash cropped it until his untimely death. I never learned it’s providence, but it was incredible smoke. He had her dialed in, and it was one of the most unique highs I have ever experienced. It was all green, not a hint of purple, so I didn’t even think that was an option…

Looks like I’ve got more digging to do.

4 Likes

looking to pop some ‘vintage master kush x 88g13hp’ seeds from bodhi. been trying to figure out any information about the ‘vintage master kush’ mother plant… i wonder if bodhi hunted through an old pack of Nirvana master kush seeds or what. maybe someone on here may know?

is the general consensus that the SoCal Master Kush is a select cutting from Nirvana seed stock?

2 Likes

@Tessellated ,I was always told it was hunted out of sensi seeds white label brand.

2 Likes

This is all I’ve seen on the Eugene MK:

I bought a pack because I’m a sucker for any varieties that were big in Oregon.

7 Likes

A couple Master mommas I have from different sources

Before I cloned and topped them a bunch they had some of the nicest broadleaf traits I’ve had in many years, about to flip one or both very soon here… stem rubs are heavenly too bringing back memories !

9 Likes

Are these grown from recent seed or clones that have been kept from the clone only cuts that used to float around ?

3 Likes

I recently picked up a pack of Master Kush Rbx from Ethos. I haven’t popped them but I’ve had a lot of good luck with Ethos seeds. If they come from legit stock is another story.

3 Likes

both are from clone @Heritagefarms

5 Likes

Love the project bud! I wish I were closer to the west coast quite often when it comes to legit cuts. Things are still very much under wraps in my area. Not much can be easily sourced so I am left to hunt everything out… Master Kush from my understanding was good for sleep so I was always interested in it but never ran anyones gear out. Hope that lead pans out for ya! :fist:

4 Likes

I plan to do some flower runs very shortly to replenish my stash with the mother cuts.

Afterwards, I’ll have the free space to pop seeds and hunt out suitable males to pair with the cuts.

For that male hunt, I have the BC2 by crickets & cicadas, 3 MK crosses by Bodhi, and I have a lead on Dominion seed co Iron Sheik.

I don’t want to just dust pollen even from the BC2 onto the moms without having them dialed and knowing them like the back of my hand.

In my opinion, that will help when selecting from the offspring for a BX, outcrosses and potential future keepers.

4 Likes

They both look very similar to the cut I grew around six years ago , if either one is you will have a true gem in your hands.

6 Likes

how is the veg time on those master’s?

5 Likes

Are these a kush I have no idea all I know is I got few seeds from friend of a friend

7 Likes

I saw that recently. So they have 3 different MK cuts with C&C. The one used for the BC, SoCal, and Eugene.

4 Likes